Notices

Need someone for help & guidance

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need someone for help & guidance

Hey all,

I'm new to the boards, but I am not a newbie in any sense, just maybe compared to Honda's I am. I was a mechanic for a little over 10 years of my life so I had worked on Honda's here and there, done a couple headgaskets, timing belts and WP's. I got in to the performance & turbo aspect a couple years ago when I picked up my first car (saved from the JY) which is an 88 thunderbird 4cyl turbo. The more I read, researched and learned, the more I got into it. Now that car has basically turned into my race car, and I've spent as much spare time over the last couple years learning about tuning turbo's, airflow & engine capabilities etc

Since I'm one of the few younger guys in the area that knows a lot about turbo's & tuning, I am starting to get a few people to come to me for work, and this is all stuff I just do on the side.

Now the reason for my joining and posting is because my partner had a guy call him about getting his Civic Turbo'd. Supposedley it is a 99 Civic, with some sort of built DOHC 1.6, JZ69 motor? He briefly explainded everything to my partner over the phone, but we are meeting with him Tuesday to get all the specifics on his engine & what he wants done. He claimed his motor was built for a Turbo App, and he wants to run 20psi, but until I find out exactly what he has, I do not know what we will be able to do for him yet, without touching his motor... So Tuesday I am trying to find out from him as much as i can about his motor and what company built it so I can talk to them too.

I was wondering if there is anyone that wouldnt mind mentoring me in this Honda Engine area since I am new, and helping try to steer in the right direction once I get the deal from this guy

Thanks before hand,
Bob