Notices

Important Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important Question

Fellas I'm seriously considering leaving the Honda/Acura world and my hopes, dreams and aspirations of going turbo. I hear so much about traction issues that it makes me not wanna bother. I'm not really a quarter mile guy I like the roadcourse, coming out of turns at insane speeds. So if traction is an issue then should I bother at all. I haven't even gotten started but it's either a WRX or sell my 98 Honda Civic EX with only 5k on the factory motor and get a 99-00Si(My favorite car). Please anyone who has raced on road courses before with their turbocharged Honda/Acura please let me know about the handling and traction issues you ran into with the car and how you solved the problem. I just think that 500awhp WRX would be tough. Plus I wouldn't have to run those stupid ******* BF Goodrich slicks around the city if I get into a street race. Those fat *** tires are so ugly, I like the Z rated low pros. PLEASE HELP!! Somebody try and persuade me to stay a Honda/Acura man.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Important Question (Project_SOHC_EX)

Can somebody respond and not leave me hanging. I'm really in a mental bind here.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:30 PM

Traction bars an lsd
Old 09-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booscivic)

First I would like to think booscivic ONE of the only helpful members on H-T...But on another note...Umhhh...I heard and have seen in many videos that once you get around the 400-500hp mark all that doesn't even matter...Those who are making that much how true does that statement hold or is it as simple as booscivic states...Is traction that much of an issue? Please more comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If what you want to do is go around the road course, than a fwd car will do fine. I"ve gone in many track days and I've seen FWD cars do pretty well. Of coures RWD is a bit more fun, but FWD does well. If you figure out your alignment, put on a nice big rear sway bar, LSD, you'll be fine.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R6Elmo)

Thanks Elmo! I appreciate your help...one question...As I'm reading if I'm understanding the WRX even the EVO correctly they cost a lot of money to upgrade and make very little hp? I mean somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I went to Vishnu Performance homepage and read about the upgrades and how much they cost they want 4k for a Stage 2 upgrade that puts the WRX at 340hp(at the crank)...**** a that IMO...But like I said somebody correct me if I'm wrong and also why does it cost so much to make so little hp with these cars? For that much I'll keep my damn Acura/Honda...The WRX and Evo I feel would be so much better if you could just turn up the boost and make alot of pwer...But they want tons of money for upgrades that cost a **** load of money...I recently became a member of ClubWRX.net in order to further my knowledge before I decided to make the move and I must say I'm very unhappy with the conclusions I've came to....So on that note why is it that guys even here on H-T like the WRX so much...In order to make good horsepower with them it seems like you will have to do an entire engine build as you must do with turbocharged Hondas but you'll save more money with the Acura/Honda route...I'm sorry but 8.0:1 CR is not my thing...Please more comments
Old 09-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Project_SOHC_EX)

Anyone else care to comment?????????????? Looking for some more opinions on my little dilemma and also if my understanding and the WRX or EVO for that matter and how costly of a turbocharged vehicle they are to upgrade.