Notices

:: how to tune for zex nitrous using hondata/uberdata ::

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :: how to tune for zex nitrous using hondata/uberdata ::

i was just wondering how you tune for a nitrous setup like zex. at first i was thinking that you would only edit the last couple of columns since that is when the nitrous is activated. but the more i thought about it, the zex control unit confused me on how to tune it. so my question is, is tuning a zex kit necessary? if so, what would you do to tune it? thanks.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:36 AM

Default Re: :: how to tune for zex nitrous using hondata/uberdata :: (cornhusker)

anyone with experience/advice?

Old 12-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :: how to tune for zex nitrous using hondata/uberdata :: (cornhusker)

you would only tune the NA side of the map. You would base your nitrous on certain activation point. Suppose you tune your hondata to activate nitrous at 4200 rpm all the way to about 8600rpm. Now you will tune your fuel curve and igntion based on that range you ahve there. Power and rpm should increase there fore you can retard the timing as you move up in the map and at the same time increase he fuel delviery there by still utilizing a dry shot. If you are using a wet shot then its all based on the jetting of the fuel solonoid and nos solonid. But most dry shots are simple setups but you also have to take in account bottle pressure and many other factors with nitrous.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Banned

Default Re: :: how to tune for zex nitrous using hondata/uberdata :: (b18bturbo)

i wanna run a small shot of zex in my ic using uberdata. anybody have any experience with that??
Thanks
Old 12-17-2003, 03:18 PM

Default Re: :: how to tune for zex nitrous using hondata/uberdata :: (b18bturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18bturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you would only tune the NA side of the map. You would base your nitrous on certain activation point. Suppose you tune your hondata to activate nitrous at 4200 rpm all the way to about 8600rpm. Now you will tune your fuel curve and igntion based on that range you ahve there. Power and rpm should increase there fore you can retard the timing as you move up in the map and at the same time increase he fuel delviery there by still utilizing a dry shot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

since i am going to use the zex dry kit, will i still need to edit the fuel tables since the zex control unit will increase fuel pressure while under the juice and there for increase the fuel flow? also, if i do adjust the fuel maps, wont i be running rich as hell if i ran the car into those areas of the map when the nitrous kit is deactivated? lemme know if i am wrong here, thanks.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cornhusker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

since i am going to use the zex dry kit, will i still need to edit the fuel tables since the zex control unit will increase fuel pressure while under the juice and there for increase the fuel flow? also, if i do adjust the fuel maps, wont i be running rich as hell if i ran the car into those areas of the map when the nitrous kit is deactivated? lemme know if i am wrong here, thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you need to have the nitrous engange off a switch that ecu can control suppose you wire it to b5 ac switch. When nitrous engages the solonid you will then run a % higher fuel map this must be programmed however by wahtever software u use. I know hondata has it but uberdata is being worked on currently. If you wnat you can just run it as the zex kit setup.

if you want to read up on how hondata does it read up here http://hondata.com/featuresnitrous.html
Old 12-17-2003, 08:48 PM

thanks for the info, i think i am going to run the zex kit as designed (as far as fuel is concerned) and then retard the ignition maps for n2o.