Notices

Installing Injector Clips - Help Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Injector Clips - Help Needed!!!

My car is a '97 Civic LX with D16Y7. I am installing new injectors with new clips. So I got to the part of taking everything out, put the new injectors into place. Now, the new injector clips I have are just the clips with two wires coming out of the other end. I have the old injector clips with two wires also coming out of the end, still on my car. How do I connect the new injector clips?

Do I just cut the wires to the old clips and splice the wires of the new clips onto them? Please Help!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Installing Injector Clips - Help Needed!!! (Dan_the_MaN)

Ok, I just read a thread about splicing wires, so I went ahead and did that. Now I am having a problem with a fuel leak. I installed the injectors and reassembled everything back together. I made everything extra tight as well. When I start my car, fuel start leaking out at the top of the fuel rail. I think its at the fuel return line connection. I tightened it and it still leaks fuel. The car starts, but it sounds like its about to die. When I press the throttle, nothing happens. I am guessing its because there is no fuel pressure. The fuel spills out when I turn the key two clicks as well, the click right before you start the engine.

Do you think the injectors are not working?
I reassembled the fuel rail wrong?
Suggestions?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:45 AM

What kind of injectors do you have?

Did the injectors come with the rubber o-rings? Don't install them without the o-rings.

Did the injectors fit snug in the fuel rail. Usually with aftermarket injectors, the rubber o-rings are usually a little too big which causes them not to fit into the fuel rail properly.

DAN

Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dan_the_MaN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I made everything extra tight as well. When I start my car, fuel start leaking out at the top of the fuel rail. I think its at the fuel return line connection. I tightened it and it still leaks fuel. The car starts, but it sounds like its about to die. When I press the throttle, nothing happens. I am guessing its because there is no fuel pressure. </TD></TR></TABLE>

did you put the washers back on either side of the fuel feed banjo fitting?

can you post a picture showing where it leaks from?

did you re-tune your car for these injectors (assuming they're bigger than you had before)?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Installing Injector Clips - Help Needed!!! (notoriousB)

Ya, I bought a chipped ecu from phearable.net with the bigger injector size as specs. I put all the washers back in. The fuel feed banjo, what is this? If your talking about the main fuel line going into the fuel rail, then yes, I did put two washers back into it. I'll post up some pics soon.