Notices

how MUCh boost with greedy blue box ,

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how MUCh boost with greedy blue box ,

hi all .
i juat want to ask that how high i can go with a Greedy blue box ., on a B16a Stock motor , ,another option is to use a Chiped ECu , ill be running a T25(m24) turbo , which is .48/,48 . i Think ,
thankx ,
Old 02-22-2006, 08:17 AM
wrenchin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how MUCh boost with greedy blue box , (salman)

none, the blue box is gay, use a chipped ecu.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how MUCh boost with greedy blue box , (I Have an STD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Have an STD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">none, the blue box is gay, use a chipped ecu.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup /thread
Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how MUCh boost with greedy blue box , (Soccerking3000)

are you talking about the old school bluebox or the emanage. im using the old bluebox on my y8 and have been running 10 psi on it for almost a year now. no problems at all. i also am not a crazy driver. be careful and you can have fun with the bluebox.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:00 AM
wrenchin'

Default Re: how MUCh boost with greedy blue box , (bluemax189)

sorry buddy, you are the exception, not the rule. the blue box sucks. end of story, lock thread
Old 02-22-2006, 12:33 PM

i think ur rite , but at a place where no tuning is avalable . i think taking chace to run a blue box . is ok .
Old 02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (salman)

"greedy" blue box.....hahaha made me laugh!

You got the greedy part right!!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike1114)

I used to have a greddy turbo kit on my 94 dx coupe w/ a d16z6 in it...I had used the blue box along with a 255 in tank pump, stock injectors and slightly raised base fuel press (3-6 psi) to achieve a near perfect a/f ratio in the 11.8-12.2 area at about 10-11 psi of boost...The car ran and acted flawlessly in and out of boost and ran a best time of 13.1@110 mph on street tires....It was a mid 12 sec car on slicks for sure and never gave me one problem....Theres my real .02 and not your typical blue box here say..
Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99lspwr)

13.1 at 6 lbs with greddy kit?!!! anyways, im in no means encouraging the bluebox, but i used it cuz im a broke college kid and wanted temporary fuel management, which turned out to be a little longer than expected. i got an emanage at home waiting to be put in, and yeah the emanage because in MD, i gotta stay OBD2.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bluemax189)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluemax189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">13.1 at 6 lbs with greddy kit?!!! anyways, im in no means encouraging the bluebox, but i used it cuz im a broke college kid and wanted temporary fuel management, which turned out to be a little longer than expected. i got an emanage at home waiting to be put in, and yeah the emanage because in MD, i gotta stay OBD2.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Re-read what I wrote, it doesent say I was boosting 6 psi.......anyways
Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike1114)

You know it's so funny how many of you guys knock the Greddy E-Manage without having any experience with it. I see so many ppl post about it and criticize it who have never used it. They always just say the e-manage sucks. Now for those of us who have to keep OBDII for emissions, the E-Manage is a perfect solution. I was running the blue E-Manage on my Accord w/ 9 psi and it ran well. I just upgraded to the Ultimate and am getting tuned next week; the only reason I upgraded was b/c I needed better control over my 550's. Next week after my tune I'll post up the results and if the results are good then everyone can stop knocking the E-Manage. I'm expecting 300whp and about 330 ft/lbs of tq b/c on 9 psi I made 225 whp and 240 ft/lbs of tq.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how MUCh boost with greedy blue box , (salman)

Nice to see they are trying engine mods such as turbo's in karachi last time i went to that part of the world they were more interested in neon lights, altezza lights and huge rear spoilers
i wouldnt try and use the blue box over 6-7psi. only keep it temporary untill u get some real tuning done.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Excelerate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Excelerate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know it's so funny how many of you guys knock the Greddy E-Manage without having any experience with it. I see so many ppl post about it and criticize it who have never used it. They always just say the e-manage sucks. Now for those of us who have to keep OBDII for emissions, the E-Manage is a perfect solution. I was running the blue E-Manage on my Accord w/ 9 psi and it ran well. I just upgraded to the Ultimate and am getting tuned next week; the only reason I upgraded was b/c I needed better control over my 550's. Next week after my tune I'll post up the results and if the results are good then everyone can stop knocking the E-Manage. I'm expecting 300whp and about 330 ft/lbs of tq b/c on 9 psi I made 225 whp and 240 ft/lbs of tq.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you should read, we arent bashing e-manage but the blue box, completely different thing
Old 02-23-2006, 03:16 PM
wrenchin'

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

im bashing both YOU CANNOT ADJUST TIMING WITH E-MANAGE!! therefore it is inferior. END THREAD

really there are so much better and CHEAPER ways to turbo your car than with e-manage and the blue box. stock injectors on 11 psi?? holy f uck im sure they were at 200% duty cycle.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Have an STD)

why dont you just use the VAFC Hack...better than the blue box, I fried my motor with blue box after about 1000 miles!! Better yet just get hondata...etc....trust me
Old 02-23-2006, 03:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Have an STD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU CANNOT ADJUST TIMING WITH E-MANAGE!! therefore it is inferior. END THREAD

