Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motors In Finally

Well after 5 days of dealing with the swap and drama the motor is finally in:

LS B18a1
Block Guard
Custom Venolia Forged Pistons 9.5:1
Eagle Rods
ARP Headstuds

*crower 404 camshafts* they arn't in though. We started the car with them in and it was a beast. Finally got to drive my car this morning at about 5am after we finished everything, but I got a few questions . . . . . the car dies out here and there after stopping at like a stop sign or light, and the idle does get kinda low here and there.

I am running the LS ECU all motor for right now until the motor nd clutch are broken in, then I gottah start getting my turbo stuff ready. What can I do to make the car idle better? For some reason there is a couple plugs from the LS Wiring harness that has no home in my engine bay, and the o2 sensor isn't plugged in because I was hoping to use the brand new one I got off my d16z6 motor but it won't work, or will it? Over all the motor pulls great over the SOHC. I didn't do anything dumb since the motor only has like 2 miles on it since the build, but just driving it there is a huge difference in power, shifting since the trans and clutches are different, and well steering because I have no power steering now Any suggestions to getting my car to run better would be greatly appreciated. I am sure getting that o2 sensor would help so i'm going to do that soon.

Thanks guys . . . . I so can't wait to boost.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Motors In Finally (Vtec92Civic)

let us kno when ur going to put the turbo in
Old 10-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Motors In Finally (XxRoCkMaNxNEOxX)

will do . . . . first and for most I need to make sure everything is running good N/A Can't slap the turbo on the motor if it keeps stalling and stuff. Well you can but you know what I mean. Hopefully I can have it running good real soon. Not much to tune accept for the timing and maybe adjust the valves, other then that it's got stock injectors, fuel rail, stock ls ecu etc . . . . so it should run good unless there is a vacuum leak or something, right?