nitrous qstn

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous qstn

how exactly would you use nitrous through all 5 gears? purge once then press it .. or would you need to purge it 5 times .. i would like to know how this is done. thanks.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: nitrous qstn (shawnc21)

you purge to clear the lines. . .
now to activate the niitrous , you should have a act switch and a wot swx,
you hit the activations switch to enable the systems for use and then when at wide open throttle it will kick . dont spray in 5th gear though. . . when your done . let off the gas, shut off the switch . or vise versa, depending on the situation .
purging is done before the run .
Old 11-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous qstn (itr206)

ditto on what 206 said. he's had quite a bit of time at the track to know the system.

BTW 206, how's the turbo setup coming?? and do you have a remote bottle opener for sale??

i'm looking for one at a decent price, new or used.

thanks
Old 11-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: nitrous qstn (sweet)

nba i got everything else for sale though. if someone dont buy soon , im just gonna part it out , and spray my intercooler down with the purge. heheheh
either that or the wifey wants me to juice the 02Si . dont knwo yet, we'll see.
turbo is goign good all i need yet is my injectors and piping and intercooler, the injectorsd will get ordered tommorow
Old 11-04-2002, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous qstn (itr206)

cool to see that you're making progress with the turbo setup.

are you going "stock block" with the ITR motor or are you building soon?

also what kind of gauges do you have for sale?

i picked up a new turbo setup as well, maxrev (and Hondata 2B) with everything but the inj./BOV/catback exhaust. i gotta get all the odds and ends too, still wanna upgrade the block with sleeves too but i gotta wait on some $$.

hey i was curious what fuel pump/FPR setup you used with the N2O system?

i've been having a problem the past few weeks with fuel delivery. everything's fine N/A but when i inject #4 runs real lean and starts to melt or blow the plug electrode. usually #'s 1 2 and 3 are fine but have had a hint of detonation also. usually it's just #4 with major problems. i've checked into all the components except for the fuel pump itself (Walboro 255 high ouptut). i noticed the fuel pressure at 51/52 psi so i adjusted it with the B&M FPR i have but it barely budged. so then i put a new gauge on and the same thing. i swapped the FPR out with a stock Teg one and the same thing. i do have a new fuel filter on it, and i've checked the jets/lines, they're fine as well. i even went to the extent of tearing the plate apart and cleaning the internal rails/lines, they were fine also. the only thing i can think of is the fuel pump isn't functioning properly and the pressure is suffering. i've played with the timing and bottle pressure. the detonation becomes real bad with full bottle pressure so i'm assuming it's the fuel system.

i thought i'd get some opinions before picking up another fuel pump as to what it may be besides the fuel pump.

later

[Modified by sweet, 12:03 AM 11/5/2002]