Notices

LS turbo - nothing on search

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS turbo - nothing on search

hey, im selling my gsr in the spring and with the excess money im planning on buying an LS and turbo-charging it. i would like to run 7psi as a daily driver with stock internals. and possibly 11psi at the track to get about 250whp (a few times this summer). im just doing this as a project with some buddies just for fun you know over the summer cause it is probally going to take me a while. anyways how long is my engine going to last running 7psi driving daily before i blow a gasket or something. iv heard people telling me 6 months and others 2 years. everones commments are all over the map. can i get some feedback from you all please. i dont post much but i do ALOT of reading and you all seem to have alot of experience with this so i though i would do a post.

thanks
Old 01-12-2004, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS turbo - nothing on search (hamburgler)

I've been running .4 bar (5.75 psi) for over a year now. (FMU setup) T3/T04 turbo.

This is on a motor with 200k+ and bad leak down in one cylinder.

It all depends on how you drive it. Also every motor is different so there are many other factors which will decide engine longevity.

I'm babying mine until the new motor is finished.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:29 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: LS turbo - nothing on search (drewspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drewspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.

It all depends on how you drive it. Also every motor is different so there are many other factors which will decide engine longevity.

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with drewspeed... all motors are different. The only way to "bulletproof" a motor is tear it down and replace all necessary parts (rods, pistons, rings, gaskets, etc.) and of course stiffen the cylinder brace with a blockguard if applicable.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LS turbo - nothing on search (hamburgler)

thanks man,

well i think im still going to go ahead with the project. im sure in about 2 years ill get bored and find something else to work on. so you would recommend running about 5-6psi daily driver. ill drive it easy except when some american car needs schooling. what do you run at the track? im going to have a compression test done before i purchase the LS or RS. are there any other tests that should be done before i buy this car in a few months?

thanks