Notices

is InlinePRO manifold same as eBay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is InlinePRO manifold same as eBay?

They look nearly identical if not 100% identical. Does anybody know for sure?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: is InlinePRO manifold same as eBay?

no, they aren't. the main differences are in the quality of iron used and the internal design. a real inline is knife edged on the inside where the runners meet and the QC is consistent. the blox is the best copy of the inline but you need an adapter with it to fit the WG which makes it not all too much less than the inline. basically a $100 difference.

this is an iron inline pro close up

http://www.turboinstall.net/resource...ds/inline-pro/

everything from runner consistency to the grade of metal used is spot on. very common to see one of these manifolds go 10+ years. cheap iron will crack

the cast stainless inline is even stronger still, doesn't rust and make a great option if you are not going to ceramic coat the iron
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

worth the lil extra $$
Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you for the information.

If there is a difference in the grade of metal, then I guess it is worth the extra money.

I looked at all three : eBay, inlinePRO, and Blox. They ALL look to me like they are coming from the same factory. 100% identical on the outside. The eBay manifold does have slightly rougher port outlines (on the inside) but it is easily fixable with a grinding bit.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

No... Not at ALL the same. The inline Pro is a cast iron nickel with steel in it, while the others are just a cast nickle iron compound. The INline pro standard manifold is really more to fit Garrett-style turbos with 5 bolt ford style turbine housings, or those that use a smaller T04b compressor cover. This is based upon the angle of the T3 turbine inlet flange.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the most power made on an inline manifold?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Inlinepro manifolds blow away ebay manifolds . It isnt even close !
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MR.johnson
whats the most power made on an inline manifold?
Have seen a few high 700 hp cars rock the inline t4 manifold
Old 01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
No... Not at ALL the same. The inline Pro is a cast iron nickel with steel in it, while the others are just a cast nickle iron compound. The INline pro standard manifold is really more to fit Garrett-style turbos with 5 bolt ford style turbine housings, or those that use a smaller T04b compressor cover. This is based upon the angle of the T3 turbine inlet flange.
something else i noticed about the inline is it's the only cast manifold i've seen that does not require notching the block to fit an E cover. while true, the B cover obviously would fit easier
Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by racebum
something else i noticed about the inline is it's the only cast manifold i've seen that does not require notching the block to fit an E cover. while true, the B cover obviously would fit easier
Only if you have a 5 bolt turbine housing. Otherwise, you gotta grind away.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the eBay special $70 cast manifold which has a minor DIY port work - basically just gasket matching on the runners, turbocharger flange, and wastegate flange.

I have decided to do major DIY port work on this manifold and try to achieve the 400 hp mark. Even though manifold port work is not even necessary for 400 hp.

I have been looking at name brand manifolds, but I don't know if it is worth the money for my power goals. Especially considering I would need a new downpipe, dumptube, and possibly oil lines with a different manifold.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the inline pro t4 cast manifold is the best bang for the buck at only 450 it can support upward of 800hp. I believe matt keller used this manifold years ago.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In my opinion inline pro manifold is the best log manifold. I made 410whp using the T3 version. Could of possibly made more but my fuel pump was about to max out :/. Also I never had any boost creep issues at all with this manifold. I used to run the revhard manifold and that thing was a headache.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rexload
Thank you for the information.

If there is a difference in the grade of metal, then I guess it is worth the extra money.

I looked at all three : eBay, inlinePRO, and Blox. They ALL look to me like they are coming from the same factory. 100% identical on the outside. The eBay manifold does have slightly rougher port outlines (on the inside) but it is easily fixable with a grinding bit.
fit is the other thing you have to keep in mind. blox requires the WG adapter, the ebay manifolds often require this AND in some cases won't fit the dipstick tube correctly. imo blox is the only other cast manifold worth looking at and with the added cost of that adapter you're within $100 of the inlinepro. there is also a LOT more testing and combos having been done on the inlinepro. while we know blox copied it, what's not known is how well they copied it

also if you call inline and offer 375 for the manifold and say i have a card ready if you'll do free shipping. 99% chance they will take your offer. they did with me when i tried and i received the advice from another who did
Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what I am getting from all this is that my $70 manifold can support up to 800hp... nice!

If the only major difference is the runner size consistency, I can just grab a carbide bit and a grind and measure until all four runners are perfect.

Fitment is not a problem. The eBay manifold fits the dipstick and there is inches of clearance around the turbo.

As for the difference in the quality of the metal, I'm not really planning on putting 100,000 miles on this car... so I'm not sure that long-term durability is even a concern.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No your Ebay $70 cast mani will not support any where near 800hp. The exhaust flow will choke the mani with to much back pressure effecting turbo performance and increasing heat, not good. I have a Ebay cast mani that I may use and it looks like a ok mani at best, WG placement and exhaust flow to WG is poorly designed, this will cause boost kcreep under higher boost. Ports look like *** and need porting. A ram, horn or mini ram like the ones from Goautoworks or SP are good for 800hp, many other out there as well.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what I am getting from all this is that my $70 manifold can support up to 800hp... nice!

If the only major difference is the runner size consistency, I can just grab a carbide bit and a grind and measure until all four runners are perfect.

Fitment is not a problem. The eBay manifold fits the dipstick and there is inches of clearance around the turbo.

As for the difference in the quality of the metal, I'm not really planning on putting 100,000 miles on this car... so I'm not sure that long-term durability is even a concern.
ask yourself why the entire thread said the same thing about inlinepro.

we do not get paid by them

we do not have anything to gain

why would everyone have the same tune?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is like the 8th post in the same week where people have come on to post about something they bought to find out if it was good or not, people with knowledge about the subject matter say the product is junk and recommend a suitable alternative, and the OP turns around and says "well what i bought will be good enough for me!" Do the rest of the world a favor and don't ask people on a forum whether your ebay crap is crap if your just gonna ignore everything that is said about it.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spawne32
This is like the 8th post in the same week where people have come on to post about something they bought to find out if it was good or not, people with knowledge about the subject matter say the product is junk and recommend a suitable alternative, and the OP turns around and says "well what i bought will be good enough for me!" Do the rest of the world a favor and don't ask people on a forum whether your ebay crap is crap if your just gonna ignore everything that is said about it.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spawne32
Exactly.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nealnanoHX
No your Ebay $70 cast mani will not support any where near 800hp. The exhaust flow will choke the mani with to much back pressure effecting turbo performance and increasing heat, not good. I have a Ebay cast mani that I may use and it looks like a ok mani at best, WG placement and exhaust flow to WG is poorly designed, this will cause boost kcreep under higher boost. Ports look like *** and need porting. A ram, horn or mini ram like the ones from Goautoworks or SP are good for 800hp, many other out there as well.
Maybe we aren't talking about the same manifold. I am talking about the eBay manifold that is the same exact design as inlinePRO and has the same exact wastegate placement.

Originally Posted by racebum
ask yourself why the entire thread said the same thing about inlinepro.

we do not get paid by them

we do not have anything to gain

why would everyone have the same tune?
Everybody says inlinePRO is better. But it is the same design.
Suppose the quality of the metal is inferior on the eBay mani. That just means that eBay may crack after 20,000 miles and inline may last forever. So in that sense I agree that it is better.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just buy it put it on and find out. ppl dont know cause they stay away from ebay like its the plaque (so do i). if it doesnt work out you only spent 70ish bucks.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe we aren't talking about the same manifold. I am talking about the eBay manifold that is the same exact design as inlinePRO and has the same exact wastegate placement.

Everybody says inlinePRO is better. But it is the same design.
Suppose the quality of the metal is inferior on the eBay mani. That just means that eBay may crack after 20,000 miles and inline may last forever. So in that sense I agree that it is better.
You are going to do what you want anyway, you already have your mind made up so why ask for opinions?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok Inline Pro mani
http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/popup.as...T/large/91.jpg
Ebay knock off

Trust me there is a difference and the Inline Pro performs a lot better.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:46 AM

Exactly. These two look nothing alike in design, even outside the obviously poor wastegate location compared to a real InlinePro

Quick Reply: is InlinePRO manifold same as eBay?