Notices

how do you know if the motor is blown?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you know if the motor is blown?

eh stupid question but need alittle help, i was wondering if how can you tell if the motor is blown? i just put a turbo kit into my stock gsr with a my whole fuel system set up with 440rc injectors... later on after just turning on the car(without tune-p30), and then later on, it just don't want to start anymore, it just cranks and sometimes i get it to start and everytime i gas the pedal(revving) it doesn't want to rev up, and it idle low under 500, the car just wants to die.. i wonder how am i going to get it to start again? i'm getting my s300 in and want to put a base map in and drive to the shop to tune but don't i have to turn on the car to be able to load the program or something? i'm guessing my motor is blown..haha.. well, giving an excuse building it up.. what do you guys think? any help if the motor is blown? hope its not..
Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do you know if the motor is blown? (fktouge)

Your motor is not blown. You are trying to start your car and run it with 440cc injectors and a stock ECU. Pull your plugs, I bet they are soaked in fuel. Put a new set of plugs in and wait until you get your S300. You will not need to start your car to load the basemap into your S300. Once you get your S300 and the basemap loaded, put the new plugs in and then try and start the car.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: how do you know if the motor is blown? (bigdgsr)

too big of injectors for the stock map. if you need it to start hold the pedal to the floor and crank it that will let in as much air possible to get it started, i wouldnt drive it like that, fuel can wash oil off the rings and cause problems.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: how do you know if the motor is blown? (bigdgsr)

so you mean the plugs or the spark plugs? cause i did pull the spark plugs out and they are wet but the plugs isn't wet though?... anyway, i do need to get bigger plugs for better sparks i guess.. so new spark plugs or plugs?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you need a damn tune. quit being stupid. either put stock injectors in there if you NEED to start if not then just wait on your damn S300 and quit wasting ur time
Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: (bigbadboy)

y would i need to change my 440 rc fuel injectors to my stock injectors? i don't see why? i have a fuel pressure regulator i can adjust the fuel psi to stock if that works too?. is there a different between 440s and stock injectors?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you mean the plugs or the spark plugs? cause i did pull the spark plugs out and they are wet but the plugs isn't wet though?... anyway, i do need to get bigger plugs for better sparks i guess.. so new spark plugs or plugs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

he was referring to the "plugs" as in spark plugs. change them out cuz theyre soaked in gas...and dont try to start it again with those injectors till you get the engine management.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: how do you know if the motor is blown? (philafelman)

alright... thanks alot man..
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: (fktouge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">y would i need to change my 440 rc fuel injectors to my stock injectors? i don't see why? i have a fuel pressure regulator i can adjust the fuel psi to stock if that works too?. is there a different between 440s and stock injectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

OMFG! are you serious? if you dont think they are different why the expletive did you put them in??

YES They are diffirent they are almost double the size and your computer cant control them that is one of the reasons for engine management

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you mean the plugs or the spark plugs? cause i did pull the spark plugs out and they are wet but the plugs isn't wet though?... anyway, i do need to get bigger plugs for better sparks i guess.. so new spark plugs or plugs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TOUCH A CAR EVER

There is not such thing as bigger spark plugs for bigger sparks.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:56 PM

bigger injectors with stock fuel pressure will deliver more fuel. maybe if you reduce the fuel pressure you can get away with it. (I don't know how you could reduce the pressure to lower than stock). car running rich.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: (agrn93ls)

the 440 inectors that i was talkin about is that i can just adjust the fuel psi like stock and yea its 440s its bigger than stocks but still smaller that i also heard that the ecu won't be able read the 440 injectors.. but idk, and i'm not gonna drive it yet of course untill tune..haha i was just talking about startin it up..

and about the sparks plugs and plugs... im talking about the wire PLUGS!.. getting bigger wire PLUGs.. its the one that you plug into the spark plugs... haha. thinkin MSD.. cap and rotor, better ignition...

Old 11-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: (blitz23)

well it smells like its running rich... i haven't yet hook up my wideband o2 in yet so i'm not sure...
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 PM

all you need is the stock wires man they are good stuff.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TOUCH A CAR EVER

</TD></TR></TABLE>

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA.

You guys are harsh.

Maybe after learning what he wants to do exactly He should be able to touch his car again.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: (OLD_HATCH)

haha... its koo man.. i actually haven't been touchin my car for months, just time to time.. i been driving my rx7... i've been too lazy on my gsr.. haha ..

and by the way.. when turboing your car'
fuel and ignition is a good way for force induction..
thats what i think... well i guess it depend on how i wanna run your car?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and by the way.. when turboing your car'
fuel and ignition is a good way for force induction..
thats what i think... well i guess it depend on how i wanna run your car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you being serious or are you just ******* with people now?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well it smells like its running rich... i haven't yet hook up my wideband o2 in yet so i'm not sure... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh you don't say? Hell, I think you might be on to something there. You think that maybe the wet stuff on your spark plugs could've maybe been fuel? And maybe that they aren't supposed to be wet like that?

In all seriousness dude, I really think you should get someone that knows what they are doing to work on your car before you really expletive something up.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: (. a d a m)

to fkdouche

im not tryin to be an all out ***** but you seriously are SO far off on what to do. you really are going to fubar that thing completely before you can even drive it. leave it to someone that knows what they are doing

and there are alot of honda's on here pushing 600+ horsepowerz on stock "sparks"
Old 11-01-2007, 08:18 PM

okay.. haha, doods, having bigger wires of course doesn't make better sparks and there is no such thing.. its just better to have a better advance igition work to it
It just seems like sometime in high rpm, you can possibly get cut out sparks..(okay, this is just what i think?) if it sounds too dumb and wrong,my bad .. )
Old 11-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: (. a d a m)

and talkin about the fuel ****... haha, anyway, yea obviously its rich of the sparkplugs..., haha.. i was really just meantching about reading rich on my wideband gauge...
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM

okay again not to be an *** but wtf are you saying? are you just f'ing with us or are you serious. if you are serious please do not ever do anything to your car ever. because you dont have a clue. there is no advance ignition to do the work.

just being honest and trying to be polite you dont have a clue how a car's fuel and ignition control work.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
z6
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and talkin about the fuel ****... haha, anyway, yea obviously its rich of the sparkplugs..., haha.. i was really just meantching about reading rich on my wideband gauge... </TD></TR></TABLE> thats what the wideband is for genius, to tell you whats going on in the engine(where you pulled your plugs from)
Old 11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fktouge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... that i also heard that the ecu won't be able read the 440 injectors..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

the ECU's Read the injectors... you got some magic ecu then... please sell them to me ASAP
Old 11-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: (Chris Tune)

haha.. no no... i'm saying that the (virgin p30 ecu) won't read the bigger 440s are probably still an't to big that the ecu would just read it as the stock ones?.. someone here on honda-tech to me that so if its wrong then your right...
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 PM

eh i know you an't being an ***.. haha its koo man.. we just talkin... anyway, well... not talkin advancing.. more like upgrade.. you ever heard msd... ?

Quick Reply: how do you know if the motor is blown?