Notices

Nice cheap WB setup idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 06:08 AM
egizzle8

Default Nice cheap WB setup idea

First if you got the skills buy a DIY WB kit for 28 shipped from DIY-WB.com. Then since the kit is made to be used with a DVM for the display. Now comes the pimp part. A couple of turbo timers come with built in voltmeter like the Apexi or some Greddy units so you have like your display for your WB unit instead of rocking a multimeter in your car. At first I was thinking of just using a voltmeter gauge but then they don't read low enough to work since there made to work and with 12v setups and the gauges start around 8v's thats outta the picture. Otherwise I may just get a Apexi unit since it has a RPM display and speedometer display. You think that if the timer is reading the voltage on the o2 sensor you could use the o2 sensor option for the WB since your reading the voltage from it anyways with the multimeter? I just thought of it while reading the DIY-WB.com site. For the kit, apexi TT, vx o2 sensor, you should be looking around 150ish if you can find a vx o2 sensor cheap(when I say cheap I mostly mean used ) I also heard that some VW's use wb o2's and can be found cheap at most auto stores. Any suggestions or heard of anyone using this kind of setup? It's better then spending the 3-400 for a wb kit and found someone I know who built one it works fine.