Notices

HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I . (fully built)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (fully built) HELPP

sup yall, well I just finished my fully built D16z6 swap.. and i'm wondering how much boost it could handle... here are the mods

* Eagle Rods
*high compression pistons ( don't ask it was suppost to be all motor but had a change of plans)
*BORED over to .20
*Greddy Head Gasket 2.0mm THICK
*Stock head.
*shaved crank
*stock injectors and an Extra injector just in case I run high boost so basically i have 5 injectors.. the 5th injectors kicks in at full boost..
*Intercooler
*BOV
*stock computer (crx si) it had a mugen chip but it was removed.)

the engine has 300 miles NOT 300 thousand but 300 the moto is fully built and the compression is 10:4 1 but with the Greddy head gasket (2.0mm) i'm guessing it went down to 10 maybe 9:5 i dunno.. but right now i'm only pushing 4 pounds and thats when I boost cuz the motor has only 300miles like i said!! always running 91 Octane. so what yall think.. I don't have money to get it tunned right now!! but yeah.. BUT when I get 1000 miles i'm gonna raise the boost to 7psi. any commnents ???????? and HELp would be fine.. THANKS

Modified by crxturboh22 at 8:29 AM 1/12/2004
Old 01-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (fully built) HELPP (crxturboh22)

you make no mention of a turbo. boost psi is relative to turbo size.
you also make no mention of fuel management ( i assume an fmu??)

fmu + high compression pistons + **** 91 octane = i wouldn't up it much at all... regardless of the turbo size.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:04 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (pissedoffsol)

my FAULT i'm running a Garret T3 Turbo and NO I don't have any FUEL manidgement syste.. or piggy back nothing.. like i said. stock injectors and the extra injector if I decide to run high boost!!

i went through 3 motors in a period of a MONTH!!!! i was stupid I was fine with 5 pounds (stock motors by the way) i decided to run 10psi.. only lasted me 4 days. hehehe! one of the motors blew a piston ring, the 2nd motor blew a piston the 3rd. had a bad crank shaft... so at 5000 rpm wouldn't go no where!! so i got pissed got a fully built motor.. but i'm guessing this one will take the STRESS right/?..
Old 01-12-2004, 12:18 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (crxturboh22)

Bad/no tuning will kill even a built motor.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (sharkcohen)

GET SOME FUEL MANAGEMENT&INJECTORS...OR THE 4TH MOTOR WILL GO BOOM!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxturboh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my FAULT i'm running a Garret T3 Turbo and NO I don't have any FUEL manidgement syste.. or piggy back nothing.. like i said. stock injectors and the extra injector if I decide to run high boost!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow...Put the turbo down and walk away... I hope high boost is 2psi with stock injectors and one extra injector y0!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxturboh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my FAULT i'm running a Garret T3 Turbo and NO I don't have any FUEL manidgement syste.. or piggy back nothing.. like i said. stock injectors and the extra injector if I decide to run high boost!!

i went through 3 motors in a period of a MONTH!!!! i was stupid I was fine with 5 pounds (stock motors by the way) i decided to run 10psi.. only lasted me 4 days. hehehe! one of the motors blew a piston ring, the 2nd motor blew a piston the 3rd. had a bad crank shaft... so at 5000 rpm wouldn't go no where!! so i got pissed got a fully built motor.. but i'm guessing this one will take the STRESS right/?.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW.........3 motors in 30 days...that is like 1 motor every 10 days. What makes you think a built motor will handle more boost if it is starving for fuel???? I can see why you blew 3 motors. At the least get some sort of fuel controller. I dont see why someoen would fully build their motor and skimp on the simple **** liek fuel.....
Old 01-12-2004, 05:16 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (DC2R714)

Where the Christ did you come up with adding an extra injector as a fuel solution? Even if that did tak care of fueling what are you doing about timing management, when you boost timing is very important! duh!!!

