Notices

just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 05:44 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys..me and my friends put on my turbo last night...when I go to drive it..it works fine until about 3500RPM....itl start boosting, and then bog down..and my a/f gague goes from rich to nothing..WTF, I put the vortech thing on, and installed it right...looked on friends si, and gsr both with drag III...and also I am throwing code 4 from my ecu..crank deflucuation or something, never even touched the ******* thing..I have no idea what to do, i just spent 3K on my car, and now it runs awful, someone please help..I am so frustrated now..dunno what to do. I think that I am gonna try one of my friends vortech things to see if mine is bad..but it is brand new. ALSO my boost gague isnt reading vaccum pressure, it just sits at zero...and then goes up to about 3psi before the 3500 "rev limiter"...I dont think I am getting fuel, but from what???BTW fuel settings are all stock with the vortech boost dependant thing..please help..
Old 01-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (blkDOHCsol)

check your FMU. . .you could have put it on backwards. . .I did it once. . .I was having the same prob a while back . . .
Old 01-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Texas B*tch!

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (turbocoupe)

Once you start classifying parts as "things" that begins to worry me. I wonder how well you and your friends are at doing this sort of "thing."
Old 01-11-2002, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (ForcedAccord)

Once you start classifying parts as "things" that begins to worry me. I wonder how well you and your friends are at doing this sort of "thing."
haha!!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (turbocoupe)

Your fuel system is broken. It takes at least a reasonable amount of understanding to install a turbo kit... perhaps you should have done more research beforehand.

Make sure the vortech is installed correctly. If (better be when) you installed a fuel pump, make sure you wired the polarity correctly.

Dustin
Old 01-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (dustin)

Make sure the vortech is installed correctly. If (better be when) you installed a fuel pump, make sure you wired the polarity correctly.
back flow is cool!
Old 01-12-2002, 12:11 AM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (blkDOHCsol)

ok, as to the FMU "thing"..I have helped put drag III on my friends si twice..and we rebuilt his motor 2 times..and I have also part taken in a gsr all motor rebuild so obvously (cause im having the problem) am not the smartest in the world..but cmon man, I wouldnt try to put it on if I didnt have a clue....
**** I have tried....
1. Swapping vortechs with my friends si..
2. Disconneting the intake piping...still the same problem
3. Turning up the boost...
4. Turning down the boost....
5. Resetting the ECU
6. Put that tetra **** on the MAP (where it should be)
7. Wrapping the O2 sensor in aluminum foil...(cause its open downnpipe)

And I did put in the fuel pump..and it is wired right...any other solutions???
Old 01-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow...so many answers... The only person that had a logical reply was the one bout the fmu backwards. I mean ****..y reply if ur not gonna try to help???Obviously he's frustrated as **** bout his ****** car not running right after spending 3k on it...btw..I was one of the many friends that helped with the install. We kno how to freakin install a turbo kit..we're not some ****** ricers that can put intakes or sparkplug wires on.. We installed the same kit on my car and my bro's gsr. But ****...this is bugging me just as much as blkdohcsol. So if anyone has any more possible answers to this dilema it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (BoostedSi)

The boost gauge not reading any vacuum tells me you either have a vacuum leak or you hooked up your gauge wrong. Your car will run like sh*t if you have a vacuum leak. fix this first. If your AF ratio gauge goes to zero do not drive your car. You are running lean. This is very bad for your car you can easily blow your engine. Also check to see if you O2 sensor is working correctly. Mine went bad once and did some wierd things to my car. I think you need to be a little more descriptive if anyone is going to help you. You can't descibe parts as thing. Good luck, this is why I stay away from turbo's to much maintanance.

[Modified by nsxxtreme, 11:05 PM 1/12/2002]
Old 01-12-2002, 02:35 PM

Where did you tee of for your boost gauge? Was it off of the fmu vac line? I heard that's not the best place to do it because it can screw things up and give you problems with fuel delivery. Check all your vac lines and piping to see if there is any leakage, check all your fuel lines etc. to makes sure there aren't any kinks in the lines. Hope it all works out for you, I know you waited for ups forever to drop off your kit.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:31 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (nsxxtreme)

that is a good possibility with the boost gague...I dont understand the check engine code though...why a 4???I did not touch the crank casing or anything near the crank sensor..do these things blow out???

And the a/f doenst drop to nil until after the 3500 mark..before then everything is normal
Old 01-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason the A/F doesn't change till 3500 is probably because this is when the turbo starts to spool up. If you add more air withoout adding aditional fuel you are going to run lean. VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!! It is ok to run rich but running lean is a bad thing. I still think you need to look for a vacuum leak. I can tell you a way to check for a vacuum leak but it is very dangerous. So if you do it you are doing it at your own risk. Get a can of starter fluid. ligtly spray aroung joints or parts that you removed. If the engine bogs down when you spray it, then you have found your leak. Good spot to try is around the throttle body. If you get nothing the next thing I would check is your fuel delivery system something is preventing you from getting additional fuel. Reset your ECU first other wise your car will be running in safe mode. If the light stays on after you reset then I would say you have a faulty sensor.

