Notices

Meth nozzle conversion sizes? for "M" sizes

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth nozzle conversion sizes? for "M" sizes

Does anyone have a link to a chart that shows how to convert the "M" size nozzles to the corresponding mm orifice size?

I.E. what "M" size would a .5mm orifice nozzle compare to, a M5?

Thanks.

Charlie
Old 08-07-2018, 04:04 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Meth nozzle conversion sizes? for "M" sizes

Originally Posted by charosenz
Does anyone have a link to a chart that shows how to convert the "M" size nozzles to the corresponding mm orifice size?

I.E. what "M" size would a .5mm orifice nozzle compare to, a M5?

Thanks.

Charlie

You'll need to be more specific with your kit. Most nozzles used for methanol are in cc of volume like injectors would be. So what you're asking sounds like it is specific to a particular kit of some sort

Last edited by TheShodan; 08-08-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
You'll need to be more specific with your kit. Most nozzles used for methanol are in cc of volume like injectors would be. So what you're asking sounds like it is specific to a particular kit of some sort
I am looking for a chart that compares the typical "m" nozzle orifice sizes. I.E. what is the hole size of a M2, M3, M4, etc. The reason I ask is that some suppliers suggest various orifice size nozzels, like 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.8mm, etc. While other vendors recommend/rate their nozzles by CC/Min and yet some even advertizs by GPH.

Sure would be nice if there were some charts that shed light on how these compare with each other. I found a few charts but I am open to looking at other charts that readers may have come across that they can provide to help shed light on how these compare with each other.

Charlie

Last edited by TheShodan; 08-08-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:52 AM

I am looking for a chart that compares the typical "m" nozzle orifice sizes. I.E. what is the hole size of a M2, M3, M4, etc. The reason I ask is that some suppliers suggest various orifice size nozzels, like 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 0.8mm, etc. While other vendors recommend/rate their nozzles by CC/Min and yet some even advertizs by GPH.

Sure would be nice if there were some charts that shed light on how these compare with each other. I found a few charts but I am open to looking at other charts that readers may have come across that they can provide to help shed light on how these compare with each other.

Charlie
Just an idea. Why not try to create your own conversion chart? Use a common mathematical denominator (cc, lbs/min volume) experiment with a little math, mixed with a couple of contacts to those suppliers that give those strange "M" style numbers, with what you have already discovered, and get a conversion spreadsheet going?

You'd have more success doing that than continuing to desperately searching. And you become an expert yourself in the field.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Just an idea. Why not try to create your own conversion chart? Use a common mathematical denominator (cc, lbs/min volume) experiment with a little math, mixed with a couple of contacts to those suppliers that give those strange "M" style numbers, with what you have already discovered, and get a conversion spreadsheet going?

You'd have more success doing that than continuing to desperately searching. And you become an expert yourself in the field.
I am not desperate. I am just curious if there are folks on this forum willing to share data - facts (more than suggestions).

Old 08-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This may help https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html
Old 08-09-2018, 12:34 PM

I am not desperate. I am just curious if there are folks on this forum willing to share data - facts (more than suggestions).
Originally Posted by 92cxyd
That's about as good as you get. Not much organized data. My point wasn't to chastise or berate anyone. Just encouraging an opportunity for someone to create their own "star player". That's all.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92cxyd

Excellent, I had not seen that thank you very much1

Charlie