JG Engine Dynamics Intake manifold or Skunk2 ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JG Engine Dynamics Intake manifold or Skunk2 ????

should i keep the skunk2 on, or slap the JG on? using a stock gsr head

set up is:

GSR block stock sleeves bored to 81.5
LS crank micropolished
Crower LS Rods
Wiseco 10:1 Flat top turbo pistons
GE headgasket
GE Oil Squirter Plugs
Stock GSR head GSR cams
Skunk2 Pro-Series Intake Manifold
CC-FAB Chuck Norris Mini Ram Manifold
3in Open Downpipe
Precision 600hp Intercooler
2.5in Intercooler piping
Precision 780cc Injectors
Precision SC6152 S-housing / .63 exhaust
Competition Clutches Stage 5
Neptune will be tuned by Tony1

shooting for 400-440whp on 93 pump gas
Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

anyone have an opinion.... on this old school OG *** manifold
Old 12-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: JG Engine Dynamics Intake manifold or Skunk2 ???? (tannerLSt)

I've always wanted to try one of those JG Engine Dynamics manifolds. Supposedly, they flow very good.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: JG Engine Dynamics Intake manifold or Skunk2 ???? (gogunkergorilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gogunkergorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've always wanted to try one of those JG Engine Dynamics manifolds. Supposedly, they flow very good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i'm kinda thinking not too many people have had experience with these manifolds... i've heard people say they flow better than JG Edelbrocks but who knows... i got a super sweet deal on it... so i couldn't pass it up...

if i use the skunk manifold this will be up for sale...
Old 12-09-2007, 06:49 PM
* B A N N E D *

mine flowed like ****

refer to the intake manifold test that brad form RLZ did...mines in it
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (boosted94cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted94cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine flowed like ****

refer to the intake manifold test that brad form RLZ did...mines in it</TD></TR></TABLE>

link?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep the skunk and save some $$ since u already have it....440 is soooo achievable with the skunk especially on the setups n tune!!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (mighty137)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mighty137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Keep the skunk and save some $$ since u already have it....440 is soooo achievable with the skunk especially on the setups n tune!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i all ready have BOTH thats why i was looking for someone with some experience with these
Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

anyone else have input they would like to share
Old 12-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just for design standpoint...

the jg has a bigger plenum...better for boost...whereas the skunk2 is slighty smaller in volumne...but would probably get a slighty flatter torque curve across the range w/ longer runners

also you could go bigger on the TB w/ the jg if you wanted to also...

i peronally think the jg would work better under boost and the skunk2 would be better out of boost...so off the line grunt for the dd
Old 12-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (boosted94cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted94cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine flowed like ****

refer to the intake manifold test that brad form RLZ did...mines in it</TD></TR></TABLE>

brad also said the gsr head version killed the b16 head version from what i remember
Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Casey)

I have the victorx and it made a big difference in top-end over my blox manifold which is similar to skunk. Mid-range is nice to have but if you're like me and prefer top-end then go with the JG.

Since you have both, why not test them both!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (Casey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

brad also said the gsr head version killed the b16 head version from what i remember</TD></TR></TABLE>

meaning what? the gsr version was way better?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (champLSinteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by champLSinteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the victorx and it made a big difference in top-end over my blox manifold which is similar to skunk. Mid-range is nice to have but if you're like me and prefer top-end then go with the JG.

Since you have both, why not test them both! </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is nothing like the victor X
Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tannerLSt)

i would keep the skunk2, your not gonna rev the **** out of your so it will let you keep your mid range.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: (qfast817)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumking15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just for design standpoint...

the jg has a bigger plenum...better for boost...whereas the skunk2 is slighty smaller in volumne...but would probably get a slighty flatter torque curve across the range w/ longer runners

also you could go bigger on the TB w/ the jg if you wanted to also...

i peronally think the jg would work better under boost and the skunk2 would be better out of boost...so off the line grunt for the dd</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qfast817 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would keep the skunk2, your not gonna rev the **** out of your so it will let you keep your mid range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe the JG manifold uses the stock runners with a larger plenum so midrange is not compromised for high rpm power. At least not as much as a full sheet metal manifold like the Golden Eagle or Venom.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (gogunkergorilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gogunkergorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I believe the JG manifold uses the stock runners with a larger plenum so midrange is not compromised for high rpm power. At least not as much as a full sheet metal manifold like the Golden Eagle or Venom.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes the jg uses the stock flange and runners... believe the runners are ported though
Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (champLSinteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by champLSinteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the victorx and it made a big difference in top-end over my blox manifold which is similar to skunk. Mid-range is nice to have but if you're like me and prefer top-end then go with the JG.

Since you have both, why not test them both! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree 100%. ive got the blox and my torque suffers above 7000 causing my power to not icnrease as much as it could. sell the skunk and rock that jg
Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (blackeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i agree 100%. ive got the blox and my torque suffers above 7000 causing my power to not icnrease as much as it could. sell the skunk and rock that jg </TD></TR></TABLE>

how do you know it suffers if you haven't tried a different manifold... again i'm using a stock head... so rev limit will be stock...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should measure plenum volume's and compare the two manifolds...and get some measurements on the ports and port lengths....

so whats the tb size on the jg? 60? id at least run a 65mm tb and have it port matched

also since you do have these in hand...can you take some better pics of the inside of the jg...see how the flow would travel etc...
Old 12-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (drumking15)

lol jeff evans told me so. in comparison to other setups he has tuned similar to mine
Old 12-11-2007, 03:09 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Default Re: (drumking15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumking15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should measure plenum volume's and compare the two manifolds...and get some measurements on the ports and port lengths....

so whats the tb size on the jg? 60? id at least run a 65mm tb and have it port matched

also since you do have these in hand...can you take some better pics of the inside of the jg...see how the flow would travel etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>
the tb inlet looks LARGE , around 70mm , haven't measured it yet...
Old 12-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JG Engine Dynamics Intake manifold or Skunk2 ???? (tannerLSt)

IF you plan on keeping it at 400-440WHP...I would use the Skunk manifold to keep the velocity up, helping you build some better torque down low but if you are going to make more than that I would go with the JG manifold. You know once you make the 400-440WHP...you are going to want more power. So its really up to you. I did a comparison test between the Victor X and the performer X manifold and with all variable being equal (within my control) like timing, boost,fuel, etc. The Perfomer X made much better down low power and torque without sacrifice top end but like I said ealier...if you plan on making more power than that, you will need a bigger manifold.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:05 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

oh well.... sold the JG 5 minutes ago

skunk2 FTW
Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gogunkergorilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gogunkergorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I believe the JG manifold uses the stock runners with a larger plenum so midrange is not compromised for high rpm power. At least not as much as a full sheet metal manifold like the Golden Eagle or Venom.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Don't know where you got this info from, but I for damn sure know that GE's manifold isn't sheet metal. I also have a quick ?, wouldn't you want a bigger manifold for turbo?

Quick Reply: JG Engine Dynamics Intake manifold or Skunk2 ????