Notices

hp goals to much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 PM
tnk
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp goals to much?

i originally wanted 250 whp but then lowered it to 225whp and now my goal is 200whp and as much torque as i can get outta the d16. i honestly want it reliable so any hp gain is fine with me.

specs:
stock z6 with 185k, great compression across all 4 cylinders.
catback exhaust
450cc injectors
no internal work
walbro 255lph fuel pump
greddy 15g turbo kit

with the MOST conservative tune as possible. i dont want my motor to go to crap a few years down the road, hence the conservative tune. i honestly believe if a motor does blow, its the tuners fault(with some exceptions) bc he was suppose to do it to where it wouldnt lose its reliability.(pretty much tune it the safest way possible.) i dont rag it out every chance i get, i've only been to the track one time with 2 runs in the 2 years i've had it.

i wouldnt mind doing some internal (arp head studs and/or bolt rods) if needed but really cant afford it bc my car is a dd, im a college student and work about 50 hours a week.

would i have to worry about axles stock axles too bc i know the prelude motors have around the same hp as in my goals snap left and right. i was going through the 'stages' of axles and this got me concerned. using link as an example

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/hasport-axle

i'll edit/add anything i need to in bold

Modified by tnk at 10:19 PM 3/7/2008
Old 03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hp goals to much? (tnk)

tunning is everything ...i dont think your goals should be hard to reach depending on what turbo and setup you go with...for the axles i would just get lifetime replacement ones from auto zone thats what i run, they break you go and get a new one...with a turbo car your always going to work on it a little somthing stupid will most likley always break, depending on how much you beat it
Old 03-07-2008, 07:36 PM
tnk
Honda-Tech Member

wow, i never thought about the auto zone axles with lifetime replacement. thats pretty bad ***, thanks tegman.

not knowing what i want in the end is killing me, i just want to know already! lol. when people ask me what im expecting, i honestly dont know what to say.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hp goals to much? (tnk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tnk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i dont want my motor to go to crap a few years down the road, i honestly believe if a motor does blow, its the tuners fault bc he was suppose to do it to where it wouldnt lose its reliability.

but really cant afford it bc my car is a dd, im a college student
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't turbo it man, you will regret it. DD plus reliable plus turbo and broke = headaches !!. Its impossible to turbo these engines stock, and NOT loose any reliability, not to mention the drastically shortened lifespan of the engine.

Read up, do some research.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:20 PM
tnk
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hp goals to much? (HamiltonRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't turbo it man, you will regret it. DD plus reliable plus turbo and broke = headaches !!. Its impossible to turbo these engines stock, and NOT loose any reliability, not to mention the drastically shortened lifespan of the engine.

Read up, do some research. </TD></TR></TABLE>
its already been done, to much hassle to go back honestly, and when i said i couldnt 'afford it', i meant 'waste time' (down time) bc i need my daily driver. i've got money, just not enough to buy whatever i want. i mean, i like what i've done so far bc it taught me a lot and the mind set of tackling it myself.