Notices

newbie to TURBO please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default newbie to TURBO please HELP

i have a b20b and it gonna go in a 2000 EK civic (hatch)

i like to know what the best setup i can go for a dailey driven car... i know there is different stages with turbo so im assuming that the difference is bigger turbo ... but i like to know wht brand ya recommend ... for turbo,BOV,internal or external westgate, and intercooler.. i like the upgraded Apexi Intercooler i heard it was design like a Skyline intercooler but fit for a civic ... (could be wrong on info.. please dun flame)

thank you
JDMFreak
Old 11-08-2002, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: newbie to TURBO please HELP (JDMFreak)

i have a b20b and it gonna go in a 2000 EK civic (hatch)

i like to know what the best setup i can go for a dailey driven car... i know there is different stages with turbo so im assuming that the difference is bigger turbo ... but i like to know wht brand ya recommend ... for turbo,BOV,internal or external westgate, and intercooler.. i like the upgraded Apexi Intercooler i heard it was design like a Skyline intercooler but fit for a civic ... (could be wrong on info.. please dun flame)
If you pick up a drag, rev-hard, greddy, those will be fine for daily driving. As long as your are boosting around 7psi or so on stock everything. I wouldn't go higher on the boost if you have stock everything else. The kits will include everythign you need to run 7psi. It will come with bov, intercooler, turbo fmu.. etc. The skyline intercooler is a over kill for a 7psi car. Expect to lose hp from using the skyline intercooler becuae you wont be pushing enough CFM for that intercooler. The standard intercoolers that come with most of these kits are good for 350whp..

HTH

[Modified by ekb18c, 5:58 PM 11/8/2002]
Old 11-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: newbie to TURBO please HELP (ekb18c)

thx for the info
Old 11-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: newbie to TURBO please HELP (ekb18c)

If you pick up a drag, rev-hard, greddy, those will be fine for daily driving. As long as your are boosting around 7psi or so on stock everything. I wouldn't go higher on the boost if you have stock everything else. The kits will include everythign you need to run 7psi. It will come with bov, intercooler, turbo fmu.. etc. The skyline intercooler is a over kill for a 7psi car. Expect to lose hp from using the skyline intercooler becuae you wont be pushing enough CFM for that intercooler. The standard intercoolers that come with most of these kits are good for 350whp..

HTH

[Modified by ekb18c, 5:58 PM 11/8/2002][/QUOTE]

yup what he said is true.
bov=hks or greddy type s
intercooler= any ... since your only boosting 7psi(wussie j/k )
wg=tail (if you need one)
turbo kit for a DAILY DRIVER...um greddy period.