LS Vtec Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Vtec Turbo Build

Hi All, this is my thread for my first and current build. I am new to HT but am looking to hopefuly make a contribution to the HT public like so many others have. This is going to be a Project thread based over the next 9-12 months. I am curently in teardown phase with the stock LS Block and will be sending it in to camp1320 for sleeving in the next few weeks (haha for lack of money I would already have it in). Thank you all who take the time to view this thread as well as any help and or suggestions provided :]

Without Further Adeu I give you my Stock LS Block. (i know its obd0 but if anyone could tell me how to know what the exact year is I would be really greatful)

Block still needs to be pressure washed or atleast cleaned a lil.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck man, I too am building my LS block for future boost. My block is pretty much with cp pistons and eagle rods and ARP main studs with a mix of ACL main bearings and OEM Honda rod bearings. Take your time and seek lots of advise from the HT experts, they know their ****!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:21 PM

nice car, im droping this engine into my civic 4door for a nice sleeper. Im hoping to make around 450+ HP when im done. Im definitely taking my time and doing this right. Ive seen too many threads about LSV's throwing rods and dieing in the first 500 miles because of cuting corners. One thing thats really confusing me is, is it worth the time and money to Stroke a LS to 95mm and boost when its LSV? I saw the guy in superstreet (june) making 780whp on a block similarly stroked but I have no clue whats involved with work done and the like. Also im torn between crome and hondata s200 or just going with a standalone computer, I want tunability but I also want practicality for the amount of HP im hoping to make. lol ive got so many questions, but ill ask more thrughout the rest of this build for sure :]
Old 07-17-2006, 12:34 AM

oh, which is a better idea. machining to accept vtec or just use the GE Vtec conversion system? Just from a reliability standpoint. would be great if you guys could post experiences with either as far as installation and cost of machining if gone that route.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not going the LSV route, just a LST so I wouldn't be able to comment too much on this setup. Golden Eagle makes a LSV kit that requires minimum modification to the head/block. Their kit seems like it comes with everything you need. But then again, I would recommend taking it to a good machine shop. Here's a link to LSV build on C-Speedracing.com.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...c.php