Notices

How many times a day???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many times a day???

So guys just wondering how many times a day does your car see boost ? , and be honest some of us all have a heavy foot when we leave from a stop light.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:00 PM

Default Re: How many times a day??? (B16AHondaSi)

hard to say, but i boost a lot.. enough to get less than 200 miles per tank as is, but i still have a lot of tuning to do on the geo...

I was coming home from salt lake the other day, and i was in boost a lot, because a new m3 decided he wanted to mess around, so we kind of raced off and on the whole way down.. gosh that was fun.

When i got down i popped my hood to see my whole turbo/downpipe etc. glowing bright red. it was awesome!

Oh yeah, i also kept it in FIFTH gear the WHOLE time running about 15 lbs.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:40 PM

Default Re: How many times a day??? (B16AHondaSi)

That's a tough question to answer. Depending on the day its either all the damn time or never. Cold day = every chance I can. Hot day = why bother? I do a lot of boosting in the low-mid range. Hardly do top end runs anymore

Car just feels shitty in hot weather so I don' bother pushin' it. Took my car to Vegas this past weekend and I barely boosted at all while I was there. Car acted funny in higher elevations but normal again once I got back. Weird...probably normal but weird. Did a whole lot of highway boostin' on the way there and back. Made it from San Diego to Primm, NV on 2/3 of a tank so I give a to the Greddy Blue Box.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many times a day??? (lazerus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazerus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hard to say, but i boost a lot.. enough to get less than 200 miles per tank as is, but i still have a lot of tuning to do on the geo...

I was coming home from salt lake the other day, and i was in boost a lot, because a new m3 decided he wanted to mess around, so we kind of raced off and on the whole way down.. gosh that was fun.

When i got down i popped my hood to see my whole turbo/downpipe etc. glowing bright red. it was awesome!

Oh yeah, i also kept it in FIFTH gear the WHOLE time running about 15 lbs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i remember reading that boosting in 5th gear for long periods of time on the freeway isn't good?
Old 09-01-2003, 12:23 AM

Default Re: How many times a day??? (igotyofire)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igotyofire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i remember reading that boosting in 5th gear for long periods of time on the freeway isn't good?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I read that all the time also. After 2 turbo GS-R's and over 2 years of boosting in 5th gear all the time I would have to disagree. I don't do it much now but with my other car I loved 4th and 5th gear runs. Just like passing without having to downshift. I'm sure there are some negative effects for some people but none for me so far.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:31 AM

I would hit at least a pound before every shift just to hear the blow off.