Notices

I JUST DONT KNOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I JUST DONT KNOW!!!

My friend sold me his oil lint kit and it came in a box labeled turbo accessories...i can tell what some of this stuff is but some other things i just dont know what to do with it or where it goes...it did not come with directions so here are some pictures...for example...

this is the kit...i put the stuff together that i think they went...so another example...

the oil return line as well as a couple of fittings...i dont know how they hook up and i have no idea what the hoses are for either...

this is the stuff where i have no idea what to do with...

this is what i could put together for oil inlet line...and the big hose clamp i have no idea what its for...

im guessing this is the vaccum hose you can cut and distribute...and some gasgets for the turbo as well as the metal gasket...i dont know what the braket is for though...

again if anyone can help me with any installation directions or any advice and words of wisdom i would greatly appreciate it...thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: I JUST DONT KNOW!!! (Acura_Integra_Type_R)

Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm, what all were you expecting with the oil line kit? That is a lot of fittings etc that your friend sent to you. You will end up only using a few of those fittings anways. What turbo are you going to be using?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im guessin this is for you oil feed kit and oil return line.
1. the SS braided is your feed line which is gonna be connected to the back of the block near the oil filte.
2. the large rubber hose unforturnately is your oil return line for the turbo to the oil tank. honestly you should get a SS braided one.
3. you have a MAP check in the kit too
4. draw a diagram to help yourself out some
Old 04-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

supply looks fine..return looks like a POS...definitely get high temp braided hose
Old 04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Speed Industry)

what is this MAP check you speak of??? what is it for and how do you use it?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Acura_Integra_Type_R)

the map check is that little trapazodial silver piece with the red circle attached to it that connects to the intake manifold an sends a reading to a vaccum source an eliminates the check engine light
Old 04-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony413)

where can i find this hi temp braided oil return line???
Old 04-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and can anyone tell me what the bracket is for and what the second braided line is for?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM
* B A N N E D *

Dang, that's a pretty sweet grab bag. It's like a brass fitting bonanza. Got some banjo fittings, ss line, turbine gasket...

Good stuff
Old 04-15-2007, 08:05 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Semtec)

Stop worrying about what everything was "made" for and focus on what you need. Unless you have a water cooled turbo, all you need are two lines: use the SS line for the oil feed and the big rubber one for the return.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is the return hose sufficient or should i get a braided one? if so where can i get this? or does anyone have one for sale?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A braided hose will def. withstand alot more abuse and also wont kink
Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

like the bag was labled, you got all the "accessories" that come with a turbo kit. when you buy a kit it comes with all the hard parts: piping, manifold, IC, turbo, bov, wg. then you have all the hardware, clamps, lines, etc, and thats what you got minus a few clamps.

that brackets looks like something you'd use to mount an FMU. the extra vaccum line is for the wastegate and bov. all the nuts and bolts are for the wg, bov, etc. the hose clamp might be for the air filter that comes with the kit, but it looks a little small in the picture, not sure.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Acura_Integra_Type_R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the return hose sufficient or should i get a braided one? if so where can i get this? or does anyone have one for sale?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Braided anything is never required, which is why OEM hoses are always rubber. The rubber return will be fine.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rubber will be fine. all the braided does is make the hose last just a lil longer. for the rubber hose you can get this for a little longer life. http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/aero6.htm
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Semtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Braided anything is never required, which is why OEM hoses are always rubber. The rubber return will be fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

small rubber hose will ballon at higher pressures, but definitely not something to worry about with a oil drain line
Old 04-17-2007, 03:44 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like an extremely well put together kit! The reason you have one longer and one shorter braided feed line is because this kit looks to have been made to have a firewall mounted distribution point which is really the way it should be done.

I see nothing wrong with the return line, braided line is not needed.

Since this kit came with the check valve i would assume the bracket is for an FMU. Hopefully you are not running an FMU and you will be able to sell the check valve.

I believe that long looking thing with the **** is a pressure regulator so you can turn down the pressure for your turbo. If that is a cap on the other end then it might be something else. Hard to tell with only a few pics.

The banjo fitting thing is the oil feed plate that bolts to some turbos. Most just use a threaded fitting but that's much nicer.

I would really recommend finding out where the kit came from so you can use it as it was intended to be used. You need to know which fittings are BSPT and from the pics I cannot be sure.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I JUST DONT KNOW!!! (White Smoke)

To the OP.

Please discontinue putting this kit together, spend more time on the internet learning about the parts and what they do and where they go.

It sucks so bad to read and know you have no clue what your doing. I see that turbo setup lasting a long time..........
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I JUST DONT KNOW!!! (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To the OP.

Please discontinue putting this kit together, spend more time on the internet learning about the parts and what they do and where they go.

It sucks so bad to read and know you have no clue what your doing. I see that turbo setup lasting a long time.......... </TD></TR></TABLE>

to you, please discontinue opening your mouth or even your eyes, chop your fingers off ang give them to someone else who actually needs them
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Acura_Integra_Type_R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

to you, please discontinue opening your mouth or even your eyes, chop your fingers off ang give them to someone else who actually needs them</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, look. You really do need to do some more researching. You come in here with a low post count, make an obscenely vague post title, and ask to be spoon fed every single answer. We give you a little bit of help, but you want us to hold you hand while you ****?

People in the FI forums get sick of seeing these type of repetitive questions when they've all been answered HUNDREDS of times. You gotta give a little to get a little, know what I mean??
Old 04-17-2007, 07:44 AM
jdizzle!

Default Re: I JUST DONT KNOW!!! (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I JUST DONT KNOW!!! (turboteg2nv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboteg2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man, look. You really do need to do some more researching. You come in here with a low post count, make an obscenely vague post title, and ask to be spoon fed every single answer. We give you a little bit of help, but you want us to hold you hand while you ****?

People in the FI forums get sick of seeing these type of repetitive questions when they've all been answered HUNDREDS of times. You gotta give a little to get a little, know what I mean?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i did i tried but with all this **** in one bunch throws me off...what i was trying to ask was what is all this other **** when ive already discovered the basic parts...

post title is just to attract attention and i dont want you to hold my hand mang if you want to help out though you can hold the hose while i water the garden haha just kidding...
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what good would HT be if everyone knew everything about everything anyway???
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Acura_Integra_Type_R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is this MAP check you speak of??? what is it for and how do you use it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

with your emanage you dont need it. dont worry about it.,

Quick Reply: I JUST DONT KNOW!!!