Notices

just inst: uber:bad idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just inst: uber:bad idle

i just put in my uberdata in. im throwing no cells.
runs fine when you are in the gas but when i let off it drops down real low like its trying to shut off. then once at ilde it fluctates slowly. should i bump up my fuel. im am stumped on this one.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: just inst: uber:bad idle (jdm.ej)

oh yeah i also just put in new spark plugs.. ngk 3330 and set the gap at 28. my friend has a civic and thats what he's running.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

post a map, also try uberdata.pgmfi.org

Old 11-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what injectors you running and did you re-map the fuel map for the proper injector size?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: just inst: uber:bad idle (non-VTEC)

i had a guy from here send me the programed chip to me. i told him everything i had. im running 550cc. when you give it gas it like its bogging but then its gets and go.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 PM

sounds a little on the rich side. Uberdata has a way of making your idle not so nice. Sometimes it will idle up and down, just a little tuning is need to clean it up, but even then it can still be a pain in the butt.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Classic uberdata problem. The cold weather is making my idle start to act up again even after being extensively tuned. Get a wideband on it if you want it to run nice.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: (nonvtecD)

im just going to say the hell with it and folk out the money for hondata
Old 11-14-2005, 03:05 PM

I wouldn't do that just yet. Let it run on your car for a little bit. I also notice that it goes away sometimes.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you fork out money for anything it should be a wideband so you can tune your own car...
Old 11-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

having "some guy" burn you a basemap for a tune with larger injectors is not gonna work with uberdata, crome, hondata or anything else for that matter.

you should be tuning it yourself. even if you plug in the proper injector sizes into uberdata it still needs ALOT of tuning to get it just to idle right......

Old 11-14-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: (jdm.ej)

im going to ride it out for about 2 weeks untile i get the money for hondata. if it dont change or i cant fix im buying a for sure thing. i got way too much money in this car to go cheap with the most important thing in the car. i dunno i hope your right because im a broke mother fu****..
Old 11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Find a tuner around you to tune the car for way cheaper than Hondata costs, seriously, if you're strapped for cash this is the obvious choice.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just because uberdata is free doesnt mean that its crap...
Old 11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

even if u get hondata u still might have the same problems. hondata is just a basemap, u will need to get it tuned. save ur money and tune the car with uberdata. see if anyone in ur area tunes uberdata! a basemap is only meant for u to get the car up and running and to get the car on the dyno or even street tuned. u should never boost or run the car hard on a basemap or else KABOOOOOOM!
Old 11-14-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: (jdm.ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm.ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im going to ride it out for about 2 weeks untile i get the money for hondata. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Arrrg... Hondata will do the exact same thing. If you want to blow some money for Hondata and have the same exact idle, then go for it .

Once you find a tuner, the idle can be fixed in a few minutes. Idle is not something you "excessively tune." With uberdata, it only takes a few minutes to get the idle right.

And if your basemap is right, you can boost as hard as you want to - basemaps are not dangerous, they are meant to run excessively rich with excessive timing pulled. You won't risk engine damage (maybe slight ring wash...), you'll just waste gas and have a lot less power than you should have.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: (EnzoSpeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And if your basemap is right, you can boost as hard as you want to - basemaps are not dangerous, they are meant to run excessively rich with excessive timing pulled. You won't risk engine damage (maybe slight ring wash...), you'll just waste gas and have a lot less power than you should have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, I wouldn't recommend doing that. Ask a few people who have tried doing that and have blown their motors. A properly made basemap gets you to the tuner, nothing more.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow, I wouldn't recommend doing that. Ask a few people who have tried doing that and have blown their motors. A properly made basemap gets you to the tuner, nothing more. </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly. if u boost on a basemap ur just asking for trouble. who knows what fuel pressure the car is running, if timing is set right on the motor, etc? these things will be taken care of when the car gets tuned.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And if your basemap is right, you can boost as hard as you want to - basemaps are not dangerous, they are meant to run excessively rich with excessive timing pulled. You won't risk engine damage (maybe slight ring wash...), you'll just waste gas and have a lot less power than you should have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Every basemap I have ever run on is incredibly lean in upper RPM's, even the ones that I added tons of fuel to.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonvtecD)

listen to these guys. if you expect to put a basemap in and have everything run perfectly you are sadly mistaken. your problem is probably something that could be quickly fixed with tuning. get that thing to a tuner and im sure it will work out nicely.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: (dpetro1)

once you get a wideband and begin tuning yourself, you may want to try crome instead... seems to be a bit more stable than uber...

i'm running uber now, but am gonna switch to crome due to cold-start idling issues... too bad you can't datalog w/o getting crome pro.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pgpunkguy)

Sorry i was editing my post. That may be why it looked like a debate. What it was going to say -

In my experiences basemap for basemap, i had better luck with crome, my car ran great on it, and if you don't have a wideband and basic tuning knowledge, i would refrain from boosting the car. I'm just saying give it a try, if u have a chip burner, there are other options out there that you may like.

Modified by kuja at 3:47 PM 11/15/2005
Old 11-15-2005, 10:24 AM

OK I am just going to say this. DO NOT turn this into a crome vs uberdata arguement. There are PLUSES to BOTH sides. Saying one is better than the other is garbage. There are certain aspects of each that are nice to use.

Uber has everything crome does, it is just spread into a couple versions.

Compile them all into the new version and you have a pretty decent new uberdata hopefully coming out, if blake ever decides to work on it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgpunkguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once you get a wideband and begin tuning yourself, you may want to try crome instead... seems to be a bit more stable than uber...

i'm running uber now, but am gonna switch to crome due to cold-start idling issues... too bad you can't datalog w/o getting crome pro. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You may want to look into the new fuel modifiers.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

I find with larger injectors you need to bump up the idle a little bit and advance the timing. I am running 750cc and I have to idle at 1K RPM or it will die. I also have my timming at idle advanced to 22* on a 9:1CR 85MM engine. You can also bump up the moving idle (I have mine at 1,400 RPM).
Old 11-15-2005, 01:58 PM

NO NO NO!! This is the worst piece of advice I think I have ever read on Honda-Tech. DO NOT DO THIS! Base maps are made for an individual to drive to a tuner and nothing more. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, go directly to a tuner and don't boost along the way. A base map is a startup, idle, and drive gently to a tuner map, NOT a beat the living **** out of your car, its just a little rich map.

Quick Reply: just inst: uber:bad idle