Notices

JRSC Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 05:10 AM
Hites

Default JRSC Questions.

these questions should be easy for the usual fi expert to answer, so dont get an ulcer from over-thinking . here they are:

whats the most psi you can safely run on 91 octane? 93 octane?
how much boost can you safely push on the stock internals of a b18b?
how much more stress on the engine will 8 psi over 6 psi put on the engine?

all of the above questions are assuming decent fuel management and not running the hell out of the engine.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Hites

Default Re: JRSC Questions. (Hites)

sky high
Old 10-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Hites

nobody knows?
Old 10-29-2003, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TRY Hostboard.com under cars trucks and hotrods. then under forced induction you will find more JRSC friendly people over there. If you want to talk to people here buy a turbo. Just food for thought
Old 10-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Hites

Default Re: JRSC Questions. (intercooledJRSC)

already got it up on hostboard, but thanks for being the first to post .
Old 10-29-2003, 02:10 PM

Most folks with the LS kit have been running 9psi for more than a year quite fine. I myself have eclipsed the 72k mile mark (boosted miles that is) on my GSR, with a total of 86k miles. I ran 55k miles at 6psi, and 17k miles at 10psi so far. I have done a decent amount of racing with my car and hard driving and it has held up quite well. I always use 93 Octane and most importantly my head when I drive my car.

As for your post on Hostboard, you threw a lot of variables out there at once for folks to really digest and answer for you. It appears that a lot of the LS guys have answered most of your questions though.

I know this isnt what you are looking for but HONESTLY, I would get a Turbo Kit rather than the supercharger for your car. The LS just does not compare to the GSR with the Supercharger. A friend of mine put a Drag Gen III kit on his 96 LS Integra and I was only able to put half a car length on him at the same boost level (6psi). With all the stuff you "plan" on doing from reading your first post, you could be well on your way to 240+whp with a turbo, rather than sitting on a 5000 dollar 200-210whp setup with the supercharger. The turbo charger does cause more headaches to the novice modifier but if you read, listen, and educate yourself and be responsible, there is no reason why a turbo wont last you a long time.

Some of my LS counterparts might get mad at this statement, but its a fact. You wanna run low 14's with the supercharger or mid 13's with the turbo?

Modified by CROM at 7:39 PM 10/29/2003
Old 10-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Hites

Default Re: JRSC Questions. (CROM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CROM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most folks with the LS kit have been running 9psi for more than a year quite fine. I myself have eclipsed the 72k mile mark (boosted miles that is) on my GSR, with a total of 86k miles. I ran 55k miles at 6psi, and 17k miles at 10psi so far. I have done a decent amount of racing with my car and hard driving and it has held up quite well. I always use 93 Octane and most importantly my head when I drive my car.

As for your post on Hostboard, you threw a lot of variables out there at once for folks to really digest and answer for you. It appears that a lot of the LS guys have answered most of your questions though.

I know this isnt what you are looking for but HONESTLY, I would get a Turbo Kit rather than the supercharger for your car. The LS just does not compare to the GSR with the Supercharger. A friend of mine put a Drag Gen III kit on his 96 LS Integra and I was only able to put half a car length on him at the same boost level (6psi). With all the stuff you "plan" on doing from reading your first post, you could be well on your way to 240+whp with a turbo, rather than sitting on a 5000 dollar 200-210whp setup with the supercharger. The turbo charger does cause more headaches to the novice modifier but if you read, listen, and educate yourself and be responsible, there is no reason why a turbo wont last you a long time.

Some of my LS counterparts might get mad at this statement, but its a fact. You wanna run low 14's with the supercharger or mid 13's with the turbo?

Modified by CROM at 7:39 PM 10/29/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know, a turbo is much more beneficial than a sc on an ls. i was at first looking for a jrsc, then i was pulled over into the turbo world because of the above stated fact. i did TONS of research, but it seemed to never end and i was simply overwhelmed and found that i was not technically inclined enough to tango with a turbo. i then went back to a jrsc and i now have a complete kit with plenty of goodies for an awesome price, plus i got rid of my old engine through the trade which i couldnt even give to anyone ( MUCH more garage space). i like to work every possible angle to try and know as much as i can in any situation (better safe than sorry). im not looking for a "serious" race setup; im just looking for something that i can have "fun" with. if you were to know me like most of my closest personal friends, youd know that im just a big goof who could care less if he wins... just as long as i have a good time doin it. im more of an autocrosser myself (not serious/competitive, because i would be bumped up a class with a fi setup ), and i pride myself in my ability in the curves more than the straights (ie. autox vs drag ). another reason im going the sc route is because i LOVE the instant boost from a sc that even the smallest turbo setups ive found (2500 rpm peak boost) cant satisfy like a sc can. ive got a jrsc and im going to stick with it. i hope this clears up why ive chosen the path i have, and i expect you to counter with very good reasons why i should choose a turbo .
Old 10-29-2003, 06:19 PM

CROM - good post.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:16 AM
Hites

Default Re: JRSC Questions. (CROM)

is there any truth in this:
"a sc'd car with a manual transmission will cause more damage than a sc'd car with an automatic transmission, because under normal driving, the automatic wont rev as high and thus, will not produce as much peak boost as the manual that is revved to/near redline in every gear."

makes sense, but is it true?
Old 10-30-2003, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hites &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there any truth in this:
"a sc'd car with a manual transmission will cause more damage than a sc'd car with an automatic transmission, because under normal driving, the automatic wont rev as high and thus, will not produce as much peak boost as the manual that is revved to/near redline in every gear."

makes sense, but is it true?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I suppose it makes sense, but tell me what automatic car dosen't rev to it's redline when pushed hard? I know all the automatics I can recall beating would shift at the redline themselves, including my friend's S/C'd Grand Am GT.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't forget that some auto motors have less aggressive cams, so less power there. Also, Honda autos are notoriously weak after a power increase.