Notices

Intercooler for a JRSC???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler for a JRSC???

If any of you guys out there have any websites for companies that sell intercoolers for the JRSC... please leave links. I am looking to put the intercooler on a JRSC for a 94-2001 Integra GSR... however, it doesn't matter if they make a Intercooler for that application-- but if they do, that'd be great!!

Please leave links for companies that sell an Intercooler for the JRSC... Thanks
Old 05-05-2003, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Intercooler for a JRSC??? (92TEGsrSC)

seach and yee shall find...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=470572
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=485097
Old 05-06-2003, 12:27 PM

Thanks for the help... Actually, I've already done some research on the LHT product.. I'm wondering if there are any other companies out there. I want to compare their product to other patents around and make sure they have the best price and product around before I drop 1300$.... If anyone knows of any websites that sell Intercoolers for JRSC's (other than LHT) please leave the links on this post... Thanks a lot guys
Old 05-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (92TEGsrSC)

out of all of the research that i've done, John's is the only one that seems worth my while. there was a kit awhile ago that involved an external air-water intercooler and they modified the manifold for 2" hoses coming in and out, but in my opinion this seemed kinda half-assed and quite inefficient. i'm sure if you see the quality of LHT's manifold you will see why it costs a little bit. i dont even want to know how much time it takes to build one. also keep in mind the amount of design time he has into this. i dont blame him for charging $1000.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.teamklr.com
Old 05-06-2003, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Intercooler for a JRSC??? (Jeff C)

How would you compare the products of teamklr and LHT? I can't even seem to find any details on the research done by teamklr... does anyone have any information to share about TeamKLR?
Old 05-07-2003, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats the thing, they have not dynoed it yet. Contact intercooledJRSC, he is the father of this kit and he has one on his car.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the info, Jeff-- anyone else have anything to say FOR or AGAINST these two companies and their Intercooler for the JRSC??? Leave Comments HERE
Old 05-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92TEGsrSC)

the LHT IC looks the best to me because it allows you to keep the stock mounting points and it takes up the same amount of space that the JR original manifold does. The IC cores that LHT uses are the most efficient cores available so you wont find any better cooling on any other IC.
I am somewhat biased because LHT does all the work on my car, but that is also a good thing because I have seen the work first hand and it is fantastic. I dont work for John, nor do I get any kick backs from promoting his work. I just call em as I see em, and his work is second to none.

scott
Old 05-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Intercooler for a JRSC??? (Jeff C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeff C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.teamklr.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the one that i was talking about in my post above. i've gotten some closeup pics of the LHT manifold and it looks extremely durable and the overall design looks really efficient. personally i dont see how the KLR could be as good as the LHT. part of what i dont like is the limited information that is available for the KLR one. its been out for awhile so i'm kind of suspicious of how "secret" they are. also i've talked to john a lot and he seems like a good guy and knows what he's doing. he's had many different designs that he's tried so he knows whats possible and what works the best. as stated by the other poster above, i dont have anything to do with john or the selling of his products. i'm just another JRSC consumer looking for the best way to cool the intake charge.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Intercooler for a JRSC??? (keebler65)

thanks for all the feedback-- I've already talked with John and he does seem like he know what he's doing-- and yes-- it is a little erie how limited the information is about the teamKLR kit is. I've tried to speak with the owner of that company and he didn't seem to have much data other than intake temps to back up his word-- and when I requested additional information via email (as he told me to) I haven't received any reply. Everything I've heard from you guys above has clarified what I was beginning to think... LHT is the way to go... Thanks guys