Notices

Multiple oil line T's

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple oil line T's

ok for my oil part of the turbo im in a bit of a dilema. i need to hook up my stock oil pressure sensor, 2 aftermarket ones and also obviosly the oil feed line. what i wanted to know was, would it be ok to have more then one T-fitting together so i can connect all those things? or this for example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem with another T-fitting attached to it? or is it bad to have more then one of those kind of fittings? this isnt going to run right off the block, im gonna run an ss line from the block to the T-fitting and then connect everything from there. so am i good to go with more then one fitting or bad idea? thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Multiple oil line T's (zexifiedlude)

stupid question, but why 2 aftmkt oil senders?

to resolve, you will need to use a sandwich plate. thats too much hanging off of the stock hole.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM

2 aftermarket oil senders cause im gonna have two gaues, i have an extra fuel pressure gauge and oil pressure gauge laying around and i wanted to put them to use, i have an idea of how to make em look real nice under the hood, so yeah one gauge is going under the hood, and the other is going to be inside with me....

whats a sandwich plate? i never heard of that...and about hanging off the stock hole, its not going to be, there is just gonna be one line running to the stock whole and then the spliters were then gonna go on the other end of the line
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Multiple oil line T's (boostedcivicsir)

This is my oil setup...i have a restrictor, an aftermarket pressure sensor, and an oil temp sensor:

Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Multiple oil line T's (_gurusan_)

it's not quite clear there but I have a remote oil filter kit with the filter feed line teed off to the turbo feed line...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not quite clear there but I have a remote oil filter kit with the filter feed line teed off to the turbo feed line...</TD></TR></TABLE>

im gonna tap the oil feed from the stock oil pressure sender hole
Old 12-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would get a stealthmode firewall mount kit or all that crap will break off in the back of your block.

This is how mine is setup, except mine is run from the oil filter mount rather than the oil pressure sending thing:

oil pressure sensor hole --&gt; firewall line---&gt;Restrictor valve---&gt;T for sensors---&gt;turbo feed.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would get a stealthmode firewall mount kit or all that crap will break off in the back of your block.

This is how mine is setup, except mine is run from the oil filter mount rather than the oil pressure sending thing:

oil pressure sensor hole --&gt; firewall line---&gt;Restrictor valve---&gt;T for sensors---&gt;turbo feed.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow for the 3rd time IM NOT RUNNING IT RIGHT OFF THE BACK OF THE BLOCK, LIKE I SAID I WILL BE RUNNING A LINE TO THE FIREWALL AND THEN EVERYTHING FROM THERE. all i needed to know was if 3 tees instead of two was going to be too much or would it be ok?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes it will be fine. I would advise putting a restrictor inline though so you can adjust oil pressure to the turbo
Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes it will be fine. I would advise putting a restrictor inline though so you can adjust oil pressure to the turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you that is all i needed to know, but now u got me to think of one more thing lol, u just mentioned putting the restrictor on the oil feed line correct? so it would go ss line &gt; tee &gt; restrictor &gt; oil feed line, right?

what if i were to run this http://www.stealthmodeperforma...shtml (with a male fitting on the other end) after the restrictor and then the oil feed line, then i could just use two tee's and this little thing, and wouldnt that mean that i could use one oil pressure gauge to monitor overall engiene oil pressure (in the cabin) and the second gauge to monitor only the oil pressure that the turbo would be getting

i just drew this up let me know what u think, and if im correct in how it would work and if it would work in general

Modified by zexifiedlude at 7:25 PM 12/7/2005
Old 12-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah that would work. I don't think you need the stock oil pressure sensor though, if i'm not mistaken it doesn't affect anything on the car, it's just an idiot light thing, and by the time it's flashed you're car is dead anyway.

Also, the stealthmode fitting is 1/8 bpt, it might leak if you have it connected to an NPT port...however I did the same thing, I just used tons of PTFE tape on the fitting and i'm going to hope it doesn't leak
Old 12-07-2005, 03:35 PM

yeah i heard before that u dont need the stock one but just incase for any reason i might as well just throw it on ther. i got room anyway. i noticed the bpt and npt im not nessicarily going to get the one from stealthmode, i just used it as an example. imma try to find a npt one cause all my other oil line stuff is npt...

but the guges will show diffrent pressures right?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to knock your idea, but the oil pressure guage in the engine bay will be useless, less you need that little extra something to knock the panties off some ricer chick. You'd need to blip the throttle up to redline to see what pressure it's sending, and after the valve is set, it's just taking space. If you managed to find out what the oil PSI safety limit is for the CHRA seals from the turbo MFG's R&D team, then forget what I said.

As for BSP into NPT, its a very bad idea. Not all MFG's make the NPT begining threads the same size, I've seen it where half a thread barely makes it. A normal all-female tee would be a better idea.

I was going to make a brass 'oil distribution block' which would be like a Golden Eagle vacuum block, except for oil. I have the fittings to go from the [engine block's] 1/8BSP to 1/4 compression, to a 1/4" copper tube, to the brass block. The most versitle block would have the BSP threads for the OEM sensor, 1/4NPT for the inlet, then 2-3 1/4" or 1/8" NPT outlets. 1" square brass bar, I was thinking 2-3" long for all that.

If you're doing the remote oil filter, then you don't need to worry about the stock sensor.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

isn't that a lot of line for the oil to go through?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:06 PM

i actually dont know what the right psi is. i think that as long as it dosnt go over 90 its fine. and the only reason im putting another gauge in the engine bay is cause i just have it sitting in my garage doing nothing so i might as well put it to use, i dont mind it takin the space
Old 12-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">isn't that a lot of line for the oil to go through?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah i think its aight
Old 12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zexifiedlude)

I just have 1 oil pressure sender reading turbo oil pressure in the cabin. I plan on adjusting it to 35-40 psi. Anything more tends to shorten seal life
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (_gurusan_)

theres mine fyi.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:02 PM

^ thats exactly what i want myne to look like, expect with a restrictor and one more little fitting after it.

but about the fittings, since u have to get a dspt to npt adapter for the back of the block, would you have to have to get the same thing to attach the stock pressure sensor to the t?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes. I would recommend against hooking the stock sensor up...it's a useless light.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: (_gurusan_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just have 1 oil pressure sender reading turbo oil pressure in the cabin. I plan on adjusting it to 35-40 psi. Anything more tends to shorten seal life</TD></TR></TABLE>

did u do it like i want to? if not, how did u hook it up to only read the turbo oil pressure??
Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zexifiedlude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did u do it like i want to? if not, how did u hook it up to only read the turbo oil pressure??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I told you ..

firewall line---&gt;Restrictor valve---&gt;T for sensors (oil temp, oil pressure)---&gt;turbo feed.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:22 PM
RMS

n2o distribution block should work, too
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RMS)

just remember the more fittings you have the more chance of it leaking....
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the best way to seal up the threads? I was generous with the PTFE tape, but am still paranoid of leaks. I don't plan on changing anything so if it's permanent that wouldn't bother me.

Quick Reply: Multiple oil line T's