Notices

nitrous button

Old 09-19-2001, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nitrous switch

where do u guyz like to mount ur switch. post pics if u got any thanx.

[Modified by redteg1, 3:28 AM 9/20/2001]
Old 09-19-2001, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: nitrous switch (redteg1)

Just like fast & furious, of course.
Old 09-19-2001, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous switch (dustin)

anybody got pictures of their setup??
Old 09-20-2001, 06:55 AM
New User

i dont have any pics, but one of my boys with a tt supra used that greddy button (that is used with the profec boost controllers) to activate his nitrous..... it looks nice and it straps to the steering wheel..... just a suggestion
Old 09-20-2001, 07:27 AM
New User

Default Re: nitrous switch (dustin)

Just like fast & furious, of course.
LOL! Actually, mine is sort of like that. I have a nitrous works button mounted in the steering wheel to activate mine.
Old 09-20-2001, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous switch (Big James)

I used to use a small handheld switch on the end of a 4 foot cord. Just pulled it out from under the seat and it would easily fit in my hand and still allow me to hold onto the wheel. This way you can activate and shut it off fast wihout ever loosing grip on the wheel. Don't forget the fuel pressure safety switch and the throttle switch.
Old 09-23-2001, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the red covered activation switch in one of the panels on the center console next to the emergency brake. It's a good location as I can casually turn it on without anyone noticing should they pull up next to me.
Old 09-23-2001, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous switch (1994GSRFL)

i am gonna look into putting a nice 55 shot nos on my GSR,,,,from the zex kit

just wondering something

so u activate the NOS by pushin a button..and then push another buttom spray the NOS???

i have heard of some kits that only activate the NOS at full throttle

how does the xez kit work???

any help is great,,
i was gonna go with a turbo,,but im using that money for something else now
so the NOS will have to do for now
mike
Old 09-23-2001, 07:00 PM
New User

Default Re: nitrous switch (Wrath of VTEC)

When I ran a NOS system it was activated my pressing my right horn button once. When I pressed it the second time it was deactivated. This was used with a WOT activation relay among other "safety" devices.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:02 PM

Default Re: nitrous switch (Wrath of VTEC)

the zex kit is "armed" when u hit the switch, it doesnt spray until you go WOT
Old 09-23-2001, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous switch (Jmm0056)

PB,,do u not run NOS anymore??if so y not??
whats the longest u all would spray??

lets say u r racing on the street,,from a stop,,when would u guys spray,,if u were gonna race till maybe 80-100mph???

how bout from about 65 MPH downshift to 3rd,,,when would spray??

mike
Old 09-23-2001, 10:04 PM
New User

Default not for nitrous but....

it'll work. I drilled a hole through the middle and side of the shift **** to route the wire for this momentary switch. I made a custom mount that is screwed into the **** as well. Its for the scramble boost function for an avc-r.

[Modified by Pritos, 11:04 PM 9/23/2001]
Old 09-24-2001, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually just finished up my install...I have a few misc pics durring the installation process...

Go here: http://members7.clubphoto.com/ryan42...ner-45e7.phtml to see the pictures. I have a custom Nitrous "Control Panel" that fits where my stock CD player/pocket were. Im going to take some pictures when I finish off a few more things...I need to finish the custom glovebox panel for my nitrous pressure guage and my msd window switch.

Oh yeah, and btw...just to let you all know, most NITROUS kits in general are activated when you flip the arm switch and hit WOT. The push button switches can be done, very easily in fact, however are strictly for hollywood. I think someone asked about spraying from 80-100...well, on any Honda, you do NOT want to spray in 5th gear. It is a very weak gear, and although I have sprayed on it, I dont suggest it...nothing happens...and you dont want to risk ******* up your tranny. Only spray from gears 2nd-4th...and if you have a strong clutch, maybe 1st...but be prepared for some serious chirping tires if you catch traction.

Any other questions about NITROUS, just ask...but please, please, please...remember, NITROUS OXIDE is not "NOS"..."NOS" is a BRAND NAME...

-ryan
Old 09-24-2001, 11:12 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: nitrous switch (riot)

Riot: NICE use of the JDM radio plate. I also considered using that to mount some my gauges in, but decided to take a different route. It looks great though!
Old 09-24-2001, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous switch (00SilverLS)

did you say JDM radio plate?

-ryan
Old 09-24-2001, 02:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: nitrous switch (riot)

Yeah. I saw it here: http://www.ipsracing.com/jdmhonda.html and it was called a JDM ITR Radio Block Off Plate. Click on that link and scroll down about 1/3 of the way. If you didn't get it as a JDM piece, where did you buy it?
Old 09-24-2001, 05:20 PM
New User

I quit running NOS after i considerd the wear and tear and expenses of filling up the tank after two weekends at the track and on main street.

