Notices

LS Jackson Racing thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Jackson Racing thoughts?

just want to know what you guys that have supercharged your LS motors think about them

I'm thinking VERY STRONGLY of going this route, and I was curious as to what kind of power they put down and how they drive

any and all info is welcome

thanks

Nick
Old 07-24-2003, 04:58 AM

Default Re: LS Jackson Racing thoughts? (BlackThorN)

I've had a good experience with my RS...

http://www.ranneypeimer.com/acura

Check out my page, and the dyno page. Drivability is excellent.

Like anything else, hybrid, turbo, supercharged, whatever - tuning is the key.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome, pretty much exactly what I"m shooting for with the LS, thanks for the page
Old 07-24-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Re: (BlackThorN)

Man get the vortech. It is a much better supercharger than the Jr
Old 07-24-2003, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (SupaTeg)

I personally would use the type-r or the Si supercharger kit for the ls motor. it takes alittle modification but the plus is you get the m62 blower raqther than that small POS m45 blower and you will make more power and be alot happier
Old 07-24-2003, 10:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackThorN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awesome, pretty much exactly what I"m shooting for with the LS, thanks for the page </TD></TR></TABLE>

OMG thats weak... why would someone pay 2g for 161whp and more for the extra parts just to up the boost? If you are going to spend that much get a TURBO for around 2500 and feel real power. JRSC are great but it's not wat you want for your LS integra.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: (Mr.JDM_KiD)

"Man get the vortech. It is a much better supercharger than the Jr"
Why is this? When I checked the website, the intercooled version was approximately $4000. Anyone have a dyno chart of this supposed superior system?

"I personally would use the type-r or the Si supercharger kit for the ls motor. it takes alittle modification but the plus is you get the m62 blower raqther than that small POS m45 blower and you will make more power and be alot happier"
I disagree. I haven't seen this configuration make any more power than the M45. 3 people who had this system at 9Psi are making less power than I.

"OMG thats weak... why would someone pay 2g for 161whp and more for the extra parts just to up the boost? If you are going to spend that much get a TURBO for around 2500 and feel real power. JRSC are great but it's not wat you want for your LS integra."
There is no dispute that for max power, a turbo is the way to go. We don't know if BlackThorN wants to drag, autocross, drive around town, whatever. A good, non-junkyard turbo setup for $2500? Where do I buy this?

BlackThorn - what do you do with this car?

The question asked was, "just want to know what you guys that have supercharged your LS motors think about them
I'm thinking VERY STRONGLY of going this route, and I was curious as to what kind of power they put down and how they drive... any and all info is welcome"

It seems like everyone has something to say who DOESN'T own this setup?
Old 07-24-2003, 03:06 PM

i have the jackson racing on my gsr and i love it. power thought out the band. its real fun and beats most cars in this area, makes mustangs cry that they got bet by a honda.(its in a civic) so what ever way you go you will be happy in my opinion. you can make more power with a turbo. the supercharger needs less maintenance then a turbo. still needs to be tuned and all that . and you can put down some good whp numbers with it. you dont get to have a cool intercooler in front of your car or a blowoff valve, but you get boost without people knowing off the bat
Old 07-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I want a reliable daily driver that isn't a bore to drive. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg making it fun. I"d like it to be in the 14's but I will be doing alot of highway driving with it also, so there pops up the reliability question also.

I was thinking of dumping in an H22 but it looks like it'd end up costing around 5k when all is said and done with that.

I found a jackson kit for 1500 so that seems to be my best bet

Nick
Old 07-24-2003, 04:55 PM

i had it...it was alright...i used it for two monts...sold it and went turbocharged.

you get more power out of the turbo kit than you do with the jrsc. with the jrsc..if your running it in a teg...yeah..you will probably be in the high 14's...thats my guess. when i had the supercharger...in my eg with ls motor, i couldn't even beat
a low 14 second mustang. now that i'm turbocharged running a little more boost than when i was jrsc...i'll tear up that stang.

i would go turbo instead of jrsc. you can find a turbo kit used for about the same price you are going to pay for the jrsc used. you'll be happier with a turbo kit...i know i am.

good luck in what you decide to do.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackThorN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want a reliable daily driver that isn't a bore to drive. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg making it fun. I"d like it to be in the 14's but I will be doing alot of highway driving with it also, so there pops up the reliability question also.

I was thinking of dumping in an H22 but it looks like it'd end up costing around 5k when all is said and done with that.

I found a jackson kit for 1500 so that seems to be my best bet

Nick</TD></TR></TABLE>

1500? Thats pricey for a used one. It's your choice b/c it's going to be a bore once u drive it. U have to remember that dude w/ 19X hp had A LOT of upgrades. Therefore, with just your jrsc at 6lb pulley it's a joke.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Re: (Mr.JDM_KiD)

$1500 is going rate... seen them as low as $1000 but with sketchy rotors.

Good point about my setup (19X HP)- I do have a bunch of extra stuff, thus increasing the cost...... I'm in such a hurry to defend the JRSC that I sometimes forget all the supplemental parts on the car. I can't disagree that 6psi would not be the greatest - BUT - the 9psi tuned version is cool.

BUT - for $1500, a 9psi pulley, fuel pump and a MAP and BTC (which makes good sense because everyone goes Hondata and wants to sell this stuff used) for $2000 you could have a reliable 9psi setup. All I do with my car anymore is drive it distances, and the JRSC is nice and transparent.

I guess the point here is that you want to do it cheaply........ anyone selling a JRSC or turbo for cheap?
Old 07-25-2003, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for all the info, but this car is going to be a daily driver and I don't think I can beat the 1500 deal...it also comes with a 10lb pully and injectors and more stuff, I"ll paste it here. I do want it to be transparent...my issue now

is just tuning it right

what do you all reccomend for a Hondata setup?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:44 AM

I don't see why people think that the JRSC is going to be less of a maintenance hassle - Once the turbo is installed and tuned, there isn't much to mess with there, either. ???

Biggest problem with the JRSC is no inter/aftercooler, imho..
Old 07-25-2003, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is a valid point, but the thing about a turbo that concerns me about maintenance is the added stress to my entire oil system, then I'd want an oil cooler and other safeguards.

thanks for your .02
Old 07-25-2003, 04:11 AM

Default Re: (SupaTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SupaTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man get the vortech. It is a much better supercharger than the Jr</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess If I had to choose it would be vortec but other wise you cant show me one supercharger that will touch a cheap custom turbo setup on a ls or even a drag or revhard kit, personnally read the posts in this forum and if you want real power then go turbo
Old 07-25-2003, 04:16 AM

Default Re: (BoostedsiR)

I hate that turbo is more maitenice if you dont have it tuned properly there isnt too mush tunig for 8psi actully its easy if you have hondata and someone that knows what they are doing you will be happy. to waste that money for maybe 35 -50 whp you got to be crazy and plus turbo is cheaper not all setups but you definatleycan find one trust
Old 07-25-2003, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

find me a cheap QUALITY turbo setup for 1500 then.

Nick
Old 07-25-2003, 04:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">find me a cheap QUALITY turbo setup for 1500 then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It can be done, maybe even cheaper, but you'll have to piece it together yourself. No cheap fix there.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well now I'm just interested in hondata info

thanks for everyone's opinions
Old 07-25-2003, 04:58 AM

yes look at ebay you can get a used t3 t4 for about 300 intercoller for about 2 piping kit 150 bov 100 and oil return line 50 hondata s200b 350 mani 200 dp 150