If you keep your setup as is, your going to "high boost" your motor into oblivion.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:48 AM

Is this a joke?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:58 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (MadCow)

Is this ******* guy smoking crack 3 motors no fuel management HMMM lets think
Old 01-12-2004, 07:05 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (Chillinit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chillinit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GET SOME FUEL MANAGEMENT&INJECTORS...OR THE 4TH MOTOR WILL GO BOOM!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-12-2004, 07:17 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (PH_B16-VTi)

I agree get away from turbos immediatly and just stick with na it will be easier on you.....an extra injector for high boost, lol.....wow!!
Old 01-12-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I run . (TravSi)

right now i~m pushing 4psi. and i~m not leaning out!! runnin rich actually! and thats with out the 5th injec. i guess i~ll keep at 4 for a while till i get more fuel.
Thanks
Old 01-12-2004, 07:59 AM

do yourself a favor: disconnect your extra injector setup, then buy a VORTEC FMU and a MSD INLINE FUEL PUMP

edit- you can easily pick both up used for about 150. How can you afford pistons and rods and not a FMU setup?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nevin)

Can you explain or better yet, take a picture, of this 5th injector setup? (Teg4e smells a troll....)
Old 01-12-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Re: (Teg4e)

lol if he is.. that was one of the better attempts of trolling ive seen.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:58 AM

Bro, put your whole set-up on hold for about a year and do some research and get your **** together before you go on. Now i know how people at the track can have a turbo and still be running 16s.....
Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Teg4e)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teg4e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you explain or better yet, take a picture, of this 5th injector setup? (Teg4e smells a troll....)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmmm now that I think about it...I am a newb when it comes to converting from n/a to boost (my last turboed engine came that way ) but how would you have a 5th fuel injector come on at full boost if nothing is controlling it. Maybe it is a simple fact I am overlooking but can someone explain it
Old 01-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (specv5150)

Wow, you know your fuel setup is bad if you have to UPGRADE to an FMU.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:52 AM
aka010010

15lbs easily with the right fuel management like hondata or ems
Old 01-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1.8t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.8t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, you know your fuel setup is bad if you have to UPGRADE to an FMU.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol! yeah, i'm really thinking this guy's talking from his ***.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: (Teg4e) Re:JZ

**** that I~m not about to put my **** on hold.. but I KNOW I NEED more fuel!! but right now i~m really tight.. no money its all gone.... but i know my set up its not one of the best.. but oh well i~m cool with it.. and yeah its all about tunning I know that too.. IF YALL COULD HELP MORE AND talk LESS ****!!! would be good. but thanks for the ones that actually tried to help.. too bad that the ones that are talking mess don~t live in Frisco cuz if they did I would be more than happy to put u in ur place.. like i did with 2 hatchs one with a B20 Vtec and a LS Vtec.. both of them were staring at my tails all night.. oh by the way.. all that with 5psi.. imagine with all the Fuel and tunned right!! i~m not braggin but for some one who did the set him self... its pretty damn good but still got problems.. that why i came here for HELP..... I just picked up some 450cc injectors/fuel pressure regulator.. and THE Xtra injectors is mounted on the side of the piping.. about 4 inches from the trottle body...!!! its actually working for me!!.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: (specv5150)

the injector is activated by a RPM switch.. I get full boost at 3500 rpm so I got a RPM pill to trig it!!.... I wasted all the money on the engine .. from what I heard there's no problem running 5 pounds on a stock engine no upgrades.. just need to get the timing right.... this one mechanic took a look at my car and said I should stick with 5.. till i get a HOndata or something. more fuel ...
Old 01-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxturboh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i went through 3 motors in a period of a MONTH!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's hard to believe.

Keep your stock injectors and run a 100 or so static fuel pressure.

As far as EMS, put that mugen chip back in. Mugen means fast. End of story.

Please do a search from now on and try to learn a thing or two before making another post which will only result in you being laughed at.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:12 PM

I think you’re on the right track but you need to slow down and think about this. You should have learned after the first motor or the second that something isn’t working and it most likely the fuel set up. Just keep it at 4 pounds until you can get a fuel pump and a vafc along with the 450cc injectors and some dyno time you should be fine to up it to 7 or maybe even 9 pounds. If you really won’t to get the most out of it you will need to get into a real fuel management system.

Quick Reply: HOW MUCH BOOSTT should I . (fully built)