Notices

ls/vtec turbo will not start....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls/vtec turbo will not start....

Heres the problem, I bought a 1996 ek from a member off this site about 7 months ago. The car needed a turbo which I installed yesterday. The car has been sitting since. I got the car running yesterday and took it out for a spin and it ran good, I took it up to about 6k and 6lbs of boost. I brought the car home and shut it off. Today when I went to start the car is fired right up and bogged down and shut off. Now I cant get the car running. The car was one of those stupid impulse buys. The car is a silver ek with a 5lug swap, white itr wheels, bought the car in the bronx. The owner claimed the motor was fully built but I have no idea what was done to the car. I checked the compression and it was 150 across, again it is a ls/vtec gsr head. The turbo setup is a precison t4 sc61 with a hondata s300 with rc 750cc injectors. I guess my question is if the compression ratio low enouph for the engine not to start. It ran yesterday and now its not. I have fuel and spark........I have no [freak]in clue
Old 04-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

diagnose it.. first start with the CEL (check engine light) see if its throwing any codes.

then check the next obvious. the charging system. is your battery connected? grounds are good including engine/tranny/ valvcover/ battery to chassis. have your alternator tested to see if its good.

then check for Fuel. if you are not getting fuel start with the most common problems.
Main Relay
Fuel Pump
Check fuel Pressure
Fuel Filter (if the car was sitting for a while and could have some nasty **** in the tank clogging the filter)
Injector clips are on.

if it is not a fuel issue then check for spark.
Test the ICM (Ignition control module in the Distributor)
Check the coil for power and that its in good shape.
Check spark plugs to see if they have fouled out or there was engine damage that you didnt notice. while your at it make sure you have the right plugs and gapped properly.
Check plug wires. cheapy ebay plugs or cheapy part store wires suck *** and the terminals are junk.