Notices

MSD studder box??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD studder box??

I knew a guy that had a super charged gsr with a studder box on it. It was activated by a button. Is there one?? it was tuned with the apex-i s-afc so I know it wasnt a standalone
Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MSD studder box?? (D-meet07)

Yes it is call an msd two step. You need to run an msd box with it for it to work
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: MSD studder box?? (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it is call an msd two step. You need to run an msd box with it for it to work</TD></TR></TABLE>

The MSD Digital 6plus has a built in two step. I wired it into the horn (which hasnt worked for years anyways), press the horn, and you have two step.

You can use any button tho, you just need to send the MSD 12volts to activate it.

liam
Old 04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MSD studder box?? (liam821)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by liam821 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The MSD Digital 6plus has a built in two step. I wired it into the horn (which hasnt worked for years anyways), press the horn, and you have two step.

You can use any button tho, you just need to send the MSD 12volts to activate it.

liam</TD></TR></TABLE>

How the hell was I unaware of this?!? Care to write something up explaining it? Or is there a site/instruction manual I can see? I'm assuming it just cuts the ignition (obviously haha).

EDIT: Found it.....
MSD Digital 6-Plus website --&gt; http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_18_6520.htm
PDF Manual --&gt; http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/frm23775_6520.pdf
Page 2 under "Rev Limiter" first describes it. Then on Page 6 is it futher explained. Helllll yes, I'm so glad I can get rid of the Hondata 2-step and put my cruise control back in haha (those 9 hour trips from Ohio to Alabama makes my leg cramp up after awhile haha)

Modified by Dunc at 6:10 PM 4/18/2006
Old 04-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MSD studder box?? (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How the hell was I unaware of this?!? Care to write something up explaining it? Or is there a site/instruction manual I can see? I'm assuming it just cuts the ignition (obviously haha).

EDIT: Found it.....
MSD Digital 6-Plus website --&gt; http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_18_6520.htm
PDF Manual --&gt; http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/frm23775_6520.pdf
Page 2 under "Rev Limiter" first describes it. Then on Page 6 is it futher explained. Helllll yes, I'm so glad I can get rid of the Hondata 2-step and put my cruise control back in haha (those 9 hour trips from Ohio to Alabama makes my leg cramp up after awhile haha)

Modified by Dunc at 6:10 PM 4/18/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha you saved me the work!! I think the MSD twostep is better then the Hondata/Neptune personally.

thanks,
liam
Old 04-18-2006, 05:28 PM
BCICAN

I won't be able to look at it until this weekend (I'm at school and the wiring is back at home). Do you have any pictures of it? Does that blue wire have a connector or anything on the end of it?

Also, isn't it kinda difficult to hold a button while staging the car??
Old 04-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MSD studder box?? (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I won't be able to look at it until this weekend (I'm at school and the wiring is back at home). Do you have any pictures of it? Does that blue wire have a connector or anything on the end of it?

Also, isn't it kinda difficult to hold a button while staging the car??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wire doesnt have a connector, i just hard wired it into the horn output signal which is 12v.

Its not really hard to hold, you just push down the horn button with your left hand while holding the steering wheel and you have your right hand free for the shifter and ebrake. The horn on the civic isnt a reach or anything.

Works for me at least.

liam
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
BCICAN

Couldn't you put that blue wire to the clutch switch and basically just the clutch switch for the MSD system instead of where you would plug it into the S200 box for Hondata. I can't remember...does that clutch switch have anything to do with how the car operates... i.e. does it have to be going to the S200/ECU so that you can't start the car unless it's depressed?

Old 04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MSD studder box?? (AF-P Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AF-P Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Couldn't you put that blue wire to the clutch switch and basically just the clutch switch for the MSD system instead of where you would plug it into the S200 box for Hondata. I can't remember...does that clutch switch have anything to do with how the car operates... i.e. does it have to be going to the S200/ECU so that you can't start the car unless it's depressed?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You could, this is how the hondata system works i believe. But i dont like having my foot on the clutch to keep the two step on. (ie burnouts using the two step)

But, maybe you dont use the two step for burn outs, so then maybe the clutch switch will work for you.

liam