Notices

Hondata Issue For Archive

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata Issue For Archive

I decided to post this just in case someone else has the same problem that I had, and it would be nice to save someone money and time. I have a d16 boosted with 9 psi 440cc and Hondata s200b. The car was tuned by Mase and was running like a champ. Then one blue moon the car started to have a blip between 3-4 thousand RPM. Mase did all he could to fix it but it did not work. Then later the car would have problems starting as if it was not getting fuel. No biggie I can deal with that. Then the car started shutting off in the middle of driving around!! Huge issue since there was no rhyme or reason for the car shutting off completely. So I figured a fuel pump however before I installed the fuel pump I tried updating the Bin with the new Upgrade release by Hondata and made no changes to the original tune, only updated the version of the bin. The car pulls harder than it originally did and now there is no more lag,blip,problems starting, and last but not least no more accident causing shut offs in the middle of the road. Sorry the post is long however I could have never figured that Hondata could have caused those issues. However I was wrong, so to those that may experience problems similar try updating your bin. Now I am in love again with my Datalogging Hondata! Thanks again Mase for your Awesome Tune!!
Old 02-28-2004, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Hondata Issue For Archive (dabrown)

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but has the Hondata had problems like this with other early versions?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Issue For Archive (nd_styles)

I would say maybe a low % have experienced problems in the past with Hondata. They have a pretty good track record, it's just when you have so many different variables like different setups it's kind of hard not experience issues on a few applications. However the good thing is they were able to correct whatever was causing my problems with my wifes car..
Old 02-28-2004, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Issue For Archive (nd_styles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nd_styles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but has the Hondata had problems like this with other early versions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They have always had little glitches here and there with other boxes. Although anytime they've had a problem it's usually taken care of right away and dealt with immediately. They always try to correct the issue as fast and best possible. I had the exact same porblem as dabrown minus the shutting off of the car. The blip between 3-4k rpm was what I was getting along with my shift light coming on at 3k when trying to set it for 8k it wouldn't work. Since then the box has been sent out and returned repaired and ready for use.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:54 AM

Is not always hondata I had the same problem with my car ended up being my igniter was bad got new one all my problems went away!! Good info!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by booscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is not always hondata I had the same problem with my car ended up being my igniter was bad got new one all my problems went away!! Good info!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true At times it could be other things within your setup malfunctioning.