Notices

Nitrous Help Needed ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Help Needed ...

Hey ! sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i need a little help ... to make a long story short I've been wanting to purchase a form of F.I for awhile so i finally decided on nitrous, I've been reading up and researching & finally picked up a kit off a guy locally but now that i have the parts, i'm just trying to make sure to see what i need left to purchas which is what you guys can hopefully help me with anyways here's the kit

It also came with a dual purge setup which i'm steal learning about, I bought the setup for a deal of 130 bux (which i think was a pretty good deal) so i pretty much just bought it asap ... so now i just need some guidance on what parts i'm missing, I have the feedline & bottle & i know i need the fogger & jets but i just need some help on figuring out what i need for the rest of the nitrous setup & the rest of the dual purge setup to get this thing up and running , thanks in advance for your help ... justin !
Old 10-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Help Needed ... (eg8kid)

looks like you still need the relay and thw switch. either WOT or in car activated. contact NOS about getting the relay.

There is only one pruge solenoid....with two lines coming off of it. its just for show.........
Old 10-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Help Needed ... (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like you still need the relay and thw switch. either WOT or in car activated. contact NOS about getting the relay.

There is only one pruge solenoid....with two lines coming off of it. its just for show.........</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off thanks for the quick response !

so far on the list i have i still need

- Throttle Switch
- Toggle Switch
- Fogger
- Fogger Relay ?
& brackets

as for the dual purge setup does that look like it consists of anything or am i missing any vital pieces to put it together, cause i'd like to run the purge since it's sounds beneficial... if you guys could help me out i'd definitely appreciate it - thanks again Justin ...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

*Update*

I picked up the fogger nozzle & the throttle switch

Bump for some more help !
Old 10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like your on the right track
Old 10-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eg8kid:

The original set up is the NOS kit #NOS-5122. It is a dry kit that comes with the two Powershot (pn 16020) solenoids for nitrous engagement. The same (pn 16020) is also used for the purge, and yes you can have it with a dual outlet. Just make sure to order some hard tube from NOS otherwise you will end up purging the nitrous in the engine bay (not a big deal but still). Now coming off of that blue nitrous regulator (the one between the two solenoids) pn 15855, I would replace the steel adapter with the proper hose barb. Depending on the size of the vacuum line you run to the fuel regulator tee. Here are a few that they have: 17539 (1/8 NPT to 3/8 hose), 16244A (1/8 NPT to 1/4 hose). I would then suggest getting a new nitrous filter on the input to the system pn 15570. Now remember that the blue nitrous regulator (between the nitrous solenoids) should be pointed towards the fuel regulator.

I would not suggest mixing and matching solenoids form different companies. I would just get the dry shot nozzle pn 13500. Then get the correct jet size for the shot that you want to run. The dry set up is good for up to 80+ hp. The jet in the bypass tee, the one that gets installed at the fuel regulator vacuum source should already have a .42 jet in it. That will stay the same no matter what size shot you run.

And under no circumstances at all, should you use teflon tape around the threads. Especially the AN threads.

If you want to make it a "wet" set up then I would buy the fuel solenoids form NOS pn 16080. Then purchase a fuel filter for that solenoid pn 15571. Then go with the two stainless lines one for nitrous and the other for fuel. The part numbers are as follows: NOS: pn 15220, FUEL: pn 15221. The you will have to email NOS to get the correct jet sizing for the nitrous and fuel jet for the size shot that you want to run. That set up is good for 150 hp.

Good luck,

Jason
Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Help Needed ... (SFWD 1934)

SFWD 1934: thanks for the very insightful & descriptive help & i'm sure it would help me but is there anyway you could put it in laymens terms ? lol i guess this ADHD keeps kickin in when i read it & i just get lost
Old 10-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sure no problem. If this is more of a stock motor than I would run the "dry" shot. If the motor is a little modified with say an aftermarket fuel regulator, then I would go with the "wet" shot. If you want, I can give you exact part numbers for pieces that I would replace and/or get for either of the kits. You can PM this screen name or the SFWD 1934 screen name.

Jason
Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Help Needed ... (Pro-Am 1934)

if i were u i would get a fuel pressure safety switch and a RPM window switch. I had bought a used dry nitrous kit from a guy last year and the solenoid lasted about 3 months before the solenoid wore out which caused it to get stuck open which in turn caused a backfire and i was stuck on the side of the road.