Notices

JRSC Alternator Pully HELP

Old 06-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Alternator Pully HELP

So some of you might have seen my earlier thread...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1264517

Heres the deal. Tonight i tried to start my car to come home from class and the noise i was hearing got 3X as loud. I stopped the car and seen the blower pully came off. I jacked up the car and then realized the alternator pully was LOOSE. In fact, the bolt came completely off. I dont know where it is.... haha. ANyway, this is what my 6lb alternator pully looks like.

Is it ok to reinstall???

What did i do wrong on installation?

Is there a spacer between the pully and the altenator?

The alternator was hitting the pully and i guess grinded it enough to where the bolt came loose and fell off.

Please help me.

Anyone know what sixe bolt i need for the alternator pully?? haha I lost mine =0[

Thanks so much everyone!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC Alternator Pully HELP (debogsr)

When you tighten the pulley down, make sure it doesn't rub and that it spins freely.

When I bolted the nose pulley on my JRSC I realized it was rubbing like your alt pulley is. What I did was cut a piece of copper piping about 1/8" wide and used it at a spacer. Worked like a charm.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow!!! it fell right off huh?

hows the threading? how was the pulley put on in the first place? hand tightened maybe? if you want it in the right way......................zap that sucker in.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC Alternator Pully HELP (spidermancivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you tighten the pulley down, make sure it doesn't rub and that it spins freely.

When I bolted the nose pulley on my JRSC I realized it was rubbing like your alt pulley is. What I did was cut a piece of copper piping about 1/8" wide and used it at a spacer. Worked like a charm.</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what i was thinking, but wont that throw the pully allignment out of wack????

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spidermancivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow!!! it fell right off huh?

hows the threading? how was the pulley put on in the first place? hand tightened maybe? if you want it in the right way......................zap that sucker in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guessed it. I had a belt (that i normally wear) and some vice grips and i used that as a clamp, and grabbed my 3/8th socket wrench and torqued it down as tight as i could. Im going to get an impact gun for this time. Thanks for the replys guys.

Should i get the new 22 mm bolt from Honda??? or will any bolt due? Is it a special Lock Bolt?

Thanks again
Old 06-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as long as the threading is still good, the bolt is still good.

PS: dont use those swap meet zappers to do the job. you can always take the alternator to autozone and have them zap it in for free
Old 06-03-2005, 02:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by debogsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thats what i was thinking, but wont that throw the pully allignment out of wack???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used a belt sander and kept sanding the spacer down until it was barely wide enough to keep the pulley from rubbing, but not wide enough to throw off the belt alignment.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: JRSC Alternator Pully HELP (EnzoSpeed)

I had the same thing happen to me .........I had to buy a new alt pulley and had a alt. shop impact it on for me..no problems in over a year