Notices

Neptune RTP Board

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neptune RTP Board

How many people are using it and any issues?
Old 08-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (Turbocivic94)

I didn't know it was out?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't know it was out? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know if anyone else besides me, u and chris got the pre-released version
Old 08-19-2006, 11:29 AM

NEED TO HURRY! hahaha...im about Cromed out! want to try something new...
Old 08-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know if anyone else besides me, u and chris got the pre-released version </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (iBrandon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iBrandon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NEED TO HURRY! hahaha...im about Cromed out! want to try something new...</TD></TR></TABLE>

RTP is definetly the way to go. Bluetooth is awsome

I wish more people had it.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

RTP is definetly the way to go. Bluetooth is awsome

I wish more people had it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So they already have the bluetooth option, NICE!! I thought that was something that was going to be an add on released afterwards. By any chance is anyone using it for a Mac? I know HRTuning said they were going to have software for mac. I have a Macbook, so I can boot into windows if I want, but the only reason I have windows on there is for when I tune my car, but if Neptune software is working flawlessly in OS X, then I'll ditch my Windows partition!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (nebulight)

Bluetooth option is available. You have to buy the option with rtp board. Its very cheap option in my opinion. I have the bluetooth option in my RTP. Bluetooth is already built into the software but you have the buy the bluetooth module for it to work. Neptune works flawlessly in windows and I dont see why it wouldnt work flawlessly with Mac. Neptune does support Mac. I think it should even work better with mac.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup there is Mac software. I have not used it though.

Wait.... hold up! So the RTP has been released?!?! How do I get one?
Old 08-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

we need ONBOARD DATALOGGING!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (tepid1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup there is Mac software. I have not used it though.

Wait.... hold up! So the RTP has been released?!?! How do I get one? </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 08-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BLKTeg94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLKTeg94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we need ONBOARD DATALOGGING!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got bluetooth, who needs onboard datalogging
Old 08-19-2006, 03:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

still waiting for the mail from the guys over evans-tuning or HRtuning about the official release.. im mailing them every month about it etc.. need to have it .. :D
Old 08-19-2006, 07:09 PM

I have it and it is fabulous!

Works perfectly with USB and BT!
Old 08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one too. I haven't actually messed around with it, but I drive the car daily and it works fine. I think you'll find a better response on the Neptune forums, since all the users should be there, right?
Old 08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (808 DB8)

Hmm, interesting, didnt knew it was being sold already?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone explain how bluetooth is incorporated into neptune? whats so great about RTP..etc??
Old 08-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know Kelly just got one of the pre-release RTP boards for his turbo single cam. I can't wait to check it out. Probably next week when his car gets put back together. I've just bought and installed Neptune without the board on my turbo GSR, when RTP is officially out I'm gonna buy it too...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm, interesting, didnt knew it was being sold already? </TD></TR></TABLE>

It is available for current NepTune users.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can someone explain how bluetooth is incorporated into neptune? whats so great about RTP..etc??</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is an add-on module that allows wireless (bluetooth) communication between the computer and the RTP board. If you don't know what is so great about RTP then you don't need it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondoctors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know Kelly just got one of the pre-release RTP boards for his turbo single cam. I can't wait to check it out. Probably next week when his car gets put back together. I've just bought and installed Neptune without the board on my turbo GSR, when RTP is officially out I'm gonna buy it too...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well unless Kelly breaks the NDA that he signed then you will not be able to see it or use it. He is under a contract just like everyone else that forbids him from allowing others to see it until the official release.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (tepid1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well unless Kelly breaks the NDA that he signed then you will not be able to see it or use it. He is under a contract just like everyone else that forbids him from allowing others to see it until the official release.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, only owner of RTP board and Neptune dealers are allowed to use it.

Only thing I wish there were more Neptune dealers around New England area.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had mine over a month now, zero issues thus far.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (B18CXr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CXr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have had mine over a month now, zero issues thus far.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its great system, I love mine
Old 08-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (B18CXr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CXr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have had mine over a month now, zero issues thus far.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, if everyone and his mom seems to be testing this, and most have done so for over a month - some for several - what the hell is the hold up? I know DIY'ers that have been able to get stuff mass-produced in china quicker & cheaper, is it because they're impossing that only one guy in his backyard has to assemble them all by hand?

Seriously, they just should have said jack about it. Vaporware is worse than a shitty, incomplete product rushed out the door to be shoved up your ***, honest to god.

When if finally *does* get released, maybe they'll also understand that they should expand the tuner list to include RTP-only tuners and such. I know many people up here who give two ***** about neptune because eastern wisconsin is for some reason on their shitlist.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So, if everyone and his mom seems to be testing this, and most have done so for over a month - some for several - what the hell is the hold up? I know DIY'ers that have been able to get stuff mass-produced in china quicker & cheaper, is it because they're impossing that only one guy in his backyard has to assemble them all by hand?

Seriously, they just should have said jack about it. Vaporware is worse than a shitty, incomplete product rushed out the door to be shoved up your ***, honest to god.

When if finally *does* get released, maybe they'll also understand that they should expand the tuner list to include RTP-only tuners and such. I know many people up here who give two ***** about neptune because eastern wisconsin is for some reason on their shitlist.</TD></TR></TABLE>

James, the creator of NepTune, wants to know that his product is 100% before it ends up in your hands. That is better than releasing a product that has not been fully tested in all the elements.

You, sir, just seem to be pissed off because you don't have access to it and others do. There is no need to be sour about it. A good thing is being done here and you just can't seem to see it.

The purpose of the RTP is so that you can do it yourself and take it to a tuner of your choice if you want to. So what is it that you don't understand? Is it anyone elses fault becides your own that you live out in west-bumfuck and can't get support? maybe we can get a tuner to move in right next door to you.... would you like that instead? I'll tell you what.... I even pay for it.... just so that I don't have to hear you and people like you cry over this.

Get over it!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP Board (HiProfile)

James does not want to put product out unless its perfect. These are not mass produced units, he wants control over production so there are not any errors.

I've been using RTP board over a month and it works great. feature are just nuts

James customer service is beyond what u can ask for. He is all about adding features that might help the end users. I've asked him million questions and he always responded with in couple of hours.

Quick Reply: Neptune RTP Board