Notices

New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System

AEM is proud to introduce its latest software, Version 1.0, for its stand-alone Plug & Play Engine Management Systems! AEM's Version 1.0 software includes several new features that vastly improve the AEM EMS's ease of use.

New Features of AEM's Version 1.0 software:

SENSOR LIBRARY SET-UP WITH INTEGRATED TUNING WIZARD
Eliminates the set-up tasks common to changing factory sensors. For example, if you want feedback AFR control or boost control that requires upgrading the existing sensors, you now simply choose the sensor you wish to replace from the Sensor Library, and click the Wizard to perform the calibrations necessary to integrate the sensor into your program. This feature delivers one-click configuration for most upgrades by eliminating the multiple tasks associated with this option.

PRE-DEFINED SET-UP SCREENS
Assist in the set-up process by isolating the parameters specific to a given tuning feature. With Version 1.0, when you open the program the screen will default to windows containing the most common tuning features (e.g. spark, fuel, rpm, knock, etc). Once you select the feature you wish to modify, all of the menus associated with this tuning aspect will appear. No more searching for the map you want to tune!

LIVE HELP WINDOW
An integrated live help window ensures that you never get lost in the tuning process by always telling you what function you are performing. The Live Help Window also provides tuning tips specific to the task you are executing.

TRACTION CONTROL
AEM's Traction Control feature utilizes existing factory sensors and requires no additional hardware! This feature is gear dependent and fully mappable.

IMPROVED COMM LINK
AEM's improved communications link ensures reliable communications interface between your PC and the EMS in the harshest environments.

***This Software Upgrade is Currently Available On New Systems Only.***

***An upgrade for AEM EMS systems will be available to existing users via the AEM EMS Forum within 30 days!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:09 PM

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (AEMTECH)

Good Luck with the new version
Old 05-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (TurboDANDEE)

[simpsons realestate guy] BOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA[/simpsons realestate guy]
Old 05-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (TurboDANDEE)

oh boy oh boy, ive been waiting for this
Old 05-09-2003, 03:03 PM

Did you fix the problem of after setting your base timing via the ignition setup function, you have to go back into the options list and go to IgnTooth and make goddamn good and sure IgnTooth#1, #2 are 1 unit apart, and IgnTooth #6 ,7# are also 1 unit apart. If not the timing is totally screwed between cylinder 1-4 and 2-3. Talk about turning your pistons into soup. Ignition timing can be off as much as 12-20 degrees between cyliders. Do you guys ever verify software settings for the really important aspects like triggering and ignition before it ships? I dont think so.

jeff
Old 05-09-2003, 04:03 PM

Is there a demo of the software available?
Old 05-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (InfamousRS)

how does the traction control work, what sensors does it utilize?

If its the ABS then alot of people are **** out of luck...like me.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:27 PM

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (InfamousRS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by InfamousRS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there a demo of the software available?</TD></TR></TABLE>

We usually post the real software for download on our forums rather than just demos. However, in this case we are already shipping new ECU's with 1.00 but don't have it up on the website yet.

This is due to the fact that the upgrade from v0.94 to v1.00 is really huge and is too much for the average user to navigate. Rather than try to get everybody to redo their maps, we are writing an additional feature into AEMPro that will upgrade the users existing maps to v1.00 with literally 1 click. We already have an upgrade feature in the existing AEMPro but it really leaves alot to be desired. Untill we can give our users a viable method of upgrading we decided to keep the software as a CD release only with new systems. That way no upgrading from old versions is necessary.

The new upgrade tool is in beta testing now and looks very good. So far so good. We have a tentative Internet release date of Monday, May 19th.

JR
Old 05-09-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (foozball-26)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foozball-26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how does the traction control work, what sensors does it utilize?

If its the ABS then alot of people are **** out of luck...like me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The traction control will work on every car that we have made an EMS for. No ABS or wiring is required.

The best way to describe the TC is as a "cheater" system. It uses the current gear and acceleration rate to determine if the rate of engine acceleration is plausible or likely caused by wheelspin. It's called a cheater system since in racing series that have banned TC, this is the method of choice for the engine management supplier since it requires no extra wiring and is very hard to detect. In our case, it is very attractive since it does not require any extra wiring or fitting of additional wheelspeed sensors. Now, I'm not saying any prominant engine manufacturer would do such a thing. Nope, I not saying that at all. Not at all. Nope.

Anyway, The user logs maximum vehicle acceleration in each gear and enters it (as a function of RPM) into a table. This is the maximum rate of acceleration that is possible at a given engine RPM and in a specific gear. If the acceleration exceeds this number then it is considered "excess acceleration" and the EMS then does something about it.

