Notices

New b series manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tubular b series manifold

Hey guys. Here is a link to some pictures of a manifold we are building. If anyone is interested let me know. The price will be a little higher than most cast manifolds. The first few we can sell at $650

http://groups.msn.com/overblownmotorsports/shoebox.msnw

[Modified by Overblown-Teg, 6:17 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by Overblown-Teg, 6:19 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by Overblown-Teg, 7:52 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by Overblown-Teg, 8:09 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by Overblown-Teg, 8:11 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (Overblown-Teg)

those look like a header you would see on a ford focus, id like to see some dyno numbers before i would consider switching.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (00si5)

A focus?? What kind of dyno numbers would you like to see? The car its going on will be finished soon and I can post those up. I should also have more pictures after this weekend of the downpipe and wastegate mounting.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:12 PM

i would just like to see numbers in comparison to lets say a drag3 log manifold, and a sfp tubular manifold.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (00si5)

nice, looks like the full-race and kooks manifolds...what material and what thickness? any kind of warranty against cracking?

I would also like to see some flow charts, but against teh full-race EL manifold, now that geoff has his numbers up.

where will the WG be placed?

[Modified by paul_vang, 1:15 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by paul_vang, 1:16 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (paul_vang)

Paul, its schedule 40 pipe. I think that is 8 guage, 304 stainless steel. I havn't really thought about the warranty at all but I will figure something out. It should never crack so its not much of a concern. As Geoff was quick to point out to me it is similar to the one they make. I am working on the wastegate and down pipe this weekend. I will get some pictures of that so everyone can see.

I don't think I will be getting a full race to compare flow with. Its the same size pipe and I'm sure it will support more power than anyone here is going to be making.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (FFgeoff)

theres always someone trying to copy you geoff its all good though it helps spur you on to make better and better products..
Old 12-12-2002, 12:59 PM

Looks Good!

best of luck with your venture.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (b18bturbo)

or this

[Modified by FFgeoff, 6:31 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 01:11 PM

exactly, the industry as a whole is driven by competition. nothing wrong with offering a slightly lesser product at a lesser cost.

i guess people could make the same argument of geoff's manifolds looking exactly like the kooks which of course came first.

anyhow, good luck with the manifold above.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:11 PM

holy **** that looks good
Old 12-12-2002, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FFgeoff those look awesome!
Old 12-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Everybody has to learn somewhere man...your work looks good but everytime somebody posts something about welding here they're copying you and their wleding sucks. It gets old man! Just let sleeping dogs lie. I'm sure most people can tell if somebody is copying somebody else's product, and if they don't want to buy one or the other they don't have to. Sooner or later there are bound to be people making near identical ones to yours without ever seeing yours - there's only so many ways to make these things.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (FredoSP)

Geoff No one is saying that your manifolds look bad or perform poorly.. I didn't copy your design or try to copy your design. Just because I used the same type of material as you and that is how it works out doesn't mean I copied you. so how much is that new manifold your showing? Most people can't afford a $1200 manifold. I'll admit we are just starting out, sure my welds might not be the prettiest. They will hold though. It will flow great, It will make good power. And its going to do it for a fraction of your price.

So how long have you been welding for? Do you even weld your own parts? I'm not really sure why you feel the need to bash every other part that comes along, I doubt that your first manifold looks like the one above. Some day mine will look that good and who knows maybe then I will want to rape everyone for my parts also. In the mean time there is no need act like you do.. Atleast pretend to be mature about it.

Old 12-12-2002, 02:07 PM

http://www.extrememachinesperformance.com/manb16.html

hmm.. looks alot like this
Old 12-12-2002, 02:09 PM

i just think it would be nice to see some other designs - not copies of ones we already have - no matter how cheap they are

its a decent start - but try designing something different - put the turbo in a new location - make the runners go in a different direction - if i had the time and the patience (or the welding skills) id mess with it - but i dont - and i leave it to the pros

but i just wouldnt try to copy what has already been done and perfected...

btw - geoff that new manifold looks really nice
Old 12-12-2002, 02:14 PM

I still need an equal length that'll work with A/C. I'm sure you don't care. Though, a lot of people are interested in such manifolds, and no one makes one cheap or "crack proof". That's a market geoff hasn't touched for his own reasons. He still has the best Manifolds I've ever seen though. You need to practice welding curves & bends to come close to his quality.

