Notices

I think i've been scammed. help please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i've been scammed. help please?

hello, my name is andrew beaven and i recently tried to purchase a greddy type S bov on the internet. the person i was dealing with first sent me an email under the name David Tran, then using the same address, began going by the name James Chan. i sent out a cashiers check, paying to the order of Vanny Chuon, supposedly tran/chan's girlfriend. a week went by and i kept in touch with tran/chan, who claimed to have not recieved my check. i offered to cancel the check and send another, but he discouraged me from doing so. today, approximately two weeks after i sent the original check i called the bank to confirm the status of the check. they told me that the check had cleared. this disturbed me a bit. tran/chan seemed like a nice enough guy, but now i fear that i have been taken for a loop.

the only information i have on him is listed below:

email address: car_parts4_u@yahoo.com
name: james chan/david tran
address check was sent to:
Vanny Chuon
110 Enchanted Oaks
Spring, TX 77388

i did a search on the internet looking for the three names i listed. the only one that came up with anything was david tran, coincidentally, he is in spring texas; however, when i talked to him he claimed to be a scientist and that he had no idea what i was talking about. i remained calm and simply told him that i was not accusing him of anything, but if he heard or knew anything about it, that it would be in our best interest for him to tell whoever is doing the deal to send me my parts or my money.

i know we're all busy, but if any of you guys can help me out, i would graetly appreciate it. turboing a car, especially a fifth generation prelude, is not cheap and being ripped off by a lower life form does not help my project any. so if anyone lives near the address i listed, or knows the seller and he has some other escuse, just please, let me know.

thank you,
andrew beaven
andrew_1182@hotmail.com
aim- DeeZ671

Old 01-15-2002, 01:16 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (lude98)

broo im sooooooooooo sooooory to tell u this but i was about to send him the check tooo...for a type s bov....and he at first told me to leave the check blank...and i told him that i didnt want a blank check in the mail...so he goes cool no prob....just write it under my sister's name cause im gonna deposit it into her account......vanny chuon.....same adress and everything....and i was about to send the check....but i wasnt gonna have enough money to pay for my car....so i held off....damn that really sux....i say u track the check....casue our stories are diff....w/the same names.......damn good luck.....chris

i dunno if i've been scammed too but i sent a check out to a guy for an Si grill his name and info are

anthony nguyen
16742 glen eagle dr.
conroe, tx 77385
email- tofobish4u@yahoo.com

it was 50 bucks....i mean its not alot..but 50 bucks is 50 bucks...anyone???

[Modified by FBP Ex-T, 10:21 PM 1/15/2002]
Old 01-15-2002, 01:30 PM
New User

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (FBP Ex-T)

i live reasonably close to this person, ill go by and egg his house for you if you want
Old 01-15-2002, 01:36 PM

dude, that really sucks.

isn't ripping somebody off through the mail a federal offense? Seriously, i thought it was a serious crime or something. anyway, keep all the documentation you have of the transaction.. trace the check and see where it was deposited. contact your local authorities and also the authorities local to him.

they take this stuff seriously i hear.

good luck
Old 01-15-2002, 01:38 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (brian b)

hey brian who do u live close to? that anthony guy?? cause if u dooo go raid the place lol.....naww but if u do maybe u can ask him something i dunno lol anything..i want my grill ( but lemme not jump to conclusions....he might have sent it already..its been like a week...)
Old 01-15-2002, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got it !!! scam him...send him a bum check..and when it bounces..tell him to meet u and ull pay him cash..instead..pay him with a knuckle sandwich i hate conmen..feed them to the snakes
Old 01-15-2002, 06:29 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (deepnite)

I hate stupid people
Old 01-15-2002, 06:54 PM
New User

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (ajn)

im like a 45 minute drive from the area mensioned in this post.. it is a federal crime to accept money for goods via USMAIL (key word) without prodiving the goods.. if its 50 bucks though id prolly just cut my losses and move on.. i hate to say it but its going to take more then 50 dollars worth of your time to get the 50 bucks
Old 01-16-2002, 12:45 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (brian b)

all i got is time, i'm gonna get this fool one way or another. i have a good friend who's father is a director of the FBI in frankfort ky. i'm sure he could find the guy in about 15mins. and have the local authorities pick him up for mail fraud, if worse comes to worse i guess i'll have to do this.
thanks,
andrew
Old 01-16-2002, 12:47 PM

PS- he fVcked with the wrong guy this time.
Old 01-16-2002, 12:49 PM

did I say I hate stupid people?

go get 'em man!
Old 01-16-2002, 12:56 PM
New User

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (ajn)

well you know thats his real address cause hes got your money.. just gotta find the right law enforcment agency to go over there

hey i remember hearing something about cashiers checks where they're insured somehow.. maybe its money orders or somethin tho i dunno..
Old 01-16-2002, 12:59 PM

Have you done a search on this site for those names? I swear that I have seen that name before regarding ripping somone off, same with the Ngyuen guy...it too looks familiar.......do a search.....Also, I'm pretty sure you can file internet fraud charges againts this person,and I am pretty sure even if you sent payment through UPS/FedEx tehre is a violation of federal law, theft of interstate commerce (FBI gets involved). You can also try skiptracing the guy to get as much info on him as possible...you can get his credit report.....These are all just sugegstions and I am not 100% positive about the legal aspect (but it's a good start). I hope this helps! Later!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:32 PM

yea dude, that anthony nguyen guy...i have dealt with him before...in fact, i have his email address if that helps.

