Notices

I Need Some Help On Turbos Please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Some Help On Turbos Please!

I'm Thinking About Turboing My D16z6 Motor I Bored It 30 Over So Far...I Have Obx Intake Manifold..Obx Fuel Pressure Regulater...Obx Racing Headers...Obs Fuel Rail..Obx Injectors...Greddy Evolution Cat-Back Exhaust System.. Aem Cold Air Intake.. I Just Need Some Help On Turbo Idea I Dont Have a Clue About Turbo's Any Help Would Be Great...Vinny
Old 03-29-2004, 06:10 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: I Need Some Help On Turbos Please! (h22acivicman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22acivicman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm Thinking About Turboing My D16z6 Motor I Bored It 30 Over So Far...I Have Obx Intake Manifold..Obx Fuel Pressure Regulater...Obx Racing Headers...Obs Fuel Rail..Obx Injectors...Greddy Evolution Cat-Back Exhaust System.. Aem Cold Air Intake.. I Just Need Some Help On Turbo Idea I Dont Have a Clue About Turbo's Any Help Would Be Great...Vinny
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like unfortuneately a lot of equipment that you have is going to have to be sold in order for you to go the turbo route. I have no idea about OBX injectors and their quality, but I'd be a bit concerned about the size they are and if they will handle the additional wear and tear of turbo.

The CAI, Headers, would all have to go. Have you possibly considered the supercharger route? Seems that perhaps you're already halfway there to go that route if you still want boost but not want to sell any of your other equipment.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I Need Some Help On Turbos Please! (h22acivicman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22acivicman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm Thinking About Turboing My D16z6 Motor I Bored It 30 Over So Far...I Have Obx Intake Manifold..Obx Fuel Pressure Regulater...Obx Racing Headers...Obs Fuel Rail..Obx Injectors...Greddy Evolution Cat-Back Exhaust System.. Aem Cold Air Intake.. I Just Need Some Help On Turbo Idea I Dont Have a Clue About Turbo's Any Help Would Be Great...Vinny</TD></TR></TABLE>

I recomend that you do some reading up on turbo's and how they work.
This site is a great resource to learn from, but we cant retype everthing for every person that asks. So with that said go do some searching throug the archives, if you have specific questions feel free to post them up, but broad generic questions will most likely get answered the the single word "search"