I just noticed that it looked like you rushed it. You know doing it all at once.
If just started out making them do one weld at a time with a little space of time between so you don't get overheated or frustrated with how the filler is flowing. That way your also fresher when you go back to it. Slowly pick up the pace, but don't think you have to get it done as fast as possible because you'll rush the bead and your welds will look really thin and the filler will seem like it stretched. Not trying to patronize. These are the things that my friend taught me. I think they worked when I welded up my tube chassis. I actually enjoyed breaking out the welders

[Modified by tzsir, 5:23 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by tzsir, 5:24 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 02:22 PM

i would say its fairly similar as he attempted (poorly so) to copy my design as have others in the past <coughcough cheapturbo> but once again the coat hanger and 12v battery welding technique is not fit for merge collectors!

I'll laugh when his manifold dynos higher than your's.

Geoff No one is saying that your manifolds look bad or perform poorly.. I didn't copy your design or try to copy your design. Just because I used the same type of material as you and that is how it works out doesn't mean I copied you. so how much is that new manifold your showing? Most people can't afford a $1200 manifold. I'll admit we are just starting out, sure my welds might not be the prettiest. They will hold though. It will flow great, It will make good power. And its going to do it for a fraction of your price.
So how long have you been welding for? Do you even weld your own parts? I'm not really sure why you feel the need to bash every other part that comes along, I doubt that your first manifold looks like the one above. Some day mine will look that good and who knows maybe then I will want to rape everyone for my parts also. In the mean time there is no need act like you do.. Atleast pretend to be mature about it
OWNED!!

FFgeoff

[Modified by Jiz101, 11:23 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (Jiz101)

An equal-length that'll fit A/C (even if A/C modification is a must) would be the best way to compete with Geoff. For some reason I don't think Geoff can handle that task. He's a good welder, but not a good engineer. No offense intended. That's just how I see it. Maybe he just needs someone to pen him one. I know a few people that can do it for you. If you want we could pen one.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:36 PM

how is ffgeoff "owned?"

his manifolds are better quality
he makes a lot of money off them
and he has a waiting list of people who want his manifolds

[Modified by sutrusu, 11:37 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 02:42 PM

yeah... those aren't copys geoff, and i bet a week after geoff releases the H series manifold this tool will all the sudden have a NEW ORIGINAL H series manifold that looks exactly like yours but wasn't copied...

and for the clown jiz, you really should shut up

oh btw... those aren't mugens on my civic, they are rotas, they just happened to end up looking the same... but they're not copys!!!

i like this guy... i think they're like 8 guage?? i think i point the torch towards here to weld, give me a few more weeks with my welding for dummys book and then my manifolds will be the BEST MOST ORIGINAL COPYS EVAR@!!

[Modified by FFgaeson, 4:44 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 02:46 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (FFgaeson)

I think this is the "made in taiwan" version of geoff's mani.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (sutrusu)

how is ffgeoff "owned?"

his manifolds are better quality
he makes a lot of money off them
and he has a waiting list of people who want his manifolds

[Modified by sutrusu, 11:37 PM 12/12/2002]
I am not saying his manifolds got owned, they look very nice and actually better than fullblown's. But the fact that fullblown put it right in his face how he didn't copy him just because he used the same materials made me think "that dick just got himself owned".

FFGeoff- Your manifolds look very nice and I am sure they perform well, but just because someone tries to make their own that might resemble your's doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Tubular b series manifold (FFgaeson)

and for the clown jiz, you really should shut up

Oh really?? and why is that, because I am not part of the Fast and the Furious (FFgaeson..or is that gayson, and FFgeofff) ricer club? And I am sure you will come back with a gay response like "FF doesnt stand for the fast and the furious you clown jiz, my buddy's manifolds are the greatest ever and nothing in the world could possibly beat them, blah blah blah"

shut up
Old 12-12-2002, 03:22 PM

wow gayson, that's very clever... nope, not gonna sit here and flame on as you are. i think it's funny you fail to see how similiar the two manifolds are,e specially when geoff showed a completely different design, just goes to show you theres a bunch of different ways to make manifolds and your friend comes up with the same layout... and i really dont care about his manifolds or geoffs manifolds, i dont even own a honda, i just happen to be a friend of geoffs and you're pretty gay with your "he got owned when he put it in geoffs face" this is the internet dood...

Quick Reply: New b series manifold