Notices

Need help with Turbo kit Installation!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Turbo kit Installation!!!

Heres the situation...friend of mine had a greddy sohc turbo kit for $650...I have a 96 civic with an LS swap...His kit includes D series Manifold, Turbo, Downpipe, Piping, BOV, and Trust Intercooler..He told me the turbo has an INTERNAL WASTEGATE..Whats the difference Between INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL Wastegate?...Also I was planning on buying a B series Manifold and bolting it up with the kit...If i buy this manifold will everything work..He said he will include some lines and stuff...What do you think..let me know if its work it..Also will the Downpipe work with the B series manifold?...Thanks alot

Old 10-20-2002, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Need help with Turbo kit Installation!!! (B18PoweredCivic)

internal wastegate doesn't require the use of a deltagate/tial. in lamens terms, "the thing that stops it from boosting too high is built into the turbo itself."
supossedly you can drill out the D series manifold for your engine... but if you got a manifold that bolted up to your turbo, and didnt have a port for an external wg, it will work. the piping will probably be different though. it's not going to bolt right up... expect some problems. but $650 is a STEAL so dont pass it up!!
Old 10-20-2002, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Need help with Turbo kit Installation!!! (B18PoweredCivic)

you may have problems with the dp mounting to the turbo when you buy a new maniflold. you may need to cut off the flange, rotate it, then reweld it so everything fits. if you want to keep the internal gated turbo, then you need a manifold that doest not have a wg flange on it, or if you get a mani with a wg flange, just get a 1/4 inch plate of steel, drill 2 holes in it and cover the extisting wg flange on the mani.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Need help with Turbo kit Installation!!! (4got10)

ok....i have a sohc kit on my rex wiht a LS and the manifold needs to be ported, ports and bolt holes...... and the turbo wont bolt up to a b series manifold...... the d series turbo is a 15g while the b series is a 18g, different flanges and all the other stuff will bolt up to the 15g just fine, such as dp and piping and thats a great deal especially with the intercooler.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help with Turbo kit Installation!!! (sutrusu)

in lamens terms
Do you mean laymen's terms?

I'm sure things will have to be modified...I have a D-series manny on my d16z6, however, I bought it from someone that had it on a b-series