</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh really? LOL

stfu... all of you ****** noobs. unless you have used emanage or tuned it do not open your ******* mouths about it.

btw, yes you can adjust timing with emanage ALONG with a bunch of other ****.. i can make a list if you want.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
wrenchin'

Default Re: (mike93boost)

noob??? stfu man, ok i made a mistake? e-manage is inferior to the free stuff, so why bother?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Excelerate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Excelerate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know it's so funny how many of you guys knock the Greddy E-Manage without having any experience with it. I see so many ppl post about it and criticize it who have never used it. They always just say the e-manage sucks. Now for those of us who have to keep OBDII for emissions, the E-Manage is a perfect solution. I was running the blue E-Manage on my Accord w/ 9 psi and it ran well. I just upgraded to the Ultimate and am getting tuned next week; the only reason I upgraded was b/c I needed better control over my 550's. Next week after my tune I'll post up the results and if the results are good then everyone can stop knocking the E-Manage. I'm expecting 300whp and about 330 ft/lbs of tq b/c on 9 psi I made 225 whp and 240 ft/lbs of tq.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have tuned emanage(blue that is). It works pretty decent on smaller injectors...probably not so well on anything much larger than 450's-550's. Honestly I think unless you are automatic it is a huge waste of money. Its pretty pricey and doesn't control near as much as you can get with the chipped obd1 ecu stuff. Its basically just an expensive hack and to control stuff like timing and all you need to buy a bunch of extra crap and then you need to sit down and figure out exactly how much timing is being advanced from the emanage altering the map signal which is a pain. If you are obd2 and have issues with emmissions then simply swap your injectors and put the stock ecu in when it comes time for emmissions. Its not really that hard.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Have an STD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">noob??? stfu man, ok i made a mistake? e-manage is inferior to the free stuff, so why bother?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have an OBDI car and do not live in a state where emissions is an issue then go ahead with your free chipped ECU. But many of us live in states where emissions is a big deal and we need to maintain our OBDII ports to pass emissions and drive our cars. So the E-Manage comes into play. Yes it is a piggyback system, and the with the blue E-manage it can control up to about 450cc injectors but with the Ultimate it can control injectors directly. It also can adjust timing. Like I said, ppl talking about a product they have no experience with. Those who recommend the VAFC hack should also read the thread on how it advances timing. I ran the hack and it did it to me causing pinging.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

really there are so much better and CHEAPER ways to turbo your car than with e-manage and the blue box. stock injectors on 11 psi?? holy f uck im sure they were at 200% duty cycle. [/QUOTE]

I guess your reffering to me about this comment. As far as your concern for the duty cycle, the blue box knows know different if your at 6 psi, 9, 10, 11, whatever...In my case it was made to work with 6 psi of boost, and I simply added some fuel pressure to achieve a a good a/f ratio when I was running 10-11 psi...The duty cycle would be the same either way....
Old 02-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99lspwr)

well, blue box is decent for beginners with OBD2 systems, who want a temporary fuel management. im upgrading to emanage soon(got it infront of me) and think e-manage is the only real option i have.

and "free" programs for obd2 people arent free at all. Once you count the obd1 computer, adapter harness and chip burning stuff and the chips, then you're looking at the same or more than an emanage.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bluemax189)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bluemax189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, blue box is decent for beginners with OBD2 systems, who want a temporary fuel management. im upgrading to emanage soon(got it infront of me) and think e-manage is the only real option i have.

and "free" programs for obd2 people arent free at all. Once you count the obd1 computer, adapter harness and chip burning stuff and the chips, then you're looking at the same or more than an emanage. </TD></TR></TABLE>
chipped p28($100), conversion harness($75), chip burner($50-$90). Last time i checked emange came out to a lot more than that. Not to mention if you have a professional tuner tune your car then you dont even need to buy the chip burner. You still at least need a laptop and wideband to tune emanage yourself.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
chipped p28($100), conversion harness($75), chip burner($50-$90). Last time i checked emange came out to a lot more than that. Not to mention if you have a professional tuner tune your car then you dont even need to buy the chip burner. You still at least need a laptop and wideband to tune emanage yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So what are you using to tune your chipped p28 with? Star charts?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what are you using to tune your chipped p28 with? Star charts?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Innovate wideband, Plx wideband, 1.3ghz dell laptop, ostrich real time programmer, cromepro, serial datalogging cable, etc. I make money tuning cars though and the money has easily been made back. If you are getting the car tuned by a proffessional like most of the people out there then you will be spending a lot less money with a chipped obd1 ecu.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

been using blue box for a year @ 7psi and no problems

Quick Reply: how MUCh boost with greedy blue box ,