Notices

Need help with fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with fuel pump

Im sure this will sound dumb to some but my head is spinning right now, so i figured i would ask you bunch. I bought a drag 3 kit for my 99 se teg. It came with a fuel pump thats good up to 125psi. My mechanic said that to install it properly (just below my tank), would cost as much as it would for a pump thats good up to 1 bar, thats a direct fit for my stock one. I know that its better to have the pump push the fuel rather than suck it, but it seems that a lot of people have in-line pumps, in their engine bay. Which is better? I don't want to spend more money since i just paided to rebuild my bottom end. And i need this pump put in, i can't run more than 7psi (right now) with out feeling the car lagging since theirs not enough fuel. I want to set this car up to run 1 bar daily. My bottom end is "bullet proof", as my mechanic keeps refering to it . I still have stock injectors which he tells me that i don't need to replace yet. Oh yeah, the car hasn't been tuned yet either. Sorry for the rambeling, but i could realy use some help with this. Thanx. P.S. I don't know what kind of pump it tis!
Old 11-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help with fuel pump (turbo se)

definatly should have done some research before posting. What fuel managment are you running? I am assuming a rising rate FMU, if you have stock injectors. You should consider other types of managment, like a SMC and some big injectors. Also the kind of pump is very important. Do you have a intank pump or a inline pump, and what brand..this may be impportant because of fitment issues.

-Dustin
Old 11-23-2002, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Need help with fuel pump (Autocratic_1st_Gen)

Im running an fmu 12:1, also the pump is an inline, but i don't know the name. All the kit says is thats its a high volume pump. My main concern is which is better, intank or inline? Im going to upgrade the injectors but not sure what size. Like i said im going to run 1 bar daily.