Notices

New to FI

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to FI

Well as the title says, I am new to FI, hell I am pretty new to all of this. About a year ago I purchased a '00 civic EX and just recently dicided to go turbo with it. I have quite a bit to learn so I will be trying to spend as much time as reading through all the forums and asking questions to learn as much as possible.

I guess I will start off with a couple questions now. First of all i just aquired a Y7 block and a Z6 head. The owner of the company I work for also owns MadCap Motor Sports (local company) and has offered for his shop to PnP my head and do some block work. They don't really do too much work with imports, but all the work is being done for free, so I figured ok what the hell. My question for all of you is, what do you recommend I have them do to the head and block?

Since I had the $ and before I wasted it on something else, I purchased a Greddy turbo kit and AEM EMS, and a few other small things. I plan on purchasing a turbo cam, cam gear, and most likely some good pistons and rods.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:05 AM

Default Re: New to FI (Alex2000)

anybody?
Old 11-30-2003, 09:01 AM

Default Re: New to FI (Alex2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alex2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The owner of the company I work for also owns MadCap Motor Sports (local company) and has offered for his shop to PnP my head and do some block work. They don't really do too much work with imports, but all the work is being done for free, so I figured ok what the hell. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No headwork is better than free but bad headwork. If they don't have a history of consistently good results doing import-related port & polish/headwork, I would pass on the offer.

Just a suggestion,

Ryan P&gt;
Old 11-30-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: New to FI (SJP0tato)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SJP0tato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No headwork is better than free but bad headwork. If they don't have a history of consistently good results doing import-related port & polish/headwork, I would pass on the offer.

Just a suggestion,

Ryan P&gt;</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately find out more info before you go giving your head to just anybody.

it depends how deep your pocket is for the rest of the work......
Old 11-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New to FI (patdemps)

A key thing to always remember is that headwork can either break you or make you. I would becareful before you send it off to them. If you do decide to let them touch your head...let the machine shop flow test it to see if everything seems capice and get that car on the dyno to see the results.

Khoi
Old 11-30-2003, 11:13 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: New to FI (Sohc Driver)

sell the greddy kit, your stock engine could handle all the power that turbo can make..
Old 11-30-2003, 04:22 PM

I talked to the shop today and he said he will be using a flow bench in the process. The owner of the company races pro-stock, so I am confident in there work. I do not know if I should should just have them clean up the ports and maybe port match to IM. The head and the block were free , so I am not that concerend about it. If I would have put money into these two things then I would be a little concerend. Maybe I will just have him clean up the ports and port match to my IM. Any suggestion are welcome.

If I sell the Greddy kit, then what kit do you all recommend?