Notices

need opinion

Old 11-09-2006, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinion

someone say :
but u have to illustrate to these guys that that 10 psi is over the 0.8~0.9 bar of your engine..
under normal running operations, naturally Aspirated engine, the normal boost is between 0.8~0.9 bar = 10~13 psi, that means if u added boost, add the normal boost to the forced boost, which means if u running 10 psi boost of t/c, that means u runnin in total about 20~23 psi, which is about 1.3~1.5 bar, every increase of 1 psi, should be modified in the fuel system to deliver more fuel, cos of the more air entering..

IS THAT RIGHT ?

I TOLD HIM THAT IS WRONG INFO IS NOT ?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need opinion (hany)

Whatever was just trying to be said makes no sence at all.

Is the person you are quoting trying to say that an NA motor makes positive manifold pressure, and if adding boost it will increase that boost even more?

If so there is no NA motor that makes positive manifold pressure with the exception of tests done on certain race engines but thats a different story. more info on that here- https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1804617

The person making this quote is either a complete idiot or you misinterprated what he was saying.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 PM

wow i agree i think i know what you are saying

are you talking about the relation between piston compression and the relation of compression a boosted application inforces into the block?

Old 11-09-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allow me to translate.

His friends don't understand what the term "boost" implies. They are mistaking boost for absolute pressure.

So, to the question, yes and no. Your friends are correct that a N/A engine will make about 0.8-0.9 bar of absolute pressure when running, because most non-racing N/A engines make VE's (volumetric efficiency) in the 0.8-0.9 range. They are also correct that a car with a turbo making 10 psi of boost will then be experiencing about 25 psi of absolute pressure. This is how the MAP sensor is advertised.

Your friends are also correct that for every pound of boost you need to add more fuel.

However, your friends are mistaking the term "boost" for absolute pressure. "Boost" is gauge pressure, as measured at the manifold of a forced induction engine.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: need opinion (beepy)

thats what i was trying to say but couldnt really get what he was saying lol, good sum up
Old 11-10-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: need opinion (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Allow me to translate.

His friends don't understand what the term "boost" implies. They are mistaking boost for absolute pressure.

So, to the question, yes and no. Your friends are correct that a N/A engine will make about 0.8-0.9 bar of absolute pressure when running, because most non-racing N/A engines make VE's (volumetric efficiency) in the 0.8-0.9 range. They are also correct that a car with a turbo making 10 psi of boost will then be experiencing about 25 psi of absolute pressure. This is how the MAP sensor is advertised.

yess i get it now. tham mean boost has more than definition. and he use the one which we ignore in calculate the turbo boost

thanks alot for rich info
Your friends are also correct that for every pound of boost you need to add more fuel.

However, your friends are mistaking the term "boost" for absolute pressure. "Boost" is gauge pressure, as measured at the manifold of a forced induction engine. </TD></TR></TABLE>