he had advertised a b18c5 head and all the wiring and everything for $600 on ipartstrader.com. i was very interested in that so i contacted him. i was about to send the the money too! i am glad i didnt because i would go and murder him over something like that, staright up. but yea, first this *** said he lived in new orleans, then later he said he wsa in conroe texas, about 30-45 min outside houston. I asked him how we could set up some kind of contract for both of our legal protection since the transaction would be done over the net and didnt hear from him for a while. all this was last week

damn i am so pissed, i feel your pain, i cant even type this message

just had to vent, but yea, i asked him why he was selling the swap so cheap anyway and he said he was moving up to something better, (h22). anyway, the deal just sounded to good to be true, so i havent talked to him since last week, but i can get his number for you if you like, i will tell him i need to talk to him about the head. anything i can do to help cuz this is on other boards and sites robbing people too.

in fact, if u want, lets just go kill that bitch!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:55 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (are_sicks)

check this out too:
http://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp
Old 01-16-2002, 01:58 PM
New User

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (are_sicks)

The first thing you need to do is file a complaint with the FBI http://www.ifccfbi.gov
You should contact the Attorney Generals Office for the State of Texas too. They have an Internet division http://www.oag.state.tx.us/internet/inbhome.htm
I know it sounds like a pain in the *** and you want to just go beat the crap out of him but you have a lot of information, an address, it doesn't matter if it was his address, whoever lives there fronted for him, you have emails, a phone number, all of this stuff has a trail. Make sure that when you file your complaint that you let them know the guy is still operating. That is obvious because of all the posts that say he is still trying to rip people off.
Also, if you are the guy that ripped him off and are reading this, you better keep looking over your shoulder. It's just a matter of time.
I just looked back at the Internet Fraud site. Auciton fraud is the biggest complaint - http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/strategy/stats091100.asp

[Modified by turbod97ex, 5:02 PM 1/16/2002]
Old 01-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (turbod97ex)

Damn I've heard this name before . . .on this site. . .I live in San Antonio. . .I think Spring is up near Houston. . .I am going to Houston it about two week if you send me the info on this individual I'll try to make my way over there and ask him what's up yall. . .I can't stand scammers. . .anyway If anyone is interested send me an E-mail at lucky_stripe22@hotmail.com with all the info and I will have no problem confronting him.

Marc
Old 01-16-2002, 05:16 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (turbocoupe)

no offense to those last names, but i got ripped for $120 by a tran dude before
just don't trust those tran dudes and ngyuen dudes and chan dudes, pay like $30 bucks more for a real company.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:22 PM

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (cann)

pay like $30 bucks more for a real company
word
Old 01-16-2002, 07:42 PM
New User

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (cann)

no offense to those last names, but i got ripped for $120 by a tran dude before
just don't trust those tran dudes and ngyuen dudes and chan dudes, pay like $30 bucks more for a real company.
When you are focusing on the guy named Tran or Ngyuen and not getting screwed by them, you are likely to get screwed by someone named Jones or Smith. Forget discriminating based on race and do business using common sense. If the deal seems to good to be true, it probably is. Have the parts sent to you so that you can inspect them first and to make sure you get them. People who are trying to rip some one off are ususally selling a non-existent part to get cash rather than getting the honest guy to send them his part. The one and only time that I bought any parts online was from a guy named Tran. I had no problems. I don't send money until I get the parts, though. If someone has a problem with doing business that way, we don't do business.

The "bank fraud" investigator below will have you believe that you shouldn't trust people with the name Tran or Ngyuen because he says that they perpetrate that fraud more than other races. I mean he says they do so why shouldn't we accept it as fact? The fact is that there are/were some ORGANIZED gangs that were perpetuating bank fraud that were Vietnamese, Russian, Armenian, and Nigerian. Does anyone see the association with these gangs and with people selling car parts. The point I see that Honda4CX-R makes is a generalization that Vietnamese gangs were part of some huge bank scams, their names were Tran and Ngyuen (equivalent to Smith and Jones in the US), therefore, people with names like Tran an Ngyuen should be scrutinzed and discriminated against more so when doing any kind of business. It would seem that we only have to worry about the names Tran and Ngyuen, according to Honda4CX-R but maybe not, there might be some other names that we don't know to watch out for. This guy named Tran that ripped lude 98 off is probably in some big asian check fraud gang don't you think?

[Modified by turbod97ex, 3:33 AM 1/20/2002]
Old 01-16-2002, 08:03 PM

hey bro, check out this site. have a read:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

Email joe 1320 and ask him........

Scammers like this peeps need to know they cant fvck with us here....hopefully u get ur money back. It doesnt matter if its $20 or $2000........they just need to be stopped period
Old 01-16-2002, 08:12 PM

oh and btw, don't take the law upon yourselves. There is a very good chance of getting your money back if you follow the guy on the posted site. Dont go there knocking out this guy....wont do anybody any good. Good luck
Old 01-16-2002, 08:54 PM
New User

this guy should not be confused with james chan of performance evolution in canada who definitely CAN be trusted!!
Old 01-16-2002, 08:56 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (schwett)

This Tran guy has been ripping people off for a while now. Its the same guy from the houston area..

art
Old 01-17-2002, 05:22 AM
New User

Default Re: I think i've been scammed. help please? (Arturbo)

damn #@!@#$%^%$, Im a Tran also, but noooo i dunt do shady shiet like that. hes making a bad name for vietnamese people. Did you know that TRAN's AND NGUYENS make up like 50% of vietnamese peoples' last names?? anyways im a Tran from Idaho so its not relevant. wait wait also Tran is a vietnamese last name and Chan is a chinese one. just some info.

Quick Reply: I think i've been scammed. help please?