Notices

how to control boost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to control boost?

will someone clarify this for me? so on a greddy kit or similar is the boost is controlled by the wastegate and the amount of boost is based on what spring you have in it? and then over the setting of the spring you need a boost controller? do you need everything to be set at the same boost level: wastegate, controller, bov? how do you know what boost you are running with an intercooler? is it you set the controller at 9 and then read your boost meter for the correct reading after the intercooler? thanks.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how to control boost? (Quetzolcotl)

Boost pressure is controlled by the wastegate. The spring can be adjusted somewhat, usually in the range of a couple psi. While you may get some pressure drop with an i/c, intercoolers and BOV's do not have boost settings. BOV's have spring pre-load adjustments to adjust how sensitive they are to changing manifold pressures. When you want to raise boost, you can leave the wastegate spring alone,a nd simply turn up the boost controller and watch your boost gauge. Your boost gauge should be reading manifold pressure anyway, so you don't need to adjust for pressure drop after the i/c.