Notices

My apologies to the Tech Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My apologies to the Tech Forum

I just wanted to give my apologies to all on the recent "info flood" of the BW turbochargers. I have now started to figure out the best way to be able to inform you guys of the new information, through the sponsor marketplace and forums,but at the same time not shovel down all the information in on spoonful. I think that we all started off on the wrong foot, and want to make sure that we stay in the good graces of everyone and be as informative as possible of this line. From our previous great results that we've received on other forums and networks, we thought at first that this was the best way to introduce this great product from BW. I'm not trying to start a battle here, for I know a lot about the Garrett line, and have for many years. If I get a little overboard, KINDLY please let me know so I can get it in the right direction. AbitAvenger; thanks for all the help

On a side note, We'll be performing another test on a B18C1 with 9.0:1 pistons (otherwise stock head and stock block) with the S256 tommorrow, and working with comparisons of the Turbonetics 50trim, and the GT30R at the same boost levels to give the public more data.

Dan,

Bullseyepower/Borg-Warner

Modified by turbodano at 10:45 AM 12/1/2006
Old 12-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (turbodano)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbodano &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just wanted to give my apologies to all on the recent "info flood" of the BW turbochargers. I have now started to figure out the best way to be able to inform you guys of the new information, through the sponsor marketplace and forums,but at the same time not shovel down all the information in on spoonful. I think that we all started off on the wrong foot, and want to make sure that we stay in the good graces of everyone and be as informative as possible of this line. From our previous great results that we've received on other forums and networks, we thought at first that this was the best way to introduce this great product from BW. I'm not trying to start a battle here, for I know a lot about the Garrett line, and have for many years. If I get a little overboard, KINDLY please let me know so I can get it in the right direction. AbitAvenger; thanks for all the help

<U>On a side note, We'll be performing another test on a B18C1 with 9.0:1 pistons (otherwise stock head and stock block) with the S256 tommorrow, and working with comparisons of the Turbonetics 50trim, and the GT30R at the same boost levels to give the public more data.</U>

Dan,

Bullseyepower/Borg-Warner

Modified by turbodano at 10:45 AM 12/1/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>No problem bro. That is what the tech forum LOVES to hear, post up a dyno comparison asap
Old 12-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (AbitAvenger)

heres my contribution to the thread,

i have a brand new s465ti for sale. somebody wants it.

pm' me for details, ill let it go cheap cheap
Old 12-01-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (turbodano)

i would rather see you max out each turbo... and compare that. because i don't care if the BW makes more power at 20psi vs the GT. i set my goals at power numbers, not psi numbers. i want to know wich one will make my car the fastest, make the most power. can you do a comparison for something in the 600 - 700 hp range?

or for people that are not looking to make 500+ power, why don't you just post the dyno plots of the similar turbo's making similar peak power numbers so we can compare the graphs. why would anyone want to see them at the same psi? i though we wanted to have fast cars with good powerbands. who cares what he psi is... get the turbo that fits your needs.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 AM
TTT

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (ndogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
why would anyone want to see them at the same psi? i though we wanted to have fast cars with good powerbands. who cares what he psi is... get the turbo that fits your needs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This was tried with the whole S256 vs T67 dyno graphs, but people seem to blow that WAY out proportion. The S256 had a superior power band making 500whp at 6000rpms and holding more than that all the way to redline. THAT IS A NASTY POWERBAND!!!!

From what I have seen on the BW turbos. They spool quick make at least the same amount of power (usually more) and make more torque than whatever they have been put up against.

Also they are easily rebuildable just incase you happen to wipe one out. If you have ever killed a BB turbo and went to have it fixed you know what I am talking about.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (TTT)

buy my turbo
Old 12-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (ndogg)

We did testing last winter w/ the 256 and we did max it out @ 30 psi. We ran the turbo up to 32 psi w/ minimal gains so we considered the turbo itself maxed @ 558whp/445trq. We had full intention to attempt to max out the T3/T67 @ the time as well but ran out of fuel and weren't able to do so. We now have an upgraded fuel system and the S366 on the same vehicle which we will once again run it to the max as soon as we return from PRI in the next few weeks.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (PSI2HI)

id like to see turbo's of the same specs but from different manufactures put up against eachother.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Former Vendor

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (HamiltonRex)

