Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In my project , I meet some problems

Hi ..

Now , I have B16A head + B18B Block + Y80 Gear with LSD
for my turbo project ..

500 hp in street racing , But I want my project to carry 700 hp , for drag racing in the future ..

_ About CP Piston , what should I choose for compression size ?
because I show usually projects use compression between 9.2 - 9.6
and I will use Ls/vtec conversion Golde Eagle Head Gasket

_ What kind of H-beam rods I use , manely or K1 ?

_ My friend said , make porting and polishing for my head , because that will help you to get high power by low boost , True ?

_ I will use Valvesprings & Retainers , but choose Feerea or Supertic ?
and what about change valves from Feerea or Supertic same the size of oem ? I think that will help me in speed of RPM

_ For Bottom and Top Gasicket kit , use Cometic or oem ?

_ throttle body , 70 size is best ? and what is the different between kinds of throttle body , I show price just different .. I will use Edelbrock Victor X Intake Manifold ..

Thank you very much ..
Old 08-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: In my project , I meet some problems

I'm not high hp builder but off the top I'd prob use an oem headgasket not golden eagle gaskets. 9:1 not much higher for that goal. S300 and id1000 or so needed maybe 2000 lol gl
Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Golden eagle uses oem gaskets that they laser cut for larger bores. Nothing wrong with them

Porting and polishing the head will yield results but have a professional do it. You can remove too much material and make the port too big. Big ports are lazy ports. Theres a fine line on how much to remove and how to profile the port

I'd go manley rods, cp pistons are fine but try to stay 10:1-10.5:1. You'll gain some efficiency and make more power and torque

700hp will definitely require a sleeved block. Stock sleeves just won't handle the abuse without failing
Old 08-15-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Comments are in blue

Originally Posted by winner
Hi ..

Now , I have B16A head + B18B Block + Y80 Gear with LSD
for my turbo project ..

500 hp in street racing , But I want my project to carry 700 hp , for drag racing in the future ..

in which 500whp is about the point of being uncontrollable. You don't need nearly that to be competitive and have fun on the street. 700whp takes some serious parts to maintain reapeatably.

_ About CP Piston , what should I choose for compression size ?
because I show usually projects use compression between 9.2 - 9.6
and I will use Ls/vtec conversion Golde Eagle Head Gasket

And that really depends upon the fuel used. 9.5-10.5 is about what most use with 93 octane and above. As for the 500-700whp, you have a choice of knock-resistant fuels to choose from, but don't get into your head that you want a high peak power number on a big turbo at low-boost just because you believe you don't need other fuels.. you'll be as responsive as an old tractor milling the fields.

_ What kind of H-beam rods I use , manely or K1 ?

Both work. Completely your choice. But if you ever plan for 700whp as you plan for 500whp.. Sleeve the block NOW, and don't do this twice.

_ My friend said , make porting and polishing for my head , because that will help you to get high power by low boost , True ?

Not really. Stop listening to your "friend". Its not NA where you're scavaging for air by getting biggest and baddest port/polish is needed. A simple cleaning will do fine. just don't expect big power numbers. But if you do decide to get it done.... Wantboost was correct

Originally Posted by wantboost
Porting and polishing the head will yield results but have a professional do it. You can remove too much material and make the port too big. Big ports are lazy ports. Theres a fine line on how much to remove and how to profile the port

_ I will use Valvesprings & Retainers , but choose Feerea or Supertic ?
and what about change valves from Feerea or Supertic same the size of oem ? I think that will help me in speed of RPM

Ferrea & Supertech are what you mean. The answer to that lies in whether or not you plan on changing to different camshafts later. Either company can work as far as function, but most aftermarket camshafts require higher spring seat pressures than the standard "supertech upgrade". I honestly recommend their "DR" series if you decide to upgrade to different springs/retainers as they use about an 85lbs spring pressure. You can also consider the Skunk2 XP, and GSC series of valvesprings / retainers as those also work well with camshafts. But its best to plan for later in addition to for now. Just don't over do it.

_ For Bottom and Top Gasicket kit , use Cometic or oem ?

OEM for upper gasket kit, OEM/Golden Eagle for the lower end gasket which will be bored to a specific diameter... As stated

Originally Posted by wantboost
Golden eagle uses oem gaskets that they laser cut for larger bores. Nothing wrong with them

_ throttle body , 70 size is best ? and what is the different between kinds of throttle body , I show price just different ..

not necessarily. that size is just more popular, because the newer ones fit more easily with the more common manifolds. The differences vary from type of aluminum used (Cast pieces vs. Billet) and features such as the fact the Skunk2 and BBK have fine idle adjustment screws to adjust for different camshaft characteristics more easily, (again, such as differing camshafts). the cheaper ones don't have such little features, and also tend to stick a bit more often (even the billet ones).

If you want torque and better usability for the street, stay at 66mm-68mm TB. If going for Top End power mainly using a short plenum manifold, then the 70mm and larger will be more optimal.

I will use Edelbrock Victor X Intake Manifold ..

All depending upon what's more important... the 500whp usable power that you want, or the 700whp Super top end that you think you want. If you want super top end, do the Victor X or Skunk2 Ultra. If you want the better torque, Performer X or Skunk2 Pro... (or even the Skunk2 Ultra Street.

Thank you very much ..