Notices

need opions please

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions please

ok i know this is off subject but its how i got my turbo:

i traded a buddy of mine my b20 short block with wiseco 11.3:1 pistons and eagle rods + $250 for a T3 turbonetics setup. ( turbo, piping, bent innercooler, turbo prepped oil pan, ls block (i had to rebuild). all i really had to come outta pocket for was the supply and return lines and fittings.

we traded like 2 weeks ago keep this in mind. the day went took my engine out it was running. and running very well at that. a month prior to all of this i dynoed at 190whp and 150ftlbs and consitant 13.30s @ 103mph. so in other words i felt my engine was in good shape and runnin pretty strong considering i had a jun3 int and b16 exh camm makin that kinda power. i had no intentions of taking the engine out any time soon. so another friend came be the middle to insure both us it was a AS IS deal once the deal was made. no bitch or complaining.

so any how the original plan was to just put his head on the block and stick it in. they took it apart the same day we took it out. they discoverd the bearing should be replaced. no big deal beacause i had to rebuild the ls. yesterday he calls demanding a new block because the sleeve is cracked. they took the engine apart 2 weeks ago and barely telling me now? so im like "ok". i already put in mad hours on my car. if that turbo started smokin and **** when i finished i would be pissed too but i would bite the bullet because everytime you buy or trade used you are takin a risk. if i knew my **** was in that kinda condition i wouldn't have traded. but im in a tight position now and can really use opinions.

what you guys do? thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Re: need opinions please (B20vtec81)

As is is as is.. If you knew the block was bad before you sold it that would be another story.. But you had an agreement that the transaction was as is so thats the way it should be..

If the block was fine and your turbo started smoking and locked up do you think he would give you a new one..
Old 07-02-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: need opinions please (tgreaves)

hell he wouldn't. even if he had the money. if the the turbo didn't work that would have been my problem anyways. i would have told him but i would not ask for new one. i would just buy a another one because it was a as is deal. ya know?

and i think even i did hook him up it wouldn't help our friendship. so i really wanna just say **** it.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:42 PM
95GSRTT

friendly strip club is the only solution.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: need opinions please (95GSRTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GSRTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">friendly strip club is the only solution.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Worked for me a few times.. Take your friend out and get him some beers at the tittie bar and everything will be good..
Old 07-02-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: need opinions please (tgreaves)

it would be nice if it was that easy. haha

but i guess i'll just help him. i found a bare b20 block for 200 shipped (fresh sleeves) we are gonna go half on it. to save a friendship i hope.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would tell him as is , think if the tables where turnd? who wanted to trade btw? not like it maders just cerious,
Old 07-02-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: need opinions please (B18C1CYA)

it was mutual. i was almost done building that allmotor setup and he couldn't afford to do the turbo setup so we traded. but i got many opinions because i don't wanna feel that i fucked him and everybody said said as is, is as is. i feel alot of friction even after i told i'll go half on a block i found for 200 and he still actin hella shady. so im gonna leave the situation as is like deal was supposed to be. how ever he wants to handle the situation is fine with me. im done stressin on this ****. thanks for your opinions. i don't **** people. so now i can enjoy myself without a thought in the back my head thinkin i played a friend. thanks fellas.