I personally lined up a S256 vs a GT30R which is a very similar comparison. The spooled almost side by side on a 2.0L DSM motor but the BW unit put down 38whp more @ 20 psi.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (PSI2HI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PSI2HI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally lined up a S256 vs a GT30R which is a very similar comparison. The spooled almost side by side on a 2.0L DSM motor but the BW unit put down 38whp more @ 20 psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spool time will be similar between journal and ball bearing turbos(ball bearing turbos will spool faster, just not a huge difference), throttle response will not. Look at the graph above.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (nowtype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Spool time will be similar between journal and ball bearing turbos(ball bearing turbos will spool faster, just not a huge difference), throttle response will not. Look at the graph above. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree. I would love to see a 256 vs 30R, and a 366 vs 40R comparison. The fact that b/w offers t3 turbine housings in twin scroll is VERY appealing
Old 12-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (Full-Race Geoff)

I would like to see this too, but add quarter mile times in too, same driver same car, same or similair days.

I would love to see some road course data as well, as i like a few others built my turbo car for track days.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (coneheadsracing)

also if you could do testing on mars, as well as 1/4 mile runs on the moon, that would really help me out a lot.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

No **** guys, these back to back testing requests are getting a little extreme.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:03 PM

I am actually intrested in a 366 where can i get more info on this turbo?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:25 PM
TTT

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (Upperguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Upperguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am actually intrested in a 366 where can i get more info on this turbo? </TD></TR></TABLE>

What would you like to know??

It flows 80lbs/min.

Technology = Extended Tips & Map Width Enhancement Grooves.

Turbine housing options:

T3 divided inlets - 6 bolt outlet = .76 & .85 A/R
T3 Inlet Stainless Steel - 4/5 bolt outlet = .58 A/R

T4 Divided inlet - V-band outlet = .83 A/R

Has made 767whp/642rwtq @30psi

Anything else?

Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (TTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What would you like to know??

It flows 80lbs/min.

Technology = Extended Tips & Map Width Enhancement Grooves.

Turbine housing options:

T3 divided inlets - 6 bolt outlet = .76 & .85 A/R
T3 Inlet Stainless Steel - 4/5 bolt outlet = .58 A/R

T4 Divided inlet - V-band outlet = .83 A/R

Has made 767whp/642rwtq @30psi

Anything else?</TD></TR></TABLE>

where can i buy one ! great info follow up
Old 12-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys want anymore independent testing, hit me up. I'd personally love to do a GT30 vs. HY35 vs. S256 comparison
Old 12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blundar)

The more data provided to the consumer that favors these turbos, the more sales will increase. At this point I see these BW threads as "I get BW turbos cheaper than Garrett turbos and can sell them for almost the same amount so I want to sell BW turbos." If you want to compare the Garrett GT series, dyno plots won't be enough because where GT series turbos shine is in throttle response. If you showed me a BW turbo making similiar power at similiar pressure with similiar response time for significantly less money, it would be great. But showing a journal bearing turbo can produce similiar power to GT series wouldn't be surprising. GT series offer the power and the throttle response. Show BW turbos offer this as well and you will increase your sales.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: (nowtype)

Damn, I really like the BW turbos and the T3 twinscroll option.
But being more into road racing I wish they made something with the extended tip technology that was smaller.
Something more comparable to a GT28RS.

Personally I also prefer journal bearings just because they last longer, and my car is DD.

Just my 2cents...
Old 12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind, there is more to spool than cartridges. Wheel design/size makes a huge difference too. (duh)
Old 12-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My S366 twinscroll t3 .85 exhaust side...

S366 compressor cover.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can't wait to see the results
Old 12-07-2006, 03:48 AM
TTT

Default Re: My apologies to the Tech Forum (Upperguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Upperguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where can i buy one ! great info follow up </TD></TR></TABLE>
S366
Old 12-07-2006, 03:52 AM
TTT

Default Re: (nowtype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If you want to compare the Garrett GT series, dyno plots won't be enough because where GT series turbos shine is in throttle response. If you showed me a BW turbo making similiar power at similiar pressure with similiar response time for significantly less money, it would be great.

GT series offer the power and the throttle response. Show BW turbos offer this as well and you will increase your sales.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They logged the boost responce on this dyno. The S256 came up on boost about 200-300 rpms before the GT30.

Quick Reply: My apologies to the Tech Forum