Depending on the amount of excess acceleration, the user can choose to either, retard the timing, cut spark, cut fuel or any combination of the three and in any quantity, based on engine RPM and the magnitude of the excess acceleration.

To do this, the ECU must know what gear you are in and most M/T cars don't have a gear position sensor. In the EMS the gear is determined by comparing Engine RPM and wheelspeed to a gear ratio table. This function actually works very well.

A side benefit of this is that now there is a gear dependant shift light table which lets you adjust your shift light based on the current gear.

Modified by JR From AEM at 4:54 AM 5/10/2003
Old 05-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (JR From AEM)

I knew there was a reason why I waited to use the v.94. Hopefully my car will be ready to go by May 19th(ya right hehe ). Keep us all in touch please....
Old 05-09-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh boy oh boy, ive been waiting for this </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what everyone say's about the releases, but theres alway's problems. Never the less I hope it works well. I for one hope to finally see some Honda's, other than Ralphy, make big numbers with the AEM rather than Supra's and DSM's.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:20 PM

word.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (JR From AEM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JR From AEM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A side benefit of this is that now there is a gear dependant shift light table which lets you adjust your shift light based on the current gear.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you now do gear dependant boost control as well?
Old 05-10-2003, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (00SilverLS)

WHOOHOO... I am really excited for this release I'm glad you posted here too, I check this forum more frequently than the EMS board. Thanks
Old 05-10-2003, 03:19 AM

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (00SilverLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00SilverLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can you now do gear dependant boost control as well?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-10-2003, 09:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00SilverLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can you now do gear dependant boost control as well?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. v1.00 only offers 4 ways to do boost:

1. Open Loop Boost (WG Duty based on Throttle and RPM, 357 data points)
OR
2. Closed Loop boost (Target Boost based on Throttle and RPM, 357 data points)
OR
3. Vehicle Speed dependant boost target (Target Boost vs MPH, 21 data points)
OR
4. Boost Target over-ride by a switch in the cockpit (1 point)

Your best bet would be the vehicle speed based target boost.

JR
Old 05-10-2003, 10:19 AM

Well I think this offical makes me want to go with the aem, nice stuff here.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JR From AEM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. v1.00 only offers 4 ways to do boost:

1. Open Loop Boost (WG Duty based on Throttle and RPM, 357 data points)
OR
2. Closed Loop boost (Target Boost based on Throttle and RPM, 357 data points)
OR
3. Vehicle Speed dependant boost target (Target Boost vs MPH, 21 data points)
OR
4. Boost Target over-ride by a switch in the cockpit (1 point)

Your best bet would be the vehicle speed based target boost.

JR</TD></TR></TABLE>

when are youguys going to offer gear dependant boost control??
Old 05-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (turbo Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's what everyone say's about the releases, but theres alway's problems. Never the less I hope it works well. I for one hope to finally see some Honda's, other than Ralphy, make big numbers with the AEM rather than Supra's and DSM's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you will see it soon enough.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (Mase)

Will the top speed issue(~135mph) be resolved w/o the need for workarounds in 1.0? thanks
Old 05-11-2003, 06:08 AM
Banned

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (mskibbz-T)

What is going on with the AEM wideband? Any news on that?
Old 05-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (DR. ON POINT)

the numbers were released i think its about 400 with everything and it uses the LSU sensors. Dont hold me to it though, best bet is to check the forums.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:46 AM

aemtech i was wondering about tuning for boost with the ems..does it act in a way like the hondata does...where you tune certain boost points(i think hondata is 4, 8, 12, 16, 21, 28psi) and the ems or in that case hondata..calculates everything between those points??or do you need to tune for every psi individually??1,2,3,4.....
Old 05-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (GOLDBERG)

I assume your refering to the Fuel Map. Your boost pressure/RPM tuning points are totally customizeable. The load side of the graph has 17 points, the RPM side has 21 points. You can change all of those units to any reference point you need. For example, if you're only boosting up 6psi, you can set the maximum boost point to 6, and them minimum to -13 (or whatever) and have 17 points of value in the load side of the graph. And yes, you can use the calculate function to average the numbers in between.

Bottoz

Modified by Bottoz at 8:37 AM 5/12/2003
Old 05-12-2003, 10:06 AM

Default Re: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System (GOLDBERG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When are you guys going to offer gear dependant boost control??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't say that we will. Right now it's not on the list. We are trying to simplify things...

Modified by JR From AEM at 7:45 PM 5/12/2003

Quick Reply: New Version 1.0 Software for AEM Engine Management System