Notices

Need To VENT AGGGHHHH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need To VENT AGGGHHHH!!!

Ok, last wendsday my Drag III kit came for my LS equipped 88 CRX. It felt like christmas as I was digging through all my new toys....early saturday morning i woke to merrily begin my install.....or so I thought. I nose my hybrid into my garage and commence to removing the bumper and header, so the I can check my clearance/fittment for my turbo. Well the turbo won't fit past the radiator, so I remove the radiator, bolt the turbo/manifold on and reinstall the radiator, ok so i've got about 1/4" clearance between my compressor housing and the rad.......

I figure "mmmm maybe it'll be ok"......not. Now the DP won't clear..... off come the rad again as well as the front x-member. I procede to beat a curved indention in to the x-member with a 5lb sledge hammer........after 30 minutes of pounding and testing fitting I got the DP to clear by about 1/2"......

I figure OK, lets try out the I/C piping.......boy was I wrong seems i've got the piping for an LS and it doens't fit period.........so to get the I/C piping to clear the rad, i've had to manicaly re-form bottom mounting rail for the rad so that it shifts forward about 2", now the rad sits like this /........Plus i'm gonna have to cut and weld like crazy to get the rest of the piping in there.........then there is the infamous Tial wastegate clearance.......cut out a section of hood webbing with a die grinder........plus the oil feed -AN elbow that goes into the turbo is the wrong size for the SS line........plus the oil return line is pure-T ***, guess i'll be coughing up some $$ for SS........

ugh thanx for letting me vent, I was so disgusted after I got done Saturday that I didn't even touch it sunday, I just lounged around and played video games all day.........

[Modified by Speed PHreak, 4:37 PM 11/5/2001]
Old 11-05-2001, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need To VENT AGGGHHHH!!! (Speed PHreak)

I was going to get a kit for my CRX too. After doing research I figured nothing out there was going to fit from a kit. Went to get a custom job done. LOTS of cutting. My turbo is about 1/2" from the radiator, no biggie.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need To VENT AGGGHHHH!!! (Doodoo)

arrrrrrgggggggg, hopefully I can get the I/C piping knocked out tonight, maybe the oil pan and DP/dupetube sytem setup..........ugh