Iam saving for a nice lil' turbo setup right now, and once i get the engine open and build it a little i will probably be getting either a Zex or Venom kit to help with the turbo lag before 3k and just for a little "insurance" when on the street.

All in all though, I was very happy with my NOS setup. I miss it ever day.
Old 09-24-2001, 05:28 PM
New User

Default Re: nitrous switch (Pb_Foot)

not trying to flame anyone in particular, but we REALLY need to start getting it right here. Fast and Furious got a lot of people calling it the wrong thing.

IT IS NOT NOS.

NOS is a brand of Nitrous Oxide kit.

What you are talking about is N2O.

Yes it is a technicallity, but it is one that needs to be gotten straight.

Old 09-24-2001, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: nitrous switch (spyder)

yea we all know its nos as in the brand name...but anyways...riot wat was your problem with the so called "wear and tear" ?? wat most people don't know is that if u have the right mixture of air/fuel and a sleeved block you should be just fine running the right amount of nitrous shot into the engine. just fine but too many people think nitrous just ruins your engine...yes it does in the wrong hands but when done right it is just fine. correct me if im wrong.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:59 AM
New User

redteg1 I believe you are truely incorrect about your statment. Any performance mod will cause wear and tear on an engine, even a stock engine will eventually have wear and tear. Some mods will effect an engine in different ways. Nitrous if used in the right amount will effectivly create more power. You are also incorrwect about running the right air to fuel mixture and sleeving the block. If you have a stock Civic and you run a 40 shot of nitrous you don't have to have a sleeved block nor do you need to play around with fuel. Even a small 40 shot of nitrous will effect the motor after a long term of use. Example I ran my Toyota Celica on a 40 shot dry manifold NOS kit and I never broke or blew anything, but after 50,000 miles of every weekend track and streetracing use I have seen my motor starting to become weaker.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

running the right amount of nitrous shot into the engine.
yea dummy head. read wat i said. no crap u can have a 40 shot on a stock block and i know it don't affect the air fuel cuz that is not a big enuff shot to screw ur engine right away. of course wit everything even turbo applications u can get wear and tear but EVERYTHING goes over time. im saying for when people use it right away they think their engine goes in one week of nitrous use and related myths about nitrous. don't flame plz.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:25 AM
New User

Hey aren't you the guy that was in the arguement that NO2 was the propper chemical code for nitrous. I don't think you have the knowledge to be calling me a dummy head. Once again, it is N2O not NO2, moron.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=63147

[Modified by EVOCELICA, 4:31 PM 9/26/2001]
Old 09-26-2001, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ah ha!! Actually that is not a JDM piece. I bought it from Honda for $16. It is the stock CX radio plate. I dont know why this site is calling it JDM, but anyways...

I couldn't agree with you all more...NOS is a BRAND NAME, not a chemical. Use N2O, Nitrous, Juice, etc...just don't call it NOS.

Why do you all think Nitrous is bad for a car? Hell...if used correctly with the right componenets...****, your car would run just fine. I am only running a 50 shot dry right now and you know, it runs HARD and STRONG...no probs as of yet. Nitrous is as safe as turbo/sc...you just have to know how to use it.

-ryan
Old 09-26-2001, 07:53 AM
New User

Jdm radio plate? You mean, people will actually pay large amounts of money to not only lose their radio, but to buy something JDM that they could go to ANY car audio store and pick up the same thing for probably less than 7 bucks? I don't get it
Old 09-26-2001, 08:15 AM
New User

Default Re: nitrous switch (VaporTrail)

Nitrous ..... Wow, what a touchy subject. Who would have thought that "Where did you mount your nitrous switch at?" Would have turned into this?

OK, where should I start.

Pritos, I like how you have that mounted, I might have to try that.

Riot, pics look good. Great Job. Oh yeah, and your push button/hollywood theory, I must be Hollywood then, because it works for me. Right in my steering wheel! yeah c'mon!

PB Foot, if you are going to do a nitrous and turbo setup, I would highly recommend not doing it on an RPM switch. The reason being is boost can be unpredictable. Depending on situations, you could be boosted at a different PSI at 3000rpm then normal. What I would recommend is a Hobbs Pressure Switch. This will turn the nitrous of at a preset boost level. This will be safer for you.

F&F did not call it NOS. For the correct F&F term, please see my user title under my name

Spraying in first gear will work, as long as you are moving and have good traction.

Wear and Tear, like evocelica said, ANY mod will casue some form of additional wear and tear on your motor. It is simply a matter of degree. Nitrous, if used sparingly, and correctly, will cause wear and tear, but the degree will not be great. Just make sure you have the proper fuel and ignition settings, and do not get power hungry. It is when people get stupid that they blow up their motor.

John, I could not agree with you more!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nitrous button