[Modified by nsxxtreme, 5:27 AM 1/13/2002]
Old 01-12-2002, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (nsxxtreme)

yeah nsxxtreme has a good idea , i use wd40 but as long as it is flamable it will work and allso try traceing you fuel delivery, make sure you didnt inadvertanly kink a fuel line or something simple like that. sometimes its the little ****! But yeah it does sound like a big *** vacuum leak. good luck brotha, keep us informed on your quest to get you **** running right!

heres one on me!
Old 01-12-2002, 08:39 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (rjardy)

Sounds like a vacuum leak.That explains why the boost guage is off (or reading wrong) and why the engine would run lean because the fmu will not see boost (or very little)thus not operating properly and causing a lean condition.Triple check all the connections make sure there is no leaks and make sure all hoses are connected good.Other then that i don't know because you already checked the fuel pump.good luck
Old 01-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (5gen-hybrid)

Which O2 sensor are your wrapping up? If its the secondary because you have an OBDII then thats cool But if its the primary then..that's your problem, lol.

I have a funny fealing that you have a messed up primary O2 sensor. Try replacing it. Mine had the same problem, it would be normal under low RPM but at around 3K it would BOG, then all of a sudden, i'd get a SURGE of power. Really wierd stuff.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (5gen-hybrid)

How can you put Jesus and four letter words in the same sentence, not religious but cmon use some goddamn common sense
Old 01-12-2002, 10:23 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (Racing Hartless)

How can you put Jesus and four letter words in the same sentence, not religious but cmon use some goddamn common sense
Oh, and what you said is OK? Let's stay on topic.

I think personally you are either running out of fuel pressure, or you are not getting enough fuel for some reason.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:28 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (Racing Hartless)

? what the **** is a word?? who gives a **** about what ******* letters you put together in the same goddamn sentence you piece of ****....you dont even ******* know Jesus is real....shut the **** up. Dont put four letter words in the same sentence as Dru.....stupid ***
Old 01-12-2002, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (IntegD)

if he is real ..........with a mouth like that i dont think you guys would be real good freinds! Any how this isnt a religiouse discusion board. think internal combustion and all will be well!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:36 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (BG Boost)

Which O2 sensor are your wrapping up? If its the secondary because you have an OBDII then thats cool But if its the primary then..that's your problem, lol.

I have a funny fealing that you have a messed up primary O2 sensor. Try replacing it. Mine had the same problem, it would be normal under low RPM but at around 3K it would BOG, then all of a sudden, i'd get a SURGE of power. Really wierd stuff.
thats not what my car is doing...at 3500 RPM my car is like hitting a "rev limiter" it bogs down and wont go any further...my car is a 94, OBD I, their is only one o2 sensor, and it was wrapped AFTER THIS PROBLEM already occured...im getting NO surge of power, and I dont understand this checking for a vaccum leak, if i spray the WD40 and my engine bogs, then it is a vaccum leak??? my motor will bog regardless....and can someone explain me throwing a code 4????thanks for the ideas, I hope to figure this out.

and for the jesus ****, sorry if it offended anyone, just pissed off, you know it..
Old 01-12-2002, 10:38 PM
New User

oh yea, I can boost 5psi before 3500 in 4th and 5th gear...
Old 01-12-2002, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah as for the wd 40 thing i mentioned earlier, if ther is a leak the vacume will draw the wd into the combustion chamber and it will chang the speed of idel bye geting more fuel(the wd-40) dont just stand over your engine and openly spray, get down where **** bolts together like throttle body , head and all your vacume connections. oh yeah when we say spray, dont put it directly into the intake or anything like that, just were things could leak.............you get it right?

[Modified by rjardy, 11:54 PM 1/12/2002]
Old 01-12-2002, 10:58 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (rjardy)

Just a thought but can anyone here question if the wastegate is a problem in this guys situation??? The spring being a lower rate? Just a thought since that hasn't been mentioned.. Not to sure myself since I run a greddy turbo but just offering a suggestion for his dilema.

Nick
Old 01-12-2002, 11:56 PM
New User

Default Re: JESUS ****....just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! (boost killz)

i tried turning up the boost..and then turning down the boost...in case too much fuel, or not enough fuel for the boost...
Old 01-12-2002, 11:56 PM

Ok... I have seen your exact symptoms before, including the 3500 rpm "rev limiter". In both cases it was fuel delivery related. First time - friend installed a DRAG Gen 3 on his 94 teg and kinked the fuel line from the stock regulator to the Vortech fmu. Car drove ok at low load, no boost conditions but but hit a wall at ~3.5K rpms under load... Second time on my own Gen 3 GSR, some fucknut at an audio/alarm shop *accidentally* cut the fuel pump wire tapped into the main relay under the dash. I didn't even notice anything was wrong until I nailed it a few blocks later on my way home... same 3500 rpm "rev limiter" deal...like the engine just couldn't rev cuz it was running way too lean. Not trying to dis or anything, but are you absolutely sure that either the vortech fmu and fuel pump are connected/wired properly? In your earlier post you said you swapped fmus w/ your friend...maybe swapping fuel pumps would be a good idea as well. Make sure none of the fuel lines are kinked or squashed...my buddies fuel line didnt look that bad but really restricted the flow. As for your boost gauge not reading vacuum, unless the gauge is busted, the only way it would not read vacuum is if it is hooked up before the throttle plate. Where did you hook it up? Did you tee into the stock fpr line? Is your Vortech fmu teed into this same line? If the Vortech does not get a signal it will not supply additional fuel under boost and the engine wont rev either...

Quick Reply: just installed drag turbo..and it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!