Notices

nitrous guru's i need help please!!!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous guru's i need help please!!!!!

alright i will start off by saying my set up, 89 crx dx converted to obd1. im running a chipped p28 ecu itr spec. motors a b16a2. i am running a 75 wet single fogger system on it and it ran fine back in oregon, now that im in arizona thia ia the first time i have gotten a chance to run it. i just got done putting my bottle heater on and wired up and my saftey blow offf, and blow down tube. cause i wanted to run this weekend, so i went out tonight just to do one pull. but what was weird is my nitrous gauge said zero, but just before that when i opened the bottle up it had 1200psi and then turned on my heater before i got on it to see if everything was working right. so i thought mybe my gauge craped out for some reason. i got on it in second gear and it lit the tires up so at 8k i shifted to 3rd and then the flame out from under my hood. i had a nitrous back fire, after that my nitrous gauge needle is on the other side? i dont know what went wrong everything worked fine before. my question is what could make my car back fire in the intake manifold? i need help i am lost guys! sorry for my bad spelling thanks in advance!

chris
Old 11-15-2005, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ask 1700andropping or phasechangeracing on here they would know more but i have a idea but dont want to post misinformation.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ghostofnyc)

i just got off the phone with the nos tech line and they said my bottle perssure was to high or my fuel shot off to soon and my nitrous seloind stayed open to long dose this sound about right???

chris
Old 11-15-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: (vwhonda2gether)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vwhonda2gether &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just got off the phone with the nos tech line and they said my bottle perssure was to high or my fuel shot off to soon and my nitrous seloind stayed open to long dose this sound about right???

chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

nitrous solenoid staying open sounds like the case to me.. that has never hapoenned to me but i did have my fuel solenoid go out on me once and that just bogged my car out.. good luck tho, hope nothing got fukked up inside.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1200psi is ok so im with bnut510 on this one. did you have the car tuned for n20
Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ghostofnyc)

1200 is where you start getting into dangerous territory.i have spraid
as much as 1350 bottle pressure running a 400 shot direct port.HELL YES IT WAS FUN.

the nitrous caused the back fire.....and in return the flame traveled thru
the intake manifold and igniting what gas fumes were left.this happens on alot of single nozzel set ups.they usually have the dam nozzel down by the head light in the intake pipe.all this does is leave a gas tract that can incenerate your car and you to.this is why i only did this set up one time on a personal set up...although it was the fastest i have ever made a car go 6.94 @106 in an 1/8......THE CAR CAUGHT ON FIRE THE VERY FIRST TIME WE SPRAYD IT.

when you are spraying a big shot w/a single nozzel....go w/a bigger noid...so you can run the bp that you want w/out the noid locking up.ALOT OF PEOPLE TRY TO RUN REALLY BIG SHOTS W/THE LITTLE NOIDS AND THEY WONDER WHY THERE CAR IS BURNT TO A CRISP OR PERHAPS EVEN THEM.

of course we were using the smallest dam noids there were and later changed
to the pro race noids and never had another problem.

harv

Modified by 1700anddroping at 8:05 PM 11/15/2005
Old 11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1700anddroping)

thanks 1700anddropping and everyone, i talked to a few more ppl and i am pretty sure it was caused by to much nitrous psi, so the fuel could not keep up and caused a lean miss fire. thanks again also what size gap in your plugs do you guys normally run?

chris
Old 11-16-2005, 04:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vwhonda2gether &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks 1700anddropping and everyone, i talked to a few more ppl and i am pretty sure it was caused by to much nitrous psi, so the fuel could not keep up and caused a lean miss fire. thanks again also what size gap in your plugs do you guys normally run?

chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

IT WAS THE TUNERS FAULT....NOT THE NITROUS.

nitrous cain't change it's own jets.

harv
Old 11-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1700anddroping)

i was not saying its the nitrous's fault and of course it can not change its jets. but the flow rate the jets are at are 950psi right? from nos. when the bottle presure is way high like 1500 then there is going to be more nitrous pushed from the jets right? the volume did not change meaning the jets. so if i got more coming out of the nitrous jet and the fuel jet being fine for a 75shot it would go lean on the nitrous fuel mixture. if im wrong then tell me how it would not change with a high bottle presure, just trying to get the right info

chris
Old 11-17-2005, 05:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vwhonda2gether &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was not saying its the nitrous's fault and of course it can not change its jets. but the flow rate the jets are at are 950psi right? from nos. when the bottle presure is way high like 1500 then there is going to be more nitrous pushed from the jets right? the volume did not change meaning the jets. so if i got more coming out of the nitrous jet and the fuel jet being fine for a 75shot it would go lean on the nitrous fuel mixture. if im wrong then tell me how it would not change with a high bottle presure, just trying to get the right info

chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

i very seriously doubt you ran 1500 psi.nobody runs that,that i know of.
i have messed w/this stuff since i was a kid.NITROUS did CAUSE your back fire.the flame created from the back fire,caused the fumes that were in the intake pipe to ignite and therefore catching the car on fire.that's why single nozzels are dangerous as hell when trying to go big.

harv

when you have the same jet say 30.and you have to different pressures 950 and 1300.....the only difference is the PRESSURE.IT WILL HIT LIKE A DAM FREIGHT TRAIN w/the 1300 and like well you get the picture.depending on the temp...you may need to up the fuel jet 1 size.