Notices

injector install problem rc550 and inline pro rail

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default injector install problem rc550 and inline pro rail

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem installing RC550, or any injectors for that matter, into their fuel rail. I was doing my install today and everything came apart nicely but when i went to put the new injectors in i hit a problem. the new injectors are almost impossible to push into the fuel rail, i lubed the o-rings and everything. when i finally got them in and hooked everything back up 2 of them were leaking a bit. so i took it back apart pulled the injectors out and saw the the o-rings were in pretty bad shape. so i tried again using the stock o-rings and the same thing happened. do you think its my fuel rail (inlinepro) or is there some other trick to getting them in?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injector install problem rc550 and inline pro rail (dpetro1)

bump for some help
Old 07-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RC's should've cam ewith new lower seals that are smaller than the stock ones. I know my 550s didn't wanna go into the rail with the stock lower seals, then I found the smaller ones in the RC box, and they worked fine.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inspyral)

yeah the rc's came with lower seals for the intake mani and those are fine. but the upper o-rings are my problem. even with the rc upper o-rings these things will not push into the rail without ripping the o-rings. ive gone through 3 sets
Old 07-27-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: (dpetro1)

the inlinepro fuel rail can lick my ****** gballs. same thing happen to me. inline pro fuel rail= useless

i got a brand new one shoved in a corner.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the inlinepro fuel rail can lick my ****** gballs. same thing happen to me. inline pro fuel rail= useless </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn i hope that is not the case. im gonna take the rail and injectors to them (inlinepro) today and see what they can do with it. i really hope i dont have to buy a different rail. this is the last thing i need done before im ready to get tuned. i dont wanna wait another week. thanks for the heads up phil.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What I did is use the OEM O-ring that goes into the manifold. I placed that O-ring into the manifold, lubricated both the inside and the injector with oil. I put the injector in the fuel rail only with the small O-ring. Then lined everything up and slowly adjusted all 3 bolts until all 4 injectors were pushed snug into the manifold O-rings. Use the force of the fuel rail to push the injectors into the O-rings.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:19 AM

The injectors are probably just tight. You need to get new o-rings and lube them up better when you install them.

Also, just out of curiosity, who's car is that in your avatar?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: (blaze the chemi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blaze the chemi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What I did is use the OEM O-ring that goes into the manifold. I placed that O-ring into the manifold, lubricated both the inside and the injector with oil. I put the injector in the fuel rail only with the small O-ring. Then lined everything up and slowly adjusted all 3 bolts until all 4 injectors were pushed snug into the manifold O-rings. Use the force of the fuel rail to push the injectors into the O-rings. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its the O rings into the fuel rail is a bitch to get done. i lubed it a thousand times ive installed many injectors over and over again. the inline pro rail just flat out sucks *****
Old 07-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its the O rings into the fuel rail is a bitch to get done. i lubed it a thousand times ive installed many injectors over and over again. the inline pro rail just flat out sucks ***** </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah we are talking about the small o-rings at the very top of the injector. but i went over to inlinepro and stan had a bunch of the green o-rings laying around. he lubed them up real good with some bearing grease and they slid in pretty good. he even gave me like a dozen for free just in case they leaked when i got home. i have to say they have always taken care of me when i go in so to inlinepro...even if some think their rail isnt the best.

i really think its the green o-rings that did the trick but i dunno maybe it was just me. everything is sealed up nicely now so thanks for the help guys.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tthame1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, just out of curiosity, who's car is that in your avatar?</TD></TR></TABLE>
im really not sure, i ran across that pic a while back on a del sol club website. that think is so frickin clean
Old 07-29-2005, 05:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im really not sure, i ran across that pic a while back on a del sol club website. that think is so frickin clean </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that car actually belonged to one of my good friends a while back. It was REALLY nice. Lots of Carbon Fiber (hood, roof, trunk lid, front and rear lips). It was LS turbo for a while, but he actually built a motor for it trying to make 600 whp. We put the motor in the car, cranked it up once and for some reason he got discouraged before he ever drove it and sold everything. He parted the car out and sold it as stock with a stock gsr swap, so it no longer exists as it did in your avatar
Old 07-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tthame1)

ha thats weird. and what was he thinking to part that car out, that thing looks so tight with the city lights and jdm headlights, then the intercooler just chillen behind the grill like that. o well i guess ill just have to remember not to delete that pic cause there wont be anymore
Old 07-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpetro1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys i was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem installing RC550, or any injectors for that matter, into their fuel rail. I was doing my install today and everything came apart nicely but when i went to put the new injectors in i hit a problem. the new injectors are almost impossible to push into the fuel rail, i lubed the o-rings and everything. when i finally got them in and hooked everything back up 2 of them were leaking a bit. so i took it back apart pulled the injectors out and saw the the o-rings were in pretty bad shape. so i tried again using the stock o-rings and the same thing happened. do you think its my fuel rail (inlinepro) or is there some other trick to getting them in? </TD></TR></TABLE>

dude i was in the same boat as you about 4 weeks ago...there was one injector that was being a bitch...we went thru 4 o rings....ended up using some o rings from a ac guage port....all i can say is use alot of lude....
Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dannydos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dannydos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude i was in the same boat as you about 4 weeks ago...there was one injector that was being a bitch...we went thru 4 o rings....ended up using some o rings from a ac guage port....all i can say is use alot of lude....</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah lots of lube and plenty of extra o-rings did the trick. thanks for the replies