Notices

injectors and other fuel stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors and other fuel stuff

how do i know which size injectors, fuel pump, and pressure regulator to run with my turbo setup?
Old 12-28-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (eymnewdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do i know which size injectors, fuel pump, and pressure regulator to run with my turbo setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It depends on your tuning(fmu or hondata? etc) and desired power output.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (b16ahybrid)

ill be running 7psi, maybe 8. and ive heard that "uberdata" is good. i havent decided yet, i dont know too much about a good computer yet. does anyone have information on uberdata?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:14 AM
H-T White Ops

450's should hold you over.
in google type in uberdata forum. lots of info there.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:53 AM

What turbo will you be using? What engine? What compression ratio?
Old 12-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (Haberdasher)

t25 turbo. b18b1 motor. auto tranny. and about the compression .. i dont know. i heard adding a metal gasket instead of the OEM one helps out compression.

and would this work, a friend of mine told me to run injectors (properly sized), fuel pump (again, properly sized), fuel pressure regulator (adjusted properly), and an S-AFC.

with all that said ... do i need uberdata or anything of the sort still?

*side question ..... how the hell do you quote someone from a post? i still havent figured that out.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:27 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*side question ..... how the hell do you quote someone from a post? i still havent figured that out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Click on this button
Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (IslandSi)

im slow, but not retarded. i dont see that anywhere except when you just posted the picture. do i have to change my personal options or setting or something? cause im not seein it here.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im slow, but not retarded. i dont see that anywhere except when you just posted the picture. do i have to change my personal options or setting or something? cause im not seein it here. </TD></TR></TABLE>click on reply and u should see it.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:48 AM

Click the "reply" button then above the box where you type the response there a a tab that says "quote" clic k that.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">t25 turbo. b18b1 motor. auto tranny. and about the compression .. i dont know. i heard adding a metal gasket instead of the OEM one helps out compression.

and would this work, a friend of mine told me to run injectors (properly sized), fuel pump (again, properly sized), fuel pressure regulator (adjusted properly), and an S-AFC.

*side question ..... how the hell do you quote someone from a post? i still havent figured that out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

8psi on a t25, i would get at least a t3
Old 12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (Boosted Chemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

8psi on a t25, i would get at least a t3 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (tegunderpressure)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Agreed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW! i figured it out.

so anyway .... now that ive researched t25's, i know nothing about t3's. a little input or some links would be cool. you guys are awesome around here.

well if i run a t3 .... can i run a little higher than 8psi?
Old 12-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WOW! i figured it out.

so anyway .... now that ive researched t25's, i know nothing about t3's. a little input or some links would be cool. you guys are awesome around here.

well if i run a t3 .... can i run a little higher than 8psi?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yikes.

You're asking very general questions that can easily be asnwered with search.

Just type "what turbo" or something of that nature and click "archives." ENTER and voila.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (DefiantGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DefiantGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yikes.

You're asking very general questions that can easily be asnwered with search.

Just type "what turbo" or something of that nature and click "archives." ENTER and voila.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you .... and killer avatar!
Old 12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">t25 turbo. b18b1 motor. auto tranny. and about the compression .. i dont know. i heard adding a metal gasket instead of the OEM one helps out compression.

*side question ..... how the hell do you quote someone from a post? i still havent figured that out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You won't need a fuel pump or a fuel pressure regulator with your hp goal. Just get some DSM 450s and you're set.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (DefiantGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DefiantGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You won't need a fuel pump or a fuel pressure regulator with your hp goal. Just get some DSM 450s and you're set.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so ...... injectors and S-AFC? will that be good enough?
Old 12-31-2004, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so ...... injectors and S-AFC? will that be good enough?</TD></TR></TABLE>

In my opinion that's the worst kind of fuel management out there, AKA, the hack. Read this-

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=841443

Sell the AFC, get some DSM 450's, a fuel pump, Uberdata, and do it right.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In my opinion that's the worst kind of fuel management out there, AKA, the hack. Read this-

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=841443

Sell the AFC, get some DSM 450's, a fuel pump, Uberdata, and do it right. </TD></TR></TABLE>

would i be getting after-market DSM 450's? or used ones? im a little lost on this one. which fuel pump works best and where do i actually buy an uberdata setup? ive only found threads about info and tuning.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eymnewdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

would i be getting after-market DSM 450's? or used ones? im a little lost on this one. which fuel pump works best and where do i actually buy an uberdata setup? ive only found threads about info and tuning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You would be getting used 450's directly off a turbo Mitsu. Ebay is flooded with them along with the H-T classifieds. A Walbro 255 will work. Uberdata is free, but what you need is a chipped ECU, you can try to do it yourself, or you can buy one for about 120, then sell your old ECU. You just go to uberdata.com and download the program onto your computer. Then you will need a burner which is like 55 bucks.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well with the help of many people i have decided to get a t3 instead. at this point it just seems to be the better choice. now will the 450s be enough with the new turbo? or should i step up to something different?
Old 01-02-2005, 11:36 AM

I hope you are not planning on doing this in the near future. If I were you I would do alot more research and get to know alot more about how everything works. I would also get a helms manual for your car and read it once cover to cover to familiarize yourself with how things work and why. when you feel fairly confident then I would go ahead with the install with help from someone who has experience. It sounds like you are on the right track but taking your time will yield the best results. you will be happier your car will be happier and in the end you will have spent less money to make it work the right way. Remember even a tini tiny t25 will blow up you engine if not done properly
Old 01-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors and other fuel stuff (intercooledJRSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intercooledJRSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you are not planning on doing this in the near future. If I were you I would do alot more research and get to know alot more about how everything works. I would also get a helms manual for your car and read it once cover to cover to familiarize yourself with how things work and why. when you feel fairly confident then I would go ahead with the install with help from someone who has experience. It sounds like you are on the right track but taking your time will yield the best results. you will be happier your car will be happier and in the end you will have spent less money to make it work the right way. Remember even a tini tiny t25 will blow up you engine if not done properly </TD></TR></TABLE>

most likely the best advice yet. i think that i am rushing it now that you mention it. i will beef up the suspension, fix a little bit of the body and stick to what i know about until i understand turbo's more. thanks
Old 01-02-2005, 12:21 PM

i'd ditch that t25 for a t3 and do a tranny swap cause auto and turbo is no fun
Old 01-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iROCKtheSOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iROCKtheSOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd ditch that t25 for a t3 and do a tranny swap cause auto and turbo is no fun</TD></TR></TABLE>

t3 ... yes
tranny swap .... no

Quick Reply: injectors and other fuel stuff