Notices

Just look

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just look

"its a jdm honda civic type r with a b18c stroker kit port and polished heads vtec killer cams apexi full header back exhaust cm stage 3 clutch and lightened flywheel jackson racing vtec controller knn cold air charger cam pulleys titanium valve springs and push rods type r short shifter and integra type r lsd"

Question: Guys, would you read the above and tell me what he is talking about with the "push rods" thing? I've never heard of this before...ever, and didn't know if he was being weird or if I just learned something new today.

Was he talking about a particular brand of connecting rods? Or was he refering to a push rod that a GM would have?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just look (Dunc)

since he mentioned it after the valve springs, maybe he means valves. they do have long rods on the end that get pushed on by the rocker arms....justa thought.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:16 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just look (bluemax189)

but if you were, I guess, pretty knowlogdeable about cars then wouldn't you say like supertech valves or skunk2 valves, etc?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Just look (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but if you were, I guess, pretty knowlogdeable about cars then wouldn't you say like supertech valves or skunk2 valves, etc? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, that's what I would call them too. AFAIK a push rod is simply a rod that gets pushed on by the cam lobe. On the other end of the push rod is the rocker arm which the push rod pushs down on. The middle of the rocker arm has a hole with a rod that allows the other end of the rocker arm to pivot and move up and down to open up the valves. It's kinda like a see-saw in a playground. When the fat kid (push rod) sits on one end of the see-saw the other end with the little kid (the valves) comes up so that air can get into the CC.