Notices

need help with my nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my nitrous setup

i've been searching threw the forums to gather info. i havent really found the answer i've been looking for. i want to run nitrous but only like a 50 shot or so. my car just has the basic i/h/e. i just bought a direct port NX system. after reading some topics i think i might have bought the wrong system. can anybody help me out as to what kit i should get juss to run a 50 shot with not really any major mods.
should i get a dry kit or stick with my kit. the system will prolly go on a LS motor.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with my nitrous setup (AznInvasion)

hey bud,
theres two ways u can keep ur kit n run it at as a 50 shot.
1) once u tap ur fuel line w/ the T, place a adjustable fuel pressure regulator before the fuel solenoid and set somewhere about 9psi pressure. put the 100 shot jets in and that will give u a 50 shot. this is according to nx , not some crazy idea of mine

2) get rid of dist blocks, run one fogger into the intake pipe, connect hardline w/ fitting into the solenoid then to the nozzle...bamn, single fogger, get the 50 shot jets n rock n roll. sell the rest of ur nozzles and dist blocks on ebay.

did this help? roby
Old 02-25-2003, 06:43 AM

Default Re: need help with my nitrous setup (rOby)

all you need to do is get singel nozzel for a dry kit. zex sells them with 2 jets for $27 and run your nitrous line to that and boost your fuel through your stock injectors with a fuel pressure regulator. and your good to go. let us know how it goes. P.S. you can buy the nozzels and FPR with the money you make from selling the foggers and fuel solinoid.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:10 AM
New User

Like r0by said, tap your intake tubing to accept a fogger nozzle(place it 6" or more from the TB) and run stainless steel braided line from the nitrous noid and fuel noid to the fogger nozzle.
Ditching the fuel noid and running straight nitrous with jacked up fuel pressure is one of the ghetto ways to do it. You'll run rich off the bottle and run half-assed on the bottle. With a wet kit you can directly manipulate your power figures and AF ratio with different jetting combinations. Wet is simply the best way to go.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with my nitrous setup (laughinxxx)

so by doing this i will have a wet kit? cuz i was juss thinking about buying a NX shark nozzle but if i get that what would i be running dry or wet?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:21 PM
New User

If you get a shark nozzle you'll be running wet.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with my nitrous setup (laughinxxx)

thanx for the replies. i been searching all over the forum and i been reading that the zex dry kit is just fine for a 50 shot and easy to install. i was thinking of selling my NX to buy the zex. i was wondering would the install of the NX be as easy as the Zex?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would stick with nx. zex is a simple system but it is a dry kit. with the nx kit you'll feel a lot more power than the zex. my friend had both and he liked the nx